“Casual, comfy dining with step-above food.” 4 of 5 stars

509-838-4600
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Herbal Essence Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 698 Restaurants in Spokane
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
spokane
“Casual, comfy dining with step-above food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

Salad could have been dressed a little more generously but all in all, a balanced meal. Tasty cocktails. I enjoyed the flavor of the pasta dish. Steak was well-prepared. Convenient near- theater location.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

I was quite surprised that Herbal Essence didn’t have a higher like percentage on Urbanspoon. My husband and I went there during restaurant week and later when we used a Groupon. Both trips: had excellent service, food and cocktails. Herbal Essence can get pricey. However, I feel the prices at Herbal Essence are in line with the value of the food. I don’t always feel this way. Clover, for example, has outstanding brunches and a fantastic bar but I feel Clover’s dinners are overpriced for the food quality. Reservations are must at Herbal Essence, especially if it’s an event night at the INB Theater. You may have to wait a bit for service. I’m ok with that because two servers are greeting, waiting and bartending for the entire floor. I don’t go to a sit down dinner eatery to zoom through my meal like I would at a fast food restaurant.

The only part of the cuisine that is lacking at Herbal Essence is the desserts. My husband and I felt that Herbal Essence buys pre-made desserts for their tray. We ordered a dessert during restaurant week and it was Costco quality.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Fantastic local Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Herbal Essence is a wonderful little cafe tucked in the busy streets of downtown Spokane. You could easily miss it if you were not looking for it. It is wise to make a reservation as seating is limited. The food is to die for !!!!!

Visited January 2014
Spokane, Washington
“I love the crab cakes at this place.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

The service is prompt, and the crab cakes are delicious, as is the creme brulee. The ambiance is pleasant and low key.

Visited September 2013
Nine Mile Falls, Washington
“Great pairings and good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

This is definitely the place to go if you are going to anything at the INB. We had the place nearly to ourselves until a little after 6pm -- this was the time most people had made reservations as the INB had a show at 8pm. We had tickets for the civic at 7:30pm and had more than enough time. The Chowder was unique and flavorful (ie a fusion of herbs). The halibut was excellent and paired nicely with sauteed peppers and squash. The lamb was cooked perfectly and had a wonderful flavor with the stone-ground mustard demi-glaze. We missed not seeing the stuffed dungeness crab on the menu - it is my wife's favorite. The house wines- Chardonnay and Merlot are better than most house wines at other establishments. The portion sizes were average for the price. While the lighting is scarce to create the mood it could be a little brighter to be able to read the menus. Overall, I would recommend Herbal Essence to others.

• Visited February 2014