“The best sushi on the northside” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #66 of 693 Restaurants in Spokane
Cuisines: Sushi, Vegetarian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Wasabi opened in January, 2011. It has both a sushi bar and a menu.
Spokane
“The best sushi on the northside”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Nicely done rolls every time we go there. Good service too and a nice glass of water, I know that sounds funny but it is the best glass if water I have been served in a restaurant in my memory. When they are taking care of the little things like a glass if water you know the rest is also being done correctly.

Visited June 2014

WA
“Artful, fresh and tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

I went with a group and was therefore able to see a variety of dishes. I was mpressed with the freshness of the sushi, the light, well-thought-out flavors, and care in presentation. Wasabi compared favorably with the restaurants I've eaten at on my trips to Asia. I also appreciated the relative speed with which we were served. I would definitely go there again.

The only jarring note: the music. It was loud American pop that detracted from the Asian feel of the restaurant and made it not as a relaxing an experience as it could have been. Please, change the music.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Clancy, Montana
“very fresh sushi - yum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

We got carry out from Wasabi, so I cannot comment on the entire dining experience. Location was somewhat odd - in a strip mall quite far north of the downtown Spokane area. What I can say is that the food was very fresh and delicious. We got 2 rolls, chicken teriyaki, and edamami to go. The rolls were very high quality. Eel roll was seriously melt-in-your-mouth tender. Edamami seemed somewhat undersalted. Chicken teriyaki was also on the mild side, but very fresh and tender. Portions were generous. We are working our way through left overs :-)

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Spokane, WA
“Finally something different for the north side of Spokane”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I had a hard time convincing my friends to go here, since none of us eat sushi. They have a whole other menu, though, for those who don't eat sushi
I ordered a variety, wanting to try a lot of different things on the menu
They were not expensive at all.
I ordered an appetizer, an entree, and a vegetable roll and iced tea and it came to $22.

One friend ordered General Tso's chicken and she enjoyed it, though it was kind of hot (spicy) for her. She also ordered the fried wontons and liked them

My other friend ordered one of the two veggie entrees, a rice and veggie dish in garlic sauce with fried tofu and asked them to substitute the curry sauce from the special of the day for the garlic sauce. The waiter was unsure of this, but the chef had no problem with it, and it was a big hit. My friend thinks it's the best curry sauce she has ever had.
Nice and hot and a little sweet.
Her tofu was nice and firm with a chewy texture, since it was browned
She also ordered the veggie spring rolls, which I shared with her, and they were very good, served with sweet red pepper sauce
The wine she ordered was $7 a glass and she said it was very good

I ordered the edamame, my first time eating it, and enjoyed it. For my entree, I had the other veggie entree offered, veggies and noodles with a yummy sauce, (hot!) I had enough of the entree to save some for lunch the next day
Also, I ordered a vegetarian roll. The waiter forgot about it, and I did want to try it, so just asked for it to be bagged up to take home. It was very good the next day.(rice, avocado, cucumbers, carrots) For $4 it was enough for a light lunch. So between that and half my entree, I ate well the next day!

Then we all split a dessert, a flaky puff pastry with pears and some whipped cream and butterscotch sauce. YUM

Very happy we tried it. We will definitely go back
It's nice to finally have something like this on the North side of Spokane, which is primarily dominated by chain restaurants.

The waiter was very friendly, accommodating to our special requests, and attentive, coming back to check on us from time to time.He didn't mind taking a moment to take our picture for us. I was happy with the service

We try to order mostly vegetarian or vegan options. For those of you wanting to order this way, there were 2 vegan appetizers, 2 vegetarian (could be made vegan) entrees, and one vegetarian roll.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mead, Washington, United States
“Wasabi with friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Excellent asian cuisine in a small atmosphere. Service is great and the restaurant is not too loud which means you can visit with friends without shouting!

Visited January 2014