“Uh, no.” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese
Poulsbo, WA
“Uh, no.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We decided to try the new location since we were driving through on a trip and wanted to sit down but not spend a lot of time. Unfortunately, we were disappointed in the quality of the food, overall cleanliness, and the attitudes of the staff.

This place has so much potential, but it is clear that it is either not ready for this location, or they don't plan on staying long. The buffet entrees were just okay (although lots of them), and the sushi was just so-so (and I wasn't exactly comfortable with how i saw the sushi being prepared in terms of cleanliness). Another thing was the variation in temperatures among the foods in the buffet. While the egg fu yung was about room temp, a few trays down, a chicken dish was so hot that the metal spoon actually burned my hand and left a red mark!

The tables and utensils were not very clean, and I noticed a lipstick mark on my glass from a lack of thorough washing (not that it hasn't occurred at other restaurants, just a real peeve of mine).

The wait staff also seemed disinterested from the time we arrived at the door and waited for the hostess to stop reading a magazine to the time we left after waiting for the check for 10 minutes. I also wasn't happy waiting another 10 for napkins and had to finally get them from another table.

With a great location, plenty of room, and a fairly nice interior, this place has a lot of promise but seems to be lacking in overall management and the according customer service a successful restaurant requires.

I hope they can turn things around. I'll keep checking here to see if it improves.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Denver, Colorado
“High hopes but let down.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

My family and I had dinner at this buffet on January 19, 2013. We're in Spokane for the weekend and this buffet is just down the road from the hotel. Having dinner were me and my husband and our two kids age 7 and 4. We had very high expectations for this buffet after seeing how many options they had. Unfortunately, it let me down in many ways.

We were seated right away and asked for our drink order. I asked for two of the drinks to have a kids lid but that wasn't understood and all four glasses came without lids. We asked someone else and they got lids for the kids. The kids eat basics like chicken on a stick and pizza, if they have it. They like noodles and rice. They seemed to like what they had. They had meatballs on a stick and honey bar b q hot wings. My husband said his stuff was OK. He didn't rave about anything but the green tea ice cream.

I thought with all the selections, I'd have no problem finding something I'd like but it was difficult. First, every chicken dish I tried that had a sauce was too spicy for me. So I tried the peanut chicken and honey wings. Peanut chicken was chewy and wings were a bit dry. Then I tried the rolls. So many rolls to choose from! But very few were labeled. I picked things I thought I could identify and I ended up eating things that were not enjoyable at all. And the rice on the rolls was cold so those rolls weren't made fresh. They were made earlier and then served. Fresh sushi rice is closer to room temperature because it's being worked with at that moment. In fairness, I did like the potstickers. That was the one thing. Oh, and the green tea ice cream in a cone. That was really good.

I would not return to this buffet and I would not recommend it to anyone. The cost for the four of us was $33 before tip.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Liberty Lake, Washington
“Good food and lots of it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

This restaurant recently moved from the mall to the old wingers site. I've been there about a dozen times since the move. They have a nice selection of sushi. The soup bar features lots of fresh items and they cook it there for you. The hot selections don't vary too much, but there are so many options, you won't mind. One of my favorites here is the ice cream. They offer 8 different favors of ice cream parlor quality ice cream. Huckleberry and green tea are my favorites. I will say that this isn't the cleanest restaurant. They are always busy and that says a lot. We usually go for lunch which is $6.99 and they never charge us for tea.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington State
“open on Christmas Day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

only place open near Spokane Valley Mall on Dec 25. Thank goodness. Food was fresh, nice variety especially if you like seafood. Not a great "flow" for a buffet but the fresh soup - made to order - was great. Friendly staff. Priced right at $11.99 pp

Visited December 2012
Spokane, Washington, United States
“bring your appetite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We've eaten here from the beginning when they were at the mall. The price is extremely reasonable and the food hot and fresh. I always start with the sushi. It is light on raw fish but still a nice appetizer. The stuffed mushrooms always pack a punch of flavor. Lots of choices along the lines of what you would expect at a chinese buffet. I always look for the stuffed crab and my husband likes the egg foo young. The decor isn't too exciting so I left a star off for that.

Visited November 2012