“clean and affordable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 43 hotels in Spokane
Greenwood, Canada
“clean and affordable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

this inn is centrally located to shopping and restaurants. it is very affordable,clean and has friendly staff. there is a seasonal outdoor pool with a bbq and picnic table. the rooms have a microwave and fridge. there is also a continental breakfast in the lobby area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

99 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
College Place, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Do stay here, their ratings are trumped up, its not worth the money. You would better off staying at a remodeled Motel 6. The carpets need replacing. The bathrooms need to be remolded. The breakfast leaves something to be desired. They didn't even have bananas.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
AppleTreeInnMotel, Manager at Apple Tree Inn, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are sorry to hear that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. We are an older motel; therefore some of our rooms do need to be remodeled with new carpet and bathroom caulking. Every year, we do numerous upgrades and improvements to rooms to insure that each room is well maintained. We are sorry to hear that your room was in need of some improvements; maintenance and management are in the process of assessing all rooms. We do offer a basic complimentary continental breakfast, but there is a good assortment to choose from including muffins, toast, oatmeal, bagels, cereals, juice, etc. We also have fresh apples and oranges.
Thanks again for the constructive feedback. We hope that you will give us another chance if you are visiting Spokane in the future.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I endured hours of a child's tantrum stomping and running around the room bouncing off the walls above me from late afternoon to nearly midnight. I made numerous complaint calls to the front desk. The desk clerk made numerous visits up to the room during this time with only short pauses in the cessation in the thunderous noise. It sounded like adults in combat boots doing judo throws upstairs. The front desk staff was totally ineffective and, as far as I know, did not contact the on-premises owner. My evening was miserable due to the foregoing. Further, I was awakened at 4:00 am due to the noisy, banging water pipes. The owner gave me a small rebate on my one night's room charge. Considering the unnecessary torment I went through, the room would not have been a bargain even if it was free. The owner should have booted this woman and her three kids out since they would not maintain decorum and consideration for others. Since the owner is unwilling to control the conduct of his guests, he deserves to lose business. He has lost mine for good. This occurred on Memorial Day Weekend and the motel was full. This hotel is rundown and charges more than what a traveller should pay for same. I canceled my second night and checked into a Choice Hotel Property, got a great nights sleep, a hot breakfast (unlike the previous place) and a $50 gift card for my unintended stay. Plus, the rate was cheaper than what I paid at the Apple Tree Inn. Vote with your dollars!

Room Tip: Avoid noise. Get a top floor room if you still wish to stay here. Don't know if this will help...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
AppleTreeInnMotel, Manager at Apple Tree Inn, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are sorry to hear that your stay with us was unsatisfactory. We appreciate that you notified the front desk about your complaint. As a result, the front desk staff made numerous attempts to quiet the guests above your room. If we were not sold out that night, the front desk would have been more than happy to switch you rooms. As compensation, we offered you a discount from your night's stay. In response to your statement that we are "rundown", we make sure each room is clean and well maintained as well as making sure our grounds are presentable and welcoming. We are in the process of updating our rooms as well.

Again, we are sorry that our efforts to address your complaints did meet up to your expectations. We hope to be able to have another opportunity to provide you better experience in the future.

Management
Castlegar, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Looked at other motels in Spokane but always come back to the Apple Tree, why? Good sized family suites always beautifully clean, great amenities, perfect location and the best staff EVER!!!!Have been coming to the Apple Tree for 14 years, first my husband and myself and friends and now we bring the family. The Apple Tree has improved considerably over that time, clean comfortable beds, new crockery and utensils, microwave, dishwasher and full sized oven, everything you need for a wonderful family stay. This Motel is family run and they CARE and it SHOWS, and my family and I love everything about it, best place on Division.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

My golf group stayed here for three years - 6 nights in June each time - the rooms we reserved were ideal for our group - great for hospitality and/or privacy for each fellow. The breakfast every morning was always ready to go and the coffee and juices plentiful - nothing anyone would want to ask for more and if you did the staff did their best to accommodate. We'll be back again, but will be trying new area for the trip this year - and when we come back we'll be looking to stay at the Apple Tree again. Brian

Room Tip: If you have a golf group, the family rooms are great.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Spokane, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

They allow pets, BUT if you have a pet with you this place puts you in a smoking room.

We had a Yorkie with us and the clerk put us in a stinky smoking room. When I asked why she said it's their policy and moving to a non-smoking room wasn't allowed. If you're sensitive or allergic to cigarette smoke this can be a real problem.

I feel that their claims of being pet-friendly are disingenuous.

We won't stay here again - ever.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
AppleTreeInnMotel, Manager at Apple Tree Inn, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are sorry to hear that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. Our pet policy of only allowing small dogs in our smoking rooms has remained the same for many years. This is stated on our website as well as all third party websites (such as Expedia, Priceline, Hotel.com, etc.) If you make your reservation directly by calling us, our front desk is trained to inform guests of our pet policy. We understand that not everyone can stay in a smoking room due to allergies or they find cigarette smoke unpleasant which is why we are upfront about our policy. If a guest who does not smoke stays with us and has a pet, we can also air out the room. You should have been made aware of the pet policy prior to arrival and that you would be in a smoking room (we would not have placed you in a smoking room without informing you) and I apologize if you do not agree with it. Again, we are sorry that your stay with us wasn't what you had expected.
Phoenix
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

OK $45 I kept telling myself that. I was flying out the next morning, just needed a bed. Nice that there was a Microwave, Refer and extra sink. TV Remote did not change Channel down, not a big deal, I stayed here a year ago, and gave a positive review, for the price. This year however, I was disappointed. Stephanie at the front desk was great, Got to my room, 408 realized it was right next to Division Street, I was too busy to change, had people to meet, then listened to traffic all night. I can handle that, my fault. What is not my fault, a black hair on the floor of the bathroom, I am gray/blonde ok, no big deal, I probably tracked it in. Then I looked for a towel, 5 black hairs on my towels, one behind the toilet seat, then a 9 inch black hair on my pillow. I finally called the front desk, she brought me a new (different) pillow........If it was not so late I would have left, still $45 went through my head. But doesn't this Maid see these hairs????? Did my linens not get changed, just recycled? Gross.........And the Pillows are about 2" thick, and feel like pot holders, linens very soft and old, this place needs some money put into it, but then it will be $65, Which I would rather pay I guess, However not having hair on the linens should not cost the consumer, it is a cost inherent to running a motel, at least that is how I would do it, Smoking/Non Smoking? Hair/Hairless? What do we have to ask for?

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from Division Street, The busiest Street in Spokane
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
AppleTreeInnMotel, Manager at Apple Tree Inn, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are very sorry that your stay did not meet up to your expectations. Two of our biggest priorities are for every room to be clean and comfortable while maintaining economical rates. The head housekeeper and the housekeeper that cleaned your room have been notified about this incident and appropriate measures will be ensued. It is unacceptable for you to have find your room in that condition.

We constantly replace our pillows and linens. I apologize if you had one of the flatter pillows. Please don't hesitate to notify the front desk if you have any problems with your room. We would be happy to fix our mistakes such as supplying more pillows or moving you rooms. Also, guests can also put in special requests while making a reservation or at check in time, such as asking for a room away from the highway or the need of extra pillows.

Thank you for staying with us and we appreciate your feedback. The Apple Tree Inn staff sincerely hope to have another opportunity to provide you a better experience the next time you stay with us.

Management

Been to Apple Tree Inn? Share your experiences!