“great food, great people” 5 of 5 stars

509-838-4600
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Herbal Essence Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 765 Restaurants in Spokane
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Helena, Montana
“great food, great people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

Last night 11 teenage girls and their mothers were treated to great food and great service! I so appreciate the level of service I received from everyone at Herbal Essence Cafe! they worked with me from the start to make the evening enjoyable and affordable for everyone. we had a 5:30 reservation and had plenty of time to make the 8:00 showing of Wicked. Everyone loved their food; from herbed salmon, gorgonzola chicken to huckleberry baked steak. They also did not bat an eye at special food request; gluten intolerance and a rice allergy. The house wines were very good, reasonably priced and served in a generous glass! Deserts were enjoyed by all and shared around. Except for one serving of apple pie, which never made it from daughter to mother. We travel to Spokane as a group every year and definitely will be looking forward to eating at Herbal Essence Cafe next year!! I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

spokane
“Casual, comfy dining with step-above food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Salad could have been dressed a little more generously but all in all, a balanced meal. Tasty cocktails. I enjoyed the flavor of the pasta dish. Steak was well-prepared. Convenient near- theater location.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

I was quite surprised that Herbal Essence didn’t have a higher like percentage on Urbanspoon. My husband and I went there during restaurant week and later when we used a Groupon. Both trips: had excellent service, food and cocktails. Herbal Essence can get pricey. However, I feel the prices at Herbal Essence are in line with the value of the food. I don’t always feel this way. Clover, for example, has outstanding brunches and a fantastic bar but I feel Clover’s dinners are overpriced for the food quality. Reservations are must at Herbal Essence, especially if it’s an event night at the INB Theater. You may have to wait a bit for service. I’m ok with that because two servers are greeting, waiting and bartending for the entire floor. I don’t go to a sit down dinner eatery to zoom through my meal like I would at a fast food restaurant.

The only part of the cuisine that is lacking at Herbal Essence is the desserts. My husband and I felt that Herbal Essence buys pre-made desserts for their tray. We ordered a dessert during restaurant week and it was Costco quality.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Fantastic local Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Herbal Essence is a wonderful little cafe tucked in the busy streets of downtown Spokane. You could easily miss it if you were not looking for it. It is wise to make a reservation as seating is limited. The food is to die for !!!!!

Visited January 2014
Spokane, Washington
“I love the crab cakes at this place.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

The service is prompt, and the crab cakes are delicious, as is the creme brulee. The ambiance is pleasant and low key.

Visited September 2013