“Disgusting Lack of Customer Service” 1 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
10% Off - Book Direct
Ranked #3 of 43 Hotels in Spokane
Everett
“Disgusting Lack of Customer Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I decided to stay at the Oxford Suites on a trip with my girlfriend and mother to visit the WSU Spokane Campus. The hotel advertises a 24 hour convenience store, so my girlfriend and I went down to the lobby at around 10:30 PM to buy a bottle of water. When we walked out of the elevator, we were met by an irate concierge, Devon. He informed my girlfriend and me (both of us are 22 years old) to return to our rooms immediately because the convenience store was closed. He told us that all children need to be in their rooms unless accompanied by an adult. I tried to explain to him that I was, contrary to his immediate assessment, a legal adult. He rolled his eyes and told me that I need to get back to my room. When I replied that I couldn't believe this was how I, a paying customer, was being treated, he told me "if you don't like it, then you can leave." Well thanks, Devon. We are leaving. And contacting your supervisor. To make matters worse, Devon continued to disrespect my family when he spoke to my mother in a short and condescending manner. He tried to justify his unacceptable behavior by stating that he has seen my girlfriend and me walking around, which is apparently a crime at the Oxford Penitentiary, er I mean Oxford Suites. He refused to apologize to any of us. This sort of behavior has no place in the hospitality industry, and I sincerely hope that my family and I are the last customers Devon has a chance to disrespect.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
WesternTrvlr, Manager at Oxford Suites Downtown Spokane, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Our General Manager, Tim Peterson, has attempted to contact your mother to offer our apologies in person. Please ask her to call Tim, at her earliest convenience, at 800.774.1877. We want each of our guests to feel welcomed and clearly, we did not do so in this situation. Thank you, again, for the feedback and for choosing Oxford Suites.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I've been here for a few days and it is an awesome place to stay. The room itself is perfect with a view of the river. Every Night they give you vouchers for free drinks at their bar that serves food as well as free appetizer I think. I'm glad I am calling this place home for two weeks!

• Stayed January 2013
Lawrence, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We arrived very late at night on the Amtrak train and were quickly checked in. Our room was large and clean. We pulled the solid curtain shut and went to sleep. In the morning we enjoyed the free breakfast and good coffee. During our stay, we used the self laundry room several times which was wonderful and we bought our detergent in the lobby shop. The location is fabulous and we walked downtown several times and to a basketball game at Gonzaga. The hotel is right on the river and the walking paths. It was truly a home away from home.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Missoula
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Another great stay! Great customer service, clean rooms, good food. Love the shuttle service. Only downside was the large group of hockey players.......added quite a bit of noise and chaos to the hallways and the pool which was overwhelming for our small children. They did quiet down at night and we were able to sleep well.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Palmer, Alaska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Clean rooms, pleasant staff, bouncy, booming floors with kids running the halls at all hours...So don't plan on sleeping in at this place. Seems to cater to the sports-crazed set and the hockey moms taking their kids on tour.

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor, but you could hear everything on the floor above and below us.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Walla Walla, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

What a great hotel in a great location!! From here I could walk to the convention center and downtown ... well, in nice weather. The room was large and very comfortable. And I had a very good night's sleep on the most comfortable bed. Everything was spotlessly clean. Really enjoyed the complimentary evening reception and the complimentary great breakfast buffet!! Also like their new Bistro where I can have an evening meal without going outside. And their 24/7 shop is very handy for that late night snack. On top of that, all the staff is so pleasant and helpful. Definitely a wonderful value in a beautiful facility.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Washougal, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Oxford Suites in downtown Spokane one night recently during a quick visit to the area. We chose this hotel for its location downtown on the river, and the positive reviews on TripAdvisor... and we were not disappointed!
It had snowed recently and was pretty chilly outside, and the fire in the lobby was very welcoming. The front desk staff checked us in quickly and were quite pleasant.
The room looked very new, modern and clean, and the wifi worked great. We went for a quick run along the river towards Gonzaga University... a gentleman at the front desk provided us with a map and outlined an easy 3-mile loop. It was still chilly but the sky was clear and we had a lovely run. After a nice, hot shower, we headed downstairs (one floor below the lobby) for our complimentary beer or wine before we walked to dinner.
We sat at the bar, and the bar tender was gracious and quick. Since my husband and I both travel by ourselves often, we appreciated how the bar tender made easy conversation with some solo travelers. She made everyone feel quite at home. I almost forgot to mention that the 2-drinks-per-person also included hor d'euvres... two kinds of soup, veggies, dip, cheese, crackers, chips and salsa. Although the soup was from a can, everything else was fresh, and one could easily make the hor d'euvres into dinner!
After dinner, we enjoyed our very comfortable bed immensely.
In the morning, we enjoyed the complimentary breakfast downstairs, in the large area next to the bar. Breakfast included juice, coffee, tea, hot cocoa (from an automatic dispenser), fresh fruit, cereal, toast, bagels (plain), scrambled eggs, sausage and hash browns. There was plenty of seating and the hot food servers kept up with demand.
Check out was easy. We will definitely try to stay here again the next time we're in the area.
A few more things... the hotel's location is easy to get into and out of by car, and parking is free. The pool and workout facilities looked nice, but we didn't get a chance to try them, so I didn't feel that I could review them.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Oxford Suites Downtown Spokane? Share your experiences!