“good but pricey” 4 of 5 stars

(509) 328-5965
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Clinkerdagger is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 763 Restaurants in Spokane
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
San Diego, California
“good but pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Had a late Sunday lunch when the restaurant was fairly quiet. Seated outside with great views over the river and city center. Smoked salmon starter was pretty average but thoroughly enjoyed my pancetta coated halibut. Everyone else in the party enjoyed their meals so thumbs up for the food. On the down side, I did think the prices were on the high side. Service was friendly and not slow like many seem to have commented. Would consider going back but it would have to be a special occasion to pay these high prices

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Seattle, Washington
“I'd go again...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Ate here for an impromptu lunch while in town for a convention. We were a party of six, looking for lunch at around noon on a Saturday. The inner dining room was empty save for a few seated at the bar, and the outside tables had maybe many empty tables. This is the only time I've been and I'd be curious to see what a return visit would be like, but here are my impressions:

The Good:
The outside dining area is a well done modern alteration to the historic building. I imagine it gets very full and would be a popular gathering spot for tourists and locals alike. They had umbrellas out to offer shade, and the furniture was nicely more substantial than most outdoor seating, which contributed to a "fine dining" vibe.

My food was great and most of the rest of my party of six was happy with their lunches. One person said it was "just ok."

The Bad:
As others have commented, service was slow. It annoys me to have to wait to pounce on the server in order to get a check so I can leave - especially when he knew we had a limited window for lunch. I understand time to cook, but there really isn't any excuse for making people wait a long time to pay and open up the table for more customers. Which leads me to...

The Ugly:
Tables outside were four tops, and the hostess actually expected us to sit at two separate tables when she seated us. She said the restaurant doesn't let people move tables together, which seems bizarre and I was surprised she didn't tell us that before trying to seat us - though I suppose she knew we'd have walked out. After much insistence on our part she finally went back inside and returned having gotten permission to let our party sit together. She also made comments that we were only getting to do it because all of their reservations weren't due until later - and was slightly mollified when we assured her our time was limited due to our schedule anyway. Not a great way to make customers feel welcome.

So go for the scenery, the food was fine, but I strongly recommend you do not go with a group. Perhaps if you make a reservation you won't meet the attitude we received, but I really couldn't say.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
DebiMoon, General Manager at Clinkerdagger, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
I appreciate your feedback, I would love to speak with you personally to get a little more information. I promise we pull tables together for large parties on a daily bases. It sounds as though there were a few things in your recent visit that do not meet our standards. You can reach me at dmoon@r-u-i.com or 509 328 5965. Sincerely, Debi Moon General Manager
Spokane, Washington
“Mr”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Consistently good food. A little pricey. Very good service. Food just as good at Black Angus. Good location. Get a window seat in daytime.

Lansdale, Pennsylvania
“Great View and Good Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Sat outside overlooking the Spokane River. Great weather and great view made for a perfect dinner setting. The food was very good, but not one of the best meals that I have ever had in a restaurant. The service was very good and all the staff seemed very friendly and eager to please. The only complaint that I would have is that the cost seemed kind of high. Two glasses of wine, salad, and main course (seafood) ran $63 before tip. Worth it for a special occassion or a splurge.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Yakima, Washington
“Excellent Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

We had a really good meal at the restaurant my steak was over cooked but that happens a lot for me because when I cook my steaks I cook them on each side for 1 minute each. the rest of the meals for my sons and my sister's family were exceptional.

Visited July 2014