“pure comfort” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Lion Hotel at the Park

You added Red Lion Hotel at the Park to your Saves list
Red Lion Hotel at the Park
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   303 W. North River Drive, Spokane, WA 99201 (Formerly WestCoast)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Shopping Package
Ranked #18 of 43 Hotels in Spokane
GreenLeadersSilver level
Ellensburg, Washington
“pure comfort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

My stay at The Red Lion was highly satisfactory, the hotel staff were very attentive, I found the hotel accommodations to exceed my expectations. after spending a busy day shopping with friends it was very nice to return to a peaceful room. I felt at home being able to read before retiring and enjoying a nice cup of tea. I will most definitely stay at the Red Lion Hotel at the Park on future visits to this area.If there was anything I found lacking of this hotel was that it didn't offer massage/spe treatment packages.

Room Tip: I was in a premium room on the eighth floor, the room was very comfortable and quiet. The view was n...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Brent A, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Hotel at the Park, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you for the great comments! Your title 'Pure Comfort' defines our hotel. We have many of great massage parlors we can recommend when you visit us next.

Brent A.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
Palo Alto, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

My wife and I spent four days in Spokane to attend a friend's wedding at Gonzaga University. It was also a return to Spokane where our family lived 25 years ago. Given its close proximity to GU, the Inn at the Park (as we knew it) was a natural choice. Everything we knew about the hotel was as we remembered it. Neighboring a Riverfront Park and adjacent to the Spokane River, the hotel provided lots of opportunity to walk sound this scenic area. From the moment we entered the hotel the service was excellent and the atmosphere was comfortable. Our room came with a balcony and had a view of the river and the Upper Falls. I'd suggest asking for the executive tower. Your room can have the river view or a pool view. A very family oriented venue, it is also pet friendly. The meals in the hotel restaurant are great and a very nice weekend brunch is available. The rooms are reasoonably sized and clean, the bed was awesome. The grounds are pastoral and the outdoor pool is especially fun with its water slide for kids. We will stay here again on our next trip to a Spokane.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a river view balcony.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for the great review! We hope to welcome you and your family back soon!

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Motel room was clean and very nice and comfortable. Staff was friendly, helpful and professional. Like that the motel is close to the motel.Was the 1st place we have stayed where we had to pay for parking. Otherwise price was reasonable & I would definitely recommend to my friends.

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Thank you for your choosing to stay with us! We can't wait to exceed your expectations during your next stay.

Montesano, Washington, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I have stayed at the Red Lion for years now, and I see the attitude changing and the property as a whole is getting kind of the " I don't really care attitude" which is really disappointing because I really used to enjoy coming here. It's too bad that we are becoming just a number here, and no one seems to think they even have to be nice or even smile anymore. Too bad, I will probably look elsewhere at this point.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. I want to apologize for the lack of friendliness and overall service that you experienced during your stay. That is in no way what we stand behind nor is it something we promote here at our hotel. We hope to welcome you back to ensure that these issues aren't the norm and you get the service you deserve and expect.

Spokane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I got the opportunity to stay at the Red Lion Hotel because of a foul up in another booking agency that totally messed up my reservation at another hotel. I was very impressed with the pools, resturaunt/bar, and the breakfast was delicious.

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Brent A, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Hotel at the Park, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Thank you for the great comments! Although it was an unfortunate booking issue that brought you to our beautiful hotel, we were pleased to welcome you and hope you choose Red Lion for all your future stays as well. Thank you and we hope to welcome you back real soon.

Sandpoint, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I have stayed here many times and typically have a great experience. The staff are helpful, the rooms are clean, and the amenities are good. This time I had booked through Hotels.com for two queen beds (family of four) and when we arrived they gave us a room with one double bed. We came back down assuming it was a mistake and they informed us they did not have any other rooms available for what we were looking for (had booked). The front desk gal tried to be kind and patient but essentially said it was my fault for booking through a third party site. The manager came out and tried to help (after I asked to speak to her) and the best she could do was an upgrade to another room (still with only one bed) but we would have to pay an additional sum per night stay. They didn't have a roll away bed for that first night, but stated we could call down for the second night on a first come first serve basis for the second night and that we would not have to pay for that (a usual $15 charge). We were able to get the roll away bed but at check out they had charged us and it took forever for them to get it taken off. All other aspects of this trip went well and as previously stated the service was good. I am less enamored of the hotel than I previously was.

Room Tip: Apparently don't book through a third party.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review! I want to apologize for receiving the wrong room type upon arrival than what you booked. I want to also apologize that you felt since you booked outside of our website that you had no options and that couldn't be further from what we stand behind. We value each and every guest and I will take the proper steps to coach my team on ensuring this occurs. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

This hotel is in a great location right on the river at Riverfront Park in Spokane. It is an easy walk downtown, but if you do not want to walk, they have 24 hour shuttle service. The room was clean and the beds were adequate. The only real complaint I would have is our room was right over the pool area and it opens at 8am. If you want to sleep in a little, forget it. You can hear screaming kids at the pool at 8am.

Room Tip: Ask to not be over the pool unless you like to hear screaming kids all day.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. I apologize that your room was located above the pool area. May I suggest one of our other beautiful rooms in another tower. I think you will find those rooms to be quiet and comfortable as well. We hope to honor your requests and welcome you back in the near future.

Brent A.

Been to Red Lion Hotel at the Park? Share your experiences!