“Lots of vegan, vegetarian, & gluten free options!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Eclectic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Lots of vegan, vegetarian, & gluten free options!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I recently went vegan, about four months ago and thought I would have a hard time finding restaurants to eat at. My favorite by far is saranac. My sister and I eat there often and I always leave happy. She isn't a vegan and there's plenty of options for her to eat as well. My favorite is the tofu tacos with their homemade vegan chili and my sister always gets the mac and cheese. I'm a server myself so sometimes it's hard for me to enjoy eating out because I am always critiquing the service, but here I am always happy. We usually have the same server, and she is awesome! Thank you saranac for being in Spokane!

Spokane, WA
“Fast friendly lots of vegan options”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I've been here twice. We have eaten outside both times. The outdoor seating has shade, so even though it was a very sunny day, it was a pleasant temperature.
Lots of vegan options. The first time I had chips and salsa and polenta with grilled veggies on top. The salsa is pretty hot. I would order it again. The polenta was good. It was actually an appetizer and a little small for a meal.
The second time I went I ordered the vegan mac n cheese and it was creamy and tasted good. There are several things on the menu that I want to go back and try.
The first time we went I ordered chips and salsa and polenta and was expecting the chips and salsa right away. My friend had ordered a side salad with vegan mac n cheese and was expecting her salad served first, as well, like an appetizer. But it all came out at once. So the next time I went I made it clear I wanted the salad served first, like an appetizer, and it was no problem. The service was friendly and fast. We were in and out pretty quickly both times.
I asked to see the dessert menu the second time and they only had one dessert and it was not vegan, so no go. Too bad they don't stock a few vegan desserts from the vegan bakery across the street.
It's located in the same building with a movie theater, and we went to the movies right after dinner, and then to the bakery across the street for dessert after the movies.
They have a happy hour menu with some nice choices and good prices.
I really enjoyed my visit both times. The food is good. The location is good. A nice experience over all.
By the way, they have lots of choices for non-vegans as well.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
oregon
“Solid quality food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Went to dinner with a wedding party of 25 with reservations for the lower patio. we were greeted at the door and led to our seating immediately. Service for water and drinks came to every table almost at once, our server was friendly, enthusiastic and attentive. They have a full bar and about a half dozen quality craft beers on tap. The Menu while not huge had dishes for almost every diner, from Mac and Cheese to a curried Salmon I Ordered the Salmon which came tastefully arranged on a bed of rice with a nice no nonsense spicy curry, It would have been too hot for most people that can't handle hot pepper, but I loved it. My wife got the Mac and Cheeses which was comfort food defined, I sampled the ribs, and the Thai salad and the pork chile verde, all were of very high quality and tastefully presented. Oh, and the pretzels are great too. Only thing that keeps this place a notch down is the serving of ice water in plastic cups and the chairs could have been a touch more comfortable. Ambiance is historic hotel and interesting. Overall a very nice place. highly recommended.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Not bad but not excellent”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

We had a hard time finding an open restaurant today. It's the 4th of July, not Christmas! Anyhow, we settled on Saranac's as our fourth choice since the other choices we picked out (based on TA's list) were not open tonight. It was our server's first night working. With the exception of taking long to give us our check, she did well enough. The staff are all upbeat and help one another. The place was clean enough. Our appetizer was the hummus and pita plate. We recently moved from a place where there are many Greek restaurants, so maybe I am spoiled. It had a bland flavor. I had the Mac n cheese, it wasn't the best I've had but good enough. One in our party had the quesadillas. She said the pesto was overwhelming the entire dish, so that was disappointing. The rest of our meals were decent.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Spokane, Washington
“I am addicted to the Pretzels and cheese sauce!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I have eaten at this restaurant like 3 times in the last month! They have the best homemade pretzels and cheese sauce. I am a meat-eater, but I like that this restaurant is so vegetarian/vegan friendly. I can get ribs while my vegan friends can get vegan mac and cheese. The staff is friendly and attentive. One of my current fave restaurants in town!

• Visited June 2013