“Awesome Oxford” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 43 hotels in Spokane
Edmonton, Canada
“Awesome Oxford”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Very nice room,spacious,clean and comfortable and had a view of the river.Good location with walking path on the promenade .Also very nice was the complimentary drinks,snack bar and breakfast that was included.Service very good, would recommend and definitely go back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

310 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Kalispell, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Not the nicest hotel I have ever been to, but was ok. The breakfast buffet is pretty good, but they are nazis about entrance to it unless you have a ticket. I guess they have had a lot of non-staying freeloaders in the past. I used the big suite with a large group of about 8 people. If you can, get a room which overlooks the river. Terrific view.

Room Tip: Request one with a river view, up high.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Prosser, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We recently stayed in the family suite for two nights. We were extremely happy with the room and the hotel itself. Breakfast and evening reception were nice. The staff was welcoming and courteous. I have only two complaints: beds and pool. The beds were terrible. They were the hardest beds I have ever slept on. The first night I only slept a few hours. I tossed and turned all night long. My whole body ached. It was as if I'd slept on the floor all night. My two year old son didn't sleep well either. I expect much better beds from a hotel of this quality! My beef with the pool was that it was not very clean. Lots of debris in the deep end of the pool.

Other than the beds and the pool needing to be clean I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
WesternTrvlr, Manager at Oxford Suites Downtown Spokane, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate all reviews, postive or otherwise. Our staff will look into your specific concerns regarding the beds and the pool. We regularly clean and maintain our pool. We encourage our guests to let us know right away if anything doesn't appear to be as it should be. We would have been happy to address the problem as soon as we were made aware. Thank you for choosing Oxford Suites and hopefully we'll have another opportunity to serve your lodging needs.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Checkikng in on a Sunday knowing you won't be checking out until Friday is common occurance and one that often is met iwth trepidation. Not so with The Oxford Suites of Downtown Spokane. The rooms are clean and fairly large in todays market. The location offers easy access to most of Spokane.

The complimentary breakfast is in fact a breakfast. Most hotel offer a variety of high-carbohydrate fillers for breakfast. Not so at The Oxford. An actual balanced, healthy breakfast is served with enough variety to suite all.

What sets the Oxford appart is the staff. The friendly and engaging staff at breakfast and at the nightly reception, the front desk staff is professional, but not stiff, the manager is present and engaging at a wide range of operational hours. Its obviousley a team effort. From Michael (one of the maninenance men) to Tom the manager, Amber, Shanda, James et al... (I'm not great with names sorry). The whole crew, seen and un-seen, make Oxford Suites my choice for business accomidations when I stay in Spokane.

Room Tip: top floor is the quietest
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

The staff is great, the drink tickets and breakast are awesome but the room itself leaves much to be desired. The first time we were here we had a nicer room and the bed was nice. This time still got a more expensive room for the king bed and it was absolutely awful; hardly slept. There was a thin blanket that im guessing was suppose to be a comforter and smelled of after shave The bathroom was awkward and soap smelled terrible...Sicilian orange, the only option.

Overall not worth the money. If they bought new nattresses id consider staying but the rest was so terrible I'd never chance it again.

• Stayed February 2013
WesternTrvlr, Manager at Oxford Suites Downtown Spokane, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment and we are truly sorry that you were unhappy with your stay. Our General Manager, Tim Peterson, would like to extend his apologies to you in person and determine the suite where you were sleeping so that we can address the issue immediately. Would you consider call Tim at 800.774.1877? Again, we apologize for your experience and thank you for the candid feedback.
Rossland, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

When I first walked into the hotel I was pleasantly surprised! Beautiful entrance and greeted by friendly staff! The comp drinks and breakfast were great and enjoyed by all! We stayed there for a hockey tourny and the kids loved the hotel ammenities, especially the spa area! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone and I will make it my one stop everytime we go and stay in Spokane. Great for families!!

The staff, Jared and hotel manager, Tim went over and beyond customer service when I lost my phone at the hotel. They quickly returned my phone to me which meant the world. Best hotel experience ever!

Room Tip: The view of the river is a must..so beautiful! But anywhere you stay, you can easily enjoy a coffee...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Kent, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I have been here for four days, and would recommend staying here to anyone. The rooms are nicely furnished, and the staff is very accommodating. Lots of smiles, they offer two free drinks from the bar per night, and the bar staff is wonderful. Overall it's been a great stay, and my expectations have been exceeded. I'll definitely be back!

-Chris

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Oxford Suites Downtown Spokane? Share your experiences!