“Location good -- the rest is not! Priced well.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Summer Free Night Offer
Ranked #13 of 43 hotels in Spokane
Calgary, Canada
“Location good -- the rest is not! Priced well.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

The location along the river is very nice in the summer, but the accommodations are quite poor. We stayed two nights and had to switch rooms for the second night. We were told that the second room would be nicer but both were tired and old. The carpet was stained and the room smelled stale. The worst part, however, was how noisy the hotel was both nights. The walls are paper thin, and it sounded like an elephant was in the room above us. In the morning, there was not enough hot water for two showers. Wow.

To the hotel's credit, the staff is friendly and there is live music most nights in the restaurant. The breakfast was good, and the room price was affordable. Unfortunately that doesn't help a person get a good night's sleep.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
RachelAndrade, Manager at Red Lion River Inn, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you so much for your feed back regarding your most recent stay. We have some great updates coming in the next few months to our hotel that we are really excited about. I truley apologize and hope that you will give our propoerty another chance in the near future.
We were so glad to hear that you enjoyed the location, staff, great music and food we offer!
Thank you again for your feed back and we hope to see you again.

331 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

This was the perfect end to a long day of driving. The room was clean. The distance from the parking lot was less than some places I have stayed due to the layout of buildings. They accepted our pet easily and we had no issues with the staff. The closeness of restaurants was another big plus. This was a good place for us.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Missoula, Montana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Spent one night at the Red Lion River Inn. There are two things that are critical in a hotel room....clean room and a comfortable bed. Unfortunately, the Red Lion only got one right....it was spotless. The bed, however, was awful. It was a pillow-top mattress that sagged in the middle... so my husband and I spent the entire night trying to unsuccessfully roll out of the middle. Just awful. The room itself was very nice....tasteful furnishings, spacious and quiet. Our room was 281 building V....hopefully it was just this bed, but I'd check to see when they last got new beds in the rooms before I'd consider staying here.

Room Tip: Check your bed first and make sure the Grand Canyon isn't down the middle. Corner rooms are bes...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
RL_Customer_Care, Corporate Customer Care Department at Red Lion River Inn, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
We value each and every one of our guests and I truly apologize that we failed to provide you the best possible service. We are displeased to see that there were some areas of concern regarding cleanliness in your guest room and will certainly address your concerns with our housekeeping staff. I do for your bed being so uncomfortable and we will have our staff look into that as well.
You are a valued guest and we hope to have the opportunity to provide you better service in the near future!
Washington State
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I was booked into this hotel by an organization that was paying for my stay. Let me say that as a result, I won’t be attending any further meetings with this organization unless I can choose my own hotel. Check-in was disorganized; some folks were given bottled water, some weren’t (my colleague and I were not). My request for a quiet room was apparently disregarded, as I ended up on the 2nd floor (better than the 1st, I’ll grant you) facing the parking lot. I ran the air conditioner all night (yes, in October) just to cover the noise.
This hotel is well-used, with the big lump you find in middle of mattresses that have seen hundreds or thousands of uses. There was toothpaste on the wall in the bathroom, the mirrored door on the hallway was cracked, and – as mentioned before – the single-paned windows allow for all the parking lot and Division Street noise to come on through. The final straw was when I made my coffee the next morning and picked up one of the cups in the room only to find a hair (not mine!) inside the cup. Skip this place.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
RachelAndrade, Manager at Red Lion River Inn, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent experience with us. I feel poorly that your stay did not meet your expectations. I do apologize that our front desk team did not place you in a room that was more quiet. In the future, a good tip is to request a River View room, facing away from the street. The bottle water we give out is intended as a gift to our Guests that are a part of our loyatly program, I apologize if the Front desk did not invite you to sign up. On behalf of the hotel, please accept my apology for the poor service you experienced. This is not typical of the service offered our property, and I am confident that if given a chance for a return visit, you would have a different experience. Again, thank you for taking the time to make us aware, and I do hope to see you as a guest in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

For the most convenient location when visiting Gonzgaga University this is the place to be. We didn't rent a car and walked back and forth to campus (10 minutes along the pretty river path).The River Inn is not the cleanest and could use some freshening up but we are willing to over look these things for a weekend for the Family Fall visit.
For a step up in accommodations the Davenport is wonderful. We have stayed there twice but there you are giving up the ease of being on campus in minutes.

Room Tip: building 6 is closest to campus
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
North Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I stay at Red Lions almost exclusively when I can. I had to fly out really early the next morning, so I stayed here and took the shuttle. My wife and I had concert tickets at the Knitting Factory as well. That night, I tried their shuttle for the first time. It worked flawlessly. I was really worried we would be waiting, and perhaps be late if there were a lot of flights going (their priority of course), then we would have waited, but as it ended up, we got there within minutes.

The next morning was just as easy for the Red Eye Flight I had. I was only disappointed that I had to leave earlier than they opened the restaurant for breakfast. It was included in my room, but I missed out. Dont forget to tip your shuttle driver. They get you there safely, and it would cost you a bunch more for a taxi.

Staff at Front Desk were really nice and helpful. I find that if you ask nicely, they are just as nice back. Maybe a recommendation for others based on some reviews I have read.

Room was fine, bed was comfy, and that is the reason I stay at Red Lions....the beds are consistently good for a restful nights sleep.

I wish we would have had time to eat at the restaurant as well. It looked like a nice view and atmosphere next to the river. Lots of walkers/runners/bikers on the trail right next to the hotel, so if you are one that enjoys that, it would be nice to take advantage of this great trail.

Have a nice stay when you book here!

Room Tip: You might want to get a room close to the main desk. Ours was in the back, and we walked through ha...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Belt, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

This is one of my favorite Spokane hotels, right downtown and right on the Spokane river. Easy access from I-90 using the Division Street exit will take you right to the hotel. Nicely remodeled recently it's an excellent place to stay and enjoy Spokane. Rates are reasonable and the lounge and restaurant are good.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra and book a riverside room for the views. Also, this is a very long hotel made up...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Red Lion River Inn? Share your experiences!