“Avoid this hotel!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 43 Hotels in Spokane
Highland, California
“Avoid this hotel!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

The website for this locale made it look ten times better than it actually was. The so called evening reception with "hors d'oeuvres" was cheap wine (they only have one brand at the bar at all times - Vendage), chunks of cheese with Ritz crackers and soup and beer. The morning breakfast was terrible. The eggs tasted processed. The room was pretty but the bed was rock hard. Oh and when I couldn't find the sheets for the pull out bed and called the night clerk "Richard" he told me to figure it out myself and hung up the phone on me. Irritated, I went to the front desk. Richard was there. He told me to go back to my room or he would have security kick me out of the hotel!!! Are you kidding me? $200 a night for this?? When I complained to the manager the next day I got a "sorry" and that's it!! They didn't even offer to comp the $15.99 movie we bought! Nothing!! The Holiday Inn Express we stayed in in Western Washington right before our stay at the Oxford was way better than this place for half the price. The only reason I gave this place 2 stars was because the room was nice and the view was great (could have done without the noisy bridge with traffic 24/7 though). We will never stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

What a nice and friendly place! Starting with check-in, we were made to feel so at home. The rooms were very nice and clean and the hotel is centrally located. We were told Oxford is a small family owned hotel chain that is closely overseen by the family. Great work! One of the nicest places we stayed in on our cross country trip.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Aiea, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I was introduced to the Oxford when my son attended Gonzaga. Coming from Hawaii, I had no idea where to stay. I tried this hotel after some ok stays at neighboring hotels, but this is like home away from home, only better. I had a great time at the pool/sauna with beautiful views of the Spokane river and the centennial trail. It is the only place I will stay.
The cleanest hotel with the most professional, friendly staff. I won't stay any pace else!

Room Tip: I always stay in the King Suite. Very spacious and elegant.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Kirkland, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I am taking the time to write this review because I think this place deserves recognition for being
a great place to stay when visiting Spokane. Located right on the river, it is in an ideal location for walking on the river front and also close to the stores. Our room was very clean, as was the rest of the hotel. The staff is friendly and accommodating. After we checked out, I was called by the staff right away and told I had left a ring in the room, so I was able to return for the ring before leaving Spokane. A great place for the price!

Missoula, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

This is our second stay at the Oxford, Downtown Spokane. We were here about 10 years ago and loved it then. Since then, we have skipped around and used many of the downtown area hotels for comparison reasons. I have to say, excluding any premium mega high end hotel, the Oxford really is so nice. We just returned from a three day stay and rented a balcony room (not the executive room). We remembered it to be very nice and very clean which it was. The bed was comfortable, but does not have the pillow soft mattresses that many of the newer or refurbished hotels have. The bed was not super stiff either, making our nights there very comfortable.

We started out on the fourth floor but the first night was very difficult to sleep due to the ice maker churning every hour or so just outside our door. During the night, I went down to the front desk to ask if they could relocate us to another room and they seem delighted to help us. Scored a huge point for staff helpfulness there! We were transferred to a room just like the one we had been in, sans the sunken living room which was fine with us. We also were on the second floor instead of the fourth which again, was no problem. We still had a gorgeous view of the river and Riverfront Park.

The breakfast in the morning is easy to navigate and there are plenty of tables for everyone. There is staff who are very prompt in picking up plates and making sure the guest has been taken care of. This is no extra cost - I am sure it is included in the price of the room. The food was average - but satisfying.

Pool was beautiful and comes complete with a hot tub and steam room - all done in beautiful tile. There is nothing that feels second rate in this hotel, but it is not stuffy or placating to the guest either.

My husband and I would really give this hotel a big thumbs up and would encourage others to stay at least one time. The walk to Riverfront Park is easy and lots of fun. We stayed from Thursday night to Sunday and we slept great every night with the exception of the ice machine noise. It was quiet, clean and lovely.

We used guest laundry and had no trouble with that at all. The fitness room looks great - should have used it, but didn't. It's not big, but has what you need. Actually, the park nearby affords skateboarding, walking, running, and photo op's.

Room Tip: If you choose a balcony room, be sure to ask for one opposite the hall from the ice machine. The fou...
Simpsonville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Great place to feel at home. Clean, professional and welcoming. There were eleven of us without a car trying to get to a wedding reception. The staff at Oxford came to our rescue with the shuttle, transporting us to and from to the wedding and the reception. Thank you to the staff for being such gracious hosts. They made our trip so much more enjoyable.

Room Tip: Contact the hotel direct for reservations - I am Environmental Sensitive and the staff went to great...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
new york city
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We were thrilled to find this hotel lived up to all its excellent reviews. Everything here feels new, the lobby is lovely, the staff is friendly, the rooms are large, the beds comfortable and the shower had good pressure. They have a laundry room and sell detergent which was helpful after a week on the road. The location on the riverfront, just a short picturesque walk to the mall and restaurants was perfect. We had a great one night stay here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Oxford Suites Downtown Spokane? Share your experiences!