“wonderful staff” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 43 Hotels in Spokane
Seattle, Washington
“wonderful staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

One of the nicest stays I've had at an average hotel. The check in staff (especially the women with the red glasses) really went above and beyond to help us find our way around town - even helped us figure out how to use groupon to get a great discount on a nice local restaurant. It made our stay in Spokane so much more fun than it would have been without their help. The hotel itself is a little on the older side, but still nice. I will stay there again, and recommend it to others. Great price, good breakfast, wonderful staff.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Decent hotel, dated furnishings but the place was clean. Minuses: Walls thin, doors thin to hallway noise, adjoining room plumbing noisy. Pluses: right on walkway by the river, located very near by Gonzaga campus.

Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Stayed here last weekend, and I don't think I have ever stayed at a louder hotel in my life! Granted, it was the weekend of St. Patrick's Day (apparently, a very big deal in Spokane), but I could not believe the number of screaming, running, clunking, vomiting guests until well after 2:00 am. I called the front desk at least twice to let them know, and my friend definitely poked her head into the hall the yell at some teenagers who were playing tag in the hallway. When we left Sunday morning, someone had placed bags of vomit outside of their room, so the hallway smelled awful.

All this to say--I understand that this is not entirely the hotel's fault. Yes, they could definitely do a better job of enforcing quiet hours, but what can you do when your hotel is overrun with drunken revelers? Not a whole lot. The rooms were comfortable, the location was great, and I would consider staying again, granted it's not a holiday weekend of any sort.

While I was there, they did not charge for parking (a common complaint in earlier reviews), so they must have changed their policy. The lot does get very full, though, so be prepared to have to hunt for a spot close to the entrance.

Room Tip: This hotel is a bit of a maze with no elevators, so if you're looking for a quiet room, maybe as...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Wow - what can I say, I've stayed at Hotels all over the world but have never met a more friendly bunch than here at the Red Lion River Inn. From the Free Parking & WiFi, to the awesome prices in the Bar / Lounge, I couldn't have felt more welcomed. The Breakfast buffet was awesome and well stocked and a bargain for a family traveling with children, make sure to pay during check in and you get a 50% discount.

The staff went out of their way to assist us with a lost Teddy Bear that our daughter unfortunately lost during our stay, which we thought she had lost during Breakfast. They showed real empathy with our plight and I cannot thank them all enough for helping.

This was my first experience with the Red Lion brand, having not traveled to the North East previously. I will definitely be back - most likely to this same hotel in the future. Well done Red Lion River Inn.

The only minor complaint, which could happen in ANY hotel and may have only been solved by staying at an overpriced alternative - would be the noise from groups of drunken younger guests arriving at 2am and slamming doors / thumping along the hallways on the 2nd floor. Not sure if this would be better on the 1st Floor, or if you would still hear this noise from the floor above. But I put this down to both the affordable price and the fact that we stayed on St Patricks Day Eve.

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I have stayed several times in Spokane but this was my first experience at the Red Lion Inn. I was very pleasantly surprised! A truly warm welcome at check-in, a very comfortable clean/fresh room, very quiet & free internet access. Nicely located overlooking the River with nearby walking trails. Everything one would want from the Buffet Breakfast and friendly service.Very convenient access to the downtown area & all the shopping on N.Division.
Will certainly plan to stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Chehalis, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

The Red Lion River Inn is in a great location. Right next to the river, walking trails, Gonzaga U. and much more. The rooms are clean and comfortable. I stayed in a corner room on the north side and it had great views of the river. The restaurant is good as well. Staff was courteous. And the parking is free. I would definitely stay here again. Only paid $50 on Priceline.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Othello, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Because we were in Spokane for the State B Basketball Tournament in March 2013, we were hurried and threw our things into the room without spending more time looking things over.
Imagine my surprise and disappointment when I did get a good look. The room was absolutely filthy from ceiling to floor and wall to wall. Cobb webs around the ceiling, furniture, carpet, and bathroom floors that needed a severe cleaning, a bed that sagged so badly it felt like a hammock, drapes that could not be opened, and certainly not the least of these, the floor in the room was so unstable and squeeky that not only did we trip several times walking across it, the furniture rattled with every step we took. My husband and I have stayed here many times over the past 18 years and in the past it appeared that the management took pride and valued its customers and saw to their care. The problems we experienced with this one room are not only specific to this one room, but are symptomatic of the entire facility. It does sadden me greatly that the quality and value of our stay becomes less with each visit. I am fairly confident this will be our last visit to this establishment.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
RachelAndrade, Manager at Red Lion River Inn, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
We are very displeased to see that there were some areas of concern regarding cleanliness in your guest room and we will certainly address your concerns with our housekeeping staff. I can assure you that we value each and every one of our guests and I truly apologize that we failed to provide you the best possible service.

Anytime you have an issue during your stay we encourage you to contact our front desk. This will allow us to attempt to better accommodate you and make your stay more comfortable. Thank you for your feedback and we hope will give us another chance in the future.

Been to Red Lion River Inn? Share your experiences!