My husband and I stayed here mid week because of medical appointments in Spokane. We were given a reduced medical rate which was comparable to medical rates at nearby hotels. The room was very clean. The queen beds were comfortably firm with crisp beige sheets, a pleasant change from the stark white linens of most hotels. The peach-colored towels were plentiful and fluffy. Orange-scented soap in pump dispenser was at the sink. Although other reviewers have disliked the sink being in the main room and not in with the toilet and shower, we like this arrangement. Not always the case in hotels, the counter was large enough for toiletries and the coffee maker. My husband liked the dispensing containers of bath gel, shampoo, and conditioner mounted in the shower.
The included morning hot breakfast is served cafeteria style in the lower level dining room, which is roomy and nicely appointed. Although I would have enjoyed a sweet roll (a treat when traveling), the hot foods were well cooked. The scrambled eggs were real and not the watery, reconstituted slime that passes for eggs at other hotels. The sausage selection each day was cooked just right. Also available were breakfast potatoes, hard-boiled eggs, cinnamon apples, mixed fruit, bagels, mini muffins, yogurt, cereal, juices, fresh fruit (to go, if desired), and the usual beverages. Real silverware and china dishes made eating more home-y. The included evening reception, which we ate one night, was plentiful for a meal. There were two kinds of hearty soup, a pasta salad, salsa and chips, crackers, fresh fruit, and hot beverages. We did not use the two-each-guest free drink coupons, but that was a nice option. There is a pay bistro menu available with salads, hot and cold sandwiches, wraps, entrees, and desserts. A full bar is located just of the dining room/bistro space.
Our dog was traveling with us (one of the reasons for selecting the Oxford Suites) and there was plenty of room for his dog bed on the floor. A one-time $25 pet fee (to pay for the extra cleaning) was charged. The hotel is located next to the Spokane River which has a landscaped concrete pathway along it. Several trash containers are handy for depositing doggie waste bags.
The service was terrific. The food servers were very friendly and helpful. Needing to take breakfast food back to our room (my husband had had some eye surgery), one of the servers carried two trays to our room for me (I was using a cane following some recent surgery). The evening before I had needed to take the dog out for his last potty break before bed about 9pm. My husband usually does this, so I was a bit concerned about being out after dark, even though the parking area and area around the hotel are well lit. I let the front desk staff that I was going out (being in a city, there are could be unsavory characters about). He called another hotel employee to stand outside while I took the dog out. I felt much safer having someone else outside. The staff really seemed to care about our comfort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exceptional has never been so affordable! Overlooking the Spokane River, you’ll enjoy easy access to Downtown Spokane and River Front Park. Complimentary amenities include Full Hot Breakfast Buffet, Evening Reception, High Speed Wi-Fi, Parking, Indoor Pool, Spa, Sauna, Steam Room & Fitness Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Odigeo, Tingo, Priceline, Otel and Venere so you can book your Oxford Suites Downtown Spokane reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oxford Suites Downtown Spokane Hotel Spokane
- Oxford Hotel Downtown Spokane