“Great wine--cool venue” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 113 things to do in Spokane
Spokane, Washington
“Great wine--cool venue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I recently had an amazing experience at Barrister Winery. Greg Lipsker gave me a personal tour of the facility and made me feel right at home. I also enjoyed tastings of three Barrister reds--their Cab Franc Rough Justice (blend), and Syrah. All were terrific. The atmosphere is a superb blend of arts, history, and fine wine.

Visited September 2013

Irvine, California
6 attraction reviews
“Greg is a delightful host”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I had an appointment to meet Greg Lipsker late of afternoon and he gave me a private tour of the Winery. Plus we enjoyed tastings right out of the barrel in the basement. Greg was a very informative about the business and how and why they made their wines. The winery sells their wines to a number of local restaurants, also over the tasting counter and through his Wine Club. They also host and stage "Special Events" such as Corporate meeting, Weddings, Bridal Showers and the like.
The Barrister Wines are very unusual and they make small quantities of each varietal. If you would like to learn about wines, without being overwhelmed by a lot of snobbish insider wine talk, then Greg is your man.

Visited June 2013
Portland, Oregon
14 attraction reviews
“Hidden Jewel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

It had been several years since I had been to this winery. Incredible reds......Cab franc, Sangiovese, and Syrah my favorites. I only wished I lived in Spokane, but definitely will stock up each time I visit. This is the best winery in the area.

Spokane, Washington
12 attraction reviews
“The Best Of Everything”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

This is hands down the best winery I have ever had the pleasure of visiting. Their award winning wine is to die for and once you attend one of their "first Fridays" you will be addicted.

My Advice -- Join the wine club!!!

Visited August 2012
Helena, Montana
17 attraction reviews
“Lovely tasting room, great wines”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

On a wine trip to Spokane a few years ago, we discovered Barrister -- and went bonkers over their wines, especially the reds. Now, whenever we are in Spokane, we go in to taste the latest releases, enjoy the ambiance of the tasting room and the friendliness of staff and proprietors, and to load up the SUV with at least a couple of cases. If you love wine and consider wine tasting a fun way to spend an hour or more, do check out Barrister. It's tucked away by the railroad tracks, but offers wines that will bring you back.

Visited October 2012