“Nice and Quiet” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Lion Hotel at the Park

You added Red Lion Hotel at the Park to your Saves list
Red Lion Hotel at the Park
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   303 W. North River Drive, Spokane, WA 99201 (Formerly WestCoast)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Shopping Package
Ranked #18 of 43 Hotels in Spokane
GreenLeadersSilver level
Seattle, Washington
“Nice and Quiet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Business often takes me to Spokane - which I cannot deny is not my favorite place in the world. If anyone is planning on going to Spokane for business or...pleasure, then I'd reccomend the Red Lion. It's just across the beautiful white-water rapids of the Spokane River from downtown - which is by far the most enjoyable location in the city. The hotel is fairly cheap - usually around $100 a night, and its only a few blocks away from the shop-filled streets and parks that define the downtown area. The rooms are typical of any chain discount-ish hotel, but bigger than other, more expensive hotels nearby such as the Spokane Club.

Parking is sort of expensive - my 3 day trip cost me almost $30 to park in the hotel lot near my room - but the room price off-sets that.

Good for business, or anyone who wants to enjoy downtown Spokane but not pay over $200 a night or stay in a crummy motel.

Room Tip: Since the bottom floor sometimes holds conferences or local events, a room on the second floor might...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

I tour manage a band on Warner Bros Records and we we're referred to another hotel for a 2 not stay.

We we're really disappointed in the hotel and immediately checked out after the first night. We luckily found the red lion at the park.

The parking was perfect and the staff was very helpful and te rooms we're great!

We ended up eating breakfast and the waitress was really funny and helpful and made us feel at home! Food was excellent!

We will always stay at this hotel when we come to Spokane!!!

Highly re comment if your traveling with a family. They got everything there!!!!!!!

Jeffery Sierota

• Stayed March 2013
Missoula, Montana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I stayed one night while attending an event at the Arena. Overall it was a good experience except for a few things. At check in, with two adult guests in the room, they only provided one bath towel but after calling guest services they brought two up to my room. Next, the periferal doors to the Hotel were not locked and anyone could have entered the building without a key. Poor security. Last thing, the jacuzzi was not available for use. Overall, the staff were friendly and the place was mostly clean. Parking was a bit expensive in my opinion but that was a minor thing.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Packwood, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

BEWARE!! This hotel charges you $9 a day to park in their parking lot and $10 for bad buffet breakfast that is free at most hotels. I can't think of the last time I stayed in a hotel that did not have a complimentary breakfast. The service in the bar and at the restaurant was SLOW. We were there on a weekend when the hotel was sold out but it was sold out for weeks in advance. It should not be that hard to plan for this and staff correctly. I also put $5 in the vending machine to buy a $2 bottle of water and got 3 quarters back instead of 3 silver dollars. When I took my issue to the front desk they apologized and said they couldn't help me. So how many other customers have paid $5 for a bottle of water? There were some positives. The beds are the most comfortable beds I have every slept in. I am now in the market for one just like it! They also had a handicapped lift at the hot tub and pool area. I love that they are accommodating everyone.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Brent A, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Hotel at the Park, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank You so much for taking the time to share your comments with us. I have communicated with the respected departments regarding our vending machines. We take pride in each and every guest that stays with us and we look forward on welcoming you back soon.

Regards,

Brent Ashton
Morton, Washington, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

The room were put us in smelled like some one had just been smoking in it, even leaving the window open didn't help. Called the front desk and was informed they had no other room to move us to, but could move us down the street to Red Lion at the river. At check in was informed there was a 9 dollar per day fee for parking, wasn't mentioned when I reserved the room. WI-FI has not worked during our stay. When I called the front desk they wanted to put me in touch with their IT department. Not my job to sort out their problems. No apologies or anything, just an oh well, to bad. During the day the elevators are tied up mornings by staff ( no service elevators? ). This will be first and last stay at a Red Lion and I will go out of my way to tell everyone I can what a crappy hotels they.

Room Tip: The best tip I could give anyone is to stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
I want to apologize for your the issues you had during your last stay with us. I have passed on the smoking smell issue on to my Director of Housekeeping so that doesn't occur again. We hope that you choose to stay with us in the near future.

Regards,

Brent A.
East Wenatchee, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We recently held a conference at this hotel and loved every minute of our stay. Great rooms, nice ammenities, good food (breakfast, lunch and snacks were provided each day). The hotel staff was amazing! We had help from the moment we arrived until we packed up. If you have ever held a conference and had to try and track down hotel/conference staff to help with something you know how important it is to have them handy. They were wonderfully attentive to all our needs.

The set up is excellent and provided us with everything we needed. Seperate check in far removed from the hotel check in, seperate rooms for breakout sessions, rooms for meals, rooms for main sessions and enough guest rooms for 375 colleagues.

The location of this hotel is awesome! Very close walking distance to downtown shopping and right next to Riverfront Park entertainment. The hotel offers shuttle services for trips to different attractions around town which made it nice for those who were unable to walk.

This hotel has an indoor and outdoor pool with great hours, they also have a very nice gym and they are situated along a great path that follows the river for a great opportunity for early morning runs or an evening stroll.

Every hotel staff person that we met was very pleasant, very helpful and knowledgeable and eager to serve. Would definitely want to hold another conference here!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

There was tooth paste spit all over the faucet cobwebs all over the corners white spots on the throw blanket 10$ breakfast that is free every where else stains on the furniture we called the front desk to tell therm we did not have wireless Internet the told use to call the Internet provider we also had to pay for parking and the pool was cold we wasted 200$ next time we will be staying at a holiday in express it is much better quality for a lot less

• Stayed February 2013
Brent A, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Hotel at the Park, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
I wanted to take the time to apologize for the service and cleamliness issues you had during your stay with us. I have forwarded the cleanliness issues to my Director of Housekeeping to address. We hope that you choose to stay with us again as we do offer room packages that include both breakfast and parking in the rate.

Warm Regards,

Brent A.

Been to Red Lion Hotel at the Park? Share your experiences!