“Great location, amenities, and rooms!” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   115 W North River Drive, Spokane, WA 99201   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 43 Hotels in Spokane
Washougal, Washington
“Great location, amenities, and rooms!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Oxford Suites in downtown Spokane one night recently during a quick visit to the area. We chose this hotel for its location downtown on the river, and the positive reviews on TripAdvisor... and we were not disappointed!
It had snowed recently and was pretty chilly outside, and the fire in the lobby was very welcoming. The front desk staff checked us in quickly and were quite pleasant.
The room looked very new, modern and clean, and the wifi worked great. We went for a quick run along the river towards Gonzaga University... a gentleman at the front desk provided us with a map and outlined an easy 3-mile loop. It was still chilly but the sky was clear and we had a lovely run. After a nice, hot shower, we headed downstairs (one floor below the lobby) for our complimentary beer or wine before we walked to dinner.
We sat at the bar, and the bar tender was gracious and quick. Since my husband and I both travel by ourselves often, we appreciated how the bar tender made easy conversation with some solo travelers. She made everyone feel quite at home. I almost forgot to mention that the 2-drinks-per-person also included hor d'euvres... two kinds of soup, veggies, dip, cheese, crackers, chips and salsa. Although the soup was from a can, everything else was fresh, and one could easily make the hor d'euvres into dinner!
After dinner, we enjoyed our very comfortable bed immensely.
In the morning, we enjoyed the complimentary breakfast downstairs, in the large area next to the bar. Breakfast included juice, coffee, tea, hot cocoa (from an automatic dispenser), fresh fruit, cereal, toast, bagels (plain), scrambled eggs, sausage and hash browns. There was plenty of seating and the hot food servers kept up with demand.
Check out was easy. We will definitely try to stay here again the next time we're in the area.
A few more things... the hotel's location is easy to get into and out of by car, and parking is free. The pool and workout facilities looked nice, but we didn't get a chance to try them, so I didn't feel that I could review them.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Excellent hotel had a fabulous girls getaway. Pretty good location, great hot breakfast in the morning. Loved the rooms with the sliding doors was amazing to share. Very accommodating and friendly staff. Can't wait to go back next year for our annual trip!!

Room Tip: If there are snorers in your travel party the room with the sliding doors that gives the privacy of...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I was traveling for work and was a guest at Oxford for three weeks. They treated me me like I was a part of their falmily. I would often visit with the staff and they would inquire about my day, sports and advise warbrobe choices according to the weather. I have never received such service at a hotel, I was truly thankful and appreciative. They offer complimentary drinks in the evenings and breakfast every morning. When I ordered room service it was timely and the service was superb. I didn't have a car so the hotel shuttle would take me to dinner and to other locations in Spokane so I didn't have to catch a cab. I highly recommend and when I go back I'll be a staying at Oxford Suites Downtown!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Kelseyville, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

my daughter and I stayed for five days and per the food service menu it stated that we could order room service between 5-9 pm. My daughter called at 8:05pm and stated we would like to order room service. Not even asking what we wanted she was told that they were to busy and hung up . After talking to management the next morning we were just told that they did not do room service when busy even though it was advertised. We were never talked to by management and three days later when we went home they still had not contacted us to apologize us for the rude attitude or false advertisment.

Room Tip: if you don't want a disabled room make sure you let them know. I love baths and did not know it...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
WesternTrvlr, Manager at Oxford Suites Downtown Spokane, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thanks for your feedback. We appreciate knowing when a problem arises. We offer our sincerest apology and will follow up with our staff, per your conversation with our General Manager, Tim Peterson. Thanks for taking Tim's call and allowing us the opportunity to rectify the situation. We look forward to your next visit!
Invermere, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Very friendly Staff, clean rooms. Everything you want in a Hotel and more. Complementary drinks and snacks at night great breakfast in the morning. Shuttle service to your shopping destinations...... Highly recommend.

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This was a business trip to the convention center and convention hotels were booked. As it turned out, the Oxford Suites had as good a location as the nearby more expensive hotels, was clean, nice rooms and served a decent complimentary breakfast and evening snacks. The walk to downtown is short and on pedesrian paths. I would definitely rate it a very high quality for the price.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Creston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

nice location on the river and close to downtown. Suites were very nice with privacy doors between sitting room and bedroom. Very friendly and fun staff. Clean rooms. Breakfast and evening appy's nice touch. Pool, hot tub, sauna and steam room, something for everyone.

Great place to stay for shopping or family fun.

Room Tip: Liked the suite with room divider doors between sitting and bedroom.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Oxford Suites Downtown Spokane? Share your experiences!