“Hidden Gem near downtown. Great Value & Amenities” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Madison Inn by Riversage

You added The Madison Inn by Riversage to your Saves list
The Madison Inn by Riversage
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15 West Rockwood Boulevard, Spokane, WA 99204 (Formerly The Madison Inn by Riverstone)   |
Offers & Announcements
20% off room rate
Ranked #18 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Granville, Ohio
“Hidden Gem near downtown. Great Value & Amenities”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

LIttle tough to find perched on a hillside amongst medical facilities. Convenient location close to I-90 and downtown. Quiet and attractive. Spotless. Friendly staff. Room nicely furnished (including recliner, fridge, microwave, iron board) Still haven't lost the bedspreads and big TV but not a big detraction. No in room coffee but always in lobby (even at 4:30 am) with real cream. Free continental breakfast in very nicely furnished "living room." Dinner can be ordered daily for 7pm pick up for only $7; includes baked chicken, meatloaf, etc, variety of comfort food choices or soup & salad for only $3.50. Bargain! Friendly staff. Parking lot fills up. Strict limit of one car per room. Mattress hard, but not a deal breaker. Would definitely stay at this very well-run, pleasant hotel again. Enjoyed our stay so much we cancelled night at another hotel and booked an additional night here. Oh, yeah, can't forget the free, fresh popped popcorn every evening. Lots of nice touches at $75 per night. Can't be beat. Highly recommend. Outstanding value.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Polson, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

The Madison Inn is very close to Providence, Sacred Heart Hospital. I stayed with them last October and appreciated the friendly, courteous staff and clean, quiet comfort. We returned this month to find the same pleasant hotel: quiet,clean, nice amenities, coffee, breakfast offerings, afternoon popcorn and the most wonderful personnel. I contacted the hotel a week later, asking about something I'd misplaced and they promptly went above and beyond moving furniture and searching. I highly recommend the Madison Inn. We look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Lewiston, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Madison Inn is within walking distance of Sacred Heart Medical Center and not only is the Madison Inn rated #10 of 64 in Spokane, WA, but it caters to families with medical appointments at SHMC. The service assistance was worth as much as anything else.

Room Tip: Unbeatable prices for member and family requiring medical attention at SHMC. It is also used by busi...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Joseph, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

My husband and I stayed here from Mar 18- Mar 24, 2014. My husband was having a procedure that was suppose to only require a two night stay but unfortunately, it turned into a six night stay. From the get go the staff at the Madison Inn were wonderful to work with. I didn't know from day to day if I was going to need a room and they were completely sold out due to the NCAA Basketball games. However, they were always able to provide me a room so I didn't sleep at the hospital or worse in my truck. Because I was always on a waitlist I did change rooms several times, which was completely fine as I was just grateful to have a room at the end of the day. So I can say each room I stayed in was very clean and comfortable. The handicap rooms were very roomy and had very easy access to everything. The only room I didn't care for was the one on the first floor and it was nothing against the hotel it was just I was by myself and my window was ground level which made me uncomfortable, just a personal issue. But even then when I mentioned it to the hotel the owner, Bill made sure I was moved and actually put me right behind the front desk. I felt completely safe and got the best night sleep I had experienced in a few days. Each day they just had me leave my luggage and they kindly moved it to each of my rooms so when I arrived back at night my belongings were all ready for me. As far as the breakfast I know I read some where disappointed. You know they serve breads, bagels, instant oatmeal, muffins, pastries, coffee and tea and for me it was perfect, quick and perfect to fill me up. I have been in the travel industry for 30+ years and have had stayed at some the best 5 star properties around but the service never was as nice as what I received at the Madison Inn. As far as I am concerned they rate 5 star in service and I would never hesitate to recommend or stay at this property again. On top of the wonderful service and care they provide they are very convenient to get to and from the hospital. You can definitely walk it but I did drive just because I was always leaving so late at night. The hotel has parking vouchers they can give you so you won't have to pay for parking in the hospital garage which was huge for me as I was already spending money I wasn't expecting. I also read some folks found their parking lot to be small, it's not big that's for sure but I never got back to the room before 8 pm and I always found a place to park and they were in a sold out situation. The spots can be tight but that is mostly because folks don't know how to park correctly.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
North Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

We stayed while having a procedure across the street at Sacred Heart Hospital and found it to be very clean, comfortable with a handy location. we will stay there again on a pleasure trip. Extra blessing using Sacred Heart security to get back and forth from hospital!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Stayed in this hotel for two nights. The hotel was very clean, staff was very friendly and helpful, especially the manager Bob. My room was old but very clean. I can not complain. The only minus is the poor breakfast.Thank you guys!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Billings, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

I stayed at the Madison Inn for three nights on a recent business trip. I stayed in one of the business king rooms. The room was perfect. It was clean, nicely decorated and very comfortable. The internet service was great and I had a nice, large work area to utilize. The staff of the Inn was extremely friendly and helpful. The continental breakfast had a lot of options, including oatmeal and breakfast sandwiches. The price was awesome as well. I will stay here again and recommend it to my friends.

Dennis D.