My husband and I stayed at the Oxford Suites in downtown Spokane one night recently during a quick visit to the area. We chose this hotel for its location downtown on the river, and the positive reviews on TripAdvisor... and we were not disappointed!
It had snowed recently and was pretty chilly outside, and the fire in the lobby was very welcoming. The front desk staff checked us in quickly and were quite pleasant.
The room looked very new, modern and clean, and the wifi worked great. We went for a quick run along the river towards Gonzaga University... a gentleman at the front desk provided us with a map and outlined an easy 3-mile loop. It was still chilly but the sky was clear and we had a lovely run. After a nice, hot shower, we headed downstairs (one floor below the lobby) for our complimentary beer or wine before we walked to dinner.
We sat at the bar, and the bar tender was gracious and quick. Since my husband and I both travel by ourselves often, we appreciated how the bar tender made easy conversation with some solo travelers. She made everyone feel quite at home. I almost forgot to mention that the 2-drinks-per-person also included hor d'euvres... two kinds of soup, veggies, dip, cheese, crackers, chips and salsa. Although the soup was from a can, everything else was fresh, and one could easily make the hor d'euvres into dinner!
After dinner, we enjoyed our very comfortable bed immensely.
In the morning, we enjoyed the complimentary breakfast downstairs, in the large area next to the bar. Breakfast included juice, coffee, tea, hot cocoa (from an automatic dispenser), fresh fruit, cereal, toast, bagels (plain), scrambled eggs, sausage and hash browns. There was plenty of seating and the hot food servers kept up with demand.
Check out was easy. We will definitely try to stay here again the next time we're in the area.
A few more things... the hotel's location is easy to get into and out of by car, and parking is free. The pool and workout facilities looked nice, but we didn't get a chance to try them, so I didn't feel that I could review them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exceptional has never been so affordable! Overlooking the Spokane River, you’ll enjoy easy access to Downtown Spokane and River Front Park. Complimentary amenities include Full Hot Breakfast Buffet, Evening Reception, High Speed Wi-Fi, Parking, Indoor Pool, Spa, Sauna, Steam Room & Fitness Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Oxford Suites Downtown Spokane reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oxford Suites Downtown Spokane Hotel Spokane
- Oxford Hotel Downtown Spokane