“Food is outstanding - the home-made dessert is unreal!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #139 of 769 Restaurants in Spokane
Cuisines: Thai
Helena, MT
“Food is outstanding - the home-made dessert is unreal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2009

We had garlic shrimp the first night, along with jasmine rice, and it was great. Then we shared home-made coconut ice cream and it blew our socks off! I love good ice cream and this is the best I've had in a long, long while.

We had to go back the second night we were in Spokane, and we shared chicken fried rice, which was perfect. Then my wife & I each got our own dish of coconut ice cream.

Fresh tasty food, generous portions, quiet atmosphere and reasonable prices. You can't ask for more.

Spokane, WA
“Great Thai food in Spokan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2008

"We looked in Spokane for decent Thai food for almost two years before we found A taste of Thai. We have found our restaurant. The food is simply amazing and is just as good or better than the many asian cuisine places in Seattle. This is by far the best in Spokane and I would bet all of eastern Washington. Again, the food is delicious, the staff is fun, and the service is great. Great food, great price, great people."

Spokane, WA
“Excellent Thai food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2008

We moved from Southern California to Spokane a year and a half ago and have been having a difficult time finding authentic ethnic food here...until now. My husband I just loved the food. We will definitely be going back again and will recommend to all our friends. We had the Phad Thai, yellow curry, chicken satay, and fantastic coconut ice cream. What a treat!

Seattle
“Sad in Seattle”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2006

My partner and I just got back from Spokane and we cannot stop thinking of the great dinner we had at "A Taste of Thai".
It is a little restaurant that is tucked a away off of hastings rd. We were told by a friend to check it out for dinner. It opens at 5pm and I would have never guessed that the food would be so great!
From the Chicken Satay to the hand made coconut ice cream! Wish we had one here in Seattle.

Spokane
“At last, great Thai food in Spokane”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2006

It seems that every ethnic restaurant in Spokane is called "a taste of" insert-exotic-locale-here. But this little north-end place, in a strip mall on Hastings by Mead High School, doesn't disappoint. In fact, it may be the only Thai joint in Spokane/CDA that can hold its own with the best of Seattle or Portland.

The curries are fresh-tasting, rich and nutty. The appetizers are yummy. Vegetables and meats are fresh and cooked just enough. Prices are very reasonable. The only complaint is the small, somewhat plain space, but even that is charming in a way, especially when the owner (Thai by way of Minneapolis) comes out to chat. Very nice.