“perfect location with amenities” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #21 of 43 Hotels in Spokane
Denver, Colorado
“perfect location with amenities”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We are frequent visitors to Spokane area, having a daughter who attends college here. For some reason this was only our first stay at this location. We were happy with everything about our reservation. Front desk was welcoming, room was very comfortable and clean. We ate in the bar patio area off of the restaurant menu, and service was great. Food was awesome, and beer was cold! Hot tub was warm and clean. Used airport shuttle and it was very quick. Driver was friendly. returning.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Tacoma, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

This hotel is clean and convenient to the airport. The restaurant (peppers) was fantastic. The food was exceptional. I go to Spokane occasionally for business and have found this hotel to be above average.

• Stayed May 2013
Brackettville, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

These people have NO RESPECT for your personal property. I still don't know if they have stolen some of my jewelry!!! They just took possession of my personal property without notice because THEY made a mistake on my reservation!!!!!!! THE MAIDS knew we hadn't checked out. At this point I feel like I should be contacting the police. I will post more later. Checking out now never to stay in another HI again. PS we are members of their "club" and were treated this way. Shame shame.

• Stayed May 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Spokane Airport, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Dear DD S,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Spokane.

Orlando A.
Tacoma, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Traveling on Army business limits my choice of hotels, even when there is no difference in room rate. That's one reason I ended up staying the week here. The remote location is a little inconvenient, but Spokane isn't L.A., so no big deal. Let's start with the good points: Parking is free and plentiful; my room featured a very good shower, comfortable bed, and HDTV with a decent selection of channels.
Not so good points: Smokers tend to walk out of a side door and stop right outside my 1st floor window to light up. The heating/cooling unit sucks all those carcinogens into my room...I tried to mitigate the pollution by leaving the heat off, but the windows aren't sealed well, so the smoke filters in anyway. I spoke to the desk clerk, who made sympathetic utterances, but that was it. The smart move would have been to ask for a different room, but since I had already set up my "traveling office", I opted for laziness, so that's on me. Just avoid Room 132 if you are a non-smoker!
Another gripe I have is with the nickle-and-dime scams perpetrated in the hotel restaurant, Peppers. While the quality of the food is acceptable, the staff have apparently been schooled in slick ways to increase the unwary diner's bill. Example: when you are seated for breakfast, before getting a chance to open your menu, your server appears with carafes of coffee and orange juice in hand, asking smoothly, "Coffee and juice for you this morning?" Most new diners I observed (which included your truly on Day 1) answer, "Okay." Of course, when your check arrives, you discover that the glass of OJ cost you about three bucks.
Last night I had a prime rib dip sandwich, which the menu notes, "comes with your choice of a side (dish)". I looked at the available side dishes and saw "macaroni and cheese". Sounded better than fries or onion rings, so that was my choice. Bartender got a funny look on her face, and said, "There's an upcharge for that side." My instincts dulled from a day of matching wits with bad guys, I assumed the extra cost meant the mac n' cheese must be super awesome. Wrong answer, sportsfans! It was (I am not kidding here) a dish of lukewarm Kraft Mac n' Cheese, like what you buy for 29 cents a box when your bank balance is zeroed out at the end of the month. While I was still staring at my plate in disbelief and mild amusement, a newly-checked in guest bellied up to the bar, handed his free drink chit to the bartender, and asked for a couple of sodas. (For he and his wife) Bartender says, (loudly) "I'm sorry, but that's only good for one drink, the second's gonna cost ya." The guest replied, "But the desk clerk told us since wa paid for a double room, that chit was good for two drinks." Bartender summoned the night manager, who told the guest that the desk clerk had been incorrect. The guest told his wife that they were going to check out in the morning and find another hotel for the week. So, smooth business decision, Mr. Night Manager Guy!
I do need to mention that this hotel's other bartender, Travis, could give the rest of the staff lessons on great customer service skills. If you do happen to wind up at this Holiday Inn, you can trust Travis to not rip you off. (Hope this review doesn't get him fired!)

Bottom line: There are far better hotels in Spokane at the same room rate. If you have a choice, use it.

• Stayed March 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Spokane Airport, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear FightingLeprechaun,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. I am glad to see that you left some feed back on what you liked as well as what fell below your expectations. I would like to apologize for the overall dissatisfaction you had experienced because of your restaurant experience and the room conditions. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Janice A
Wenatchee, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The room was clean and quite, Easy access to the parking lot. Happy hour at the lobby was great. Room service for breakfast was fast, ggod food and a reasonable price. Very friendly staff at the front desk, bar and room service. Great shuttle service to the Casino. Easy to find and well worth the price. Would recommend to anyone going to the Casnio or the airport.

Room Tip: Quite on the 4th floor
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Vermont USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Easy access to airport, shuttle both downtown and airport ( 4 am!), helpful staff, very clean room. We had dinner and breakfast at the attached restaurant which was basic but fine. Would recommend to anyone looking for accommodation close to the airport.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Spokane Airport, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear bob1950,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us, we value your loyalty to our brand and hotels. We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our establishment.

Krysllin G
Edmonds, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a great option for hotels in the greater Spokane area. I've always stayed in downtown but wanted something less expensive. The hotel is in an small office park, ample parking and some green areas to walk the dog. The rooms were very clean, nicely decorated, quiet and good A/C. The staff was very helful and found me a room near an exit so I take the dog our without disturbing other patrons. The room service menu was decent and fast. All in all this is an affordable option in the Spokane area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Spokane Airport? Share your experiences!