“Stay somewhere else” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Red Lion Hotel at the Park

You added Red Lion Hotel at the Park to your Saves list
Red Lion Hotel at the Park
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   303 W. North River Drive, Spokane, WA 99201 (Formerly WestCoast)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Shopping Package
Ranked #18 of 43 Hotels in Spokane
GreenLeadersSilver level
Denver, Colorado
“Stay somewhere else”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

My experience with the Red Lion started even before I actually made it to the hotel. The shuttle left me waiting at the airport for almost a full hour even after I called several times and was told the shuttle stops every 30 minutes. They didnt seem to have a handle on what was going on and I think they werent being truthful about actually going to the airport every 30 minutes. The room was clean but old. I felt like the room was due for a much needed renovation. I wasn't in the room for 15 minutes before one of the housekeepers just barged right into the room without even knocking. I thought, well that seems par for this place so far. The kleenex had a strange odor to it and when I inspected further, I found the bottom damp and moldy. I would have stayed somewhere different had I not been auto booked for a convention with my company. Stay at the Double Tree or the Courtyard. Ordered room service one time and although the staff was very friendly, the food was not good. They tried to charge me 2.75 for a cup of drip coffee in the lobby. Our finance manager swore up and down he saw bed bugs....

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dominic L, Assistant General Manager at Red Lion Hotel at the Park, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you very much for providing us with those comments about your experience. In regards to your transportation, I apologize for the delay and what may have been a miscommunication on our part. I have also explained to our housekeeping team the concerns you raised about the Kleenex, your manager’s experience, and the courteousness of our staff. I value your thoughts on our dining services as well, and will communicate them to the appropriate department head. We take all of this feedback very seriously, and will work hard to improve in those areas. I hope you’ll visit again soon and give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations, and display the high standards to which we hold ourselves.

Please feel free to contact us directly, so that we can more effectively apply your comments and connect about your experience.

Kindest Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
French Settlement
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We had a wonderful experience with this hotel. The staff was extremely friendly too. We had a package deal which included hotel, breakfast buffet each morning of our stay and parking for the length of our stay. The breakfast was very good too. Eggs, potatoes, sausage, bacon, bagels etc A very big selection on the buffet. Housekeeping was excellent. Also, when I booked our room I had asked for a pretty view, either city park or pool side, the lady on the phone said they would do their best to accomodate me that they usually are a pretty accomodating hotel. At check in I asked about our room, we received a view of city park/downtown. Couldnt have been better. It was just what I had wanted The pool had a waterslide for the kids to play. The only problem was they had shut it down b/c some other kids earlier that day thought it would be fun to jump from waterfall into the pool. So the good had to suffer for the bad. Other than that it was a fabulous stay. Will definitely be staying here in the near future.

Room Tip: We were in the tower on the 9th floor - really liked our view of the city park/downtown area
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Leduc, Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We stayed in the Hotel for 5 days during the last week of September. We began our experience at the reservation desk. The staff was extremely courteous and helpful in spite of the fact that their computers were down and they had to handle the reservations manually. We were assigned our room promptly. The room was spacious and exceptionally clean. During the 5 days we were in the room the staff maintained a high level of cleanliness. Prior to my writing this review I read a number of previously-written reviews. One of the reviewers said that their room had not been cleaned for two days.Our experience makes it hard to believe that the service was so bad. The breakfast buffet was much better than we have had in other hotels. The staff that attended us were very attentive to our needs. Besides, the rooms where the buffet was served are spacious and have excellent air flow. One other factor that makes the facility so appealing is its location! A short walk takes you across a bridge to the most appealing area of Spokane- the Riverfront Park. What a wonderful park! From the Riverfront Park it is a short distance to the downtown where there is a variety of things to do including shopping at some great stores. I have no hesitation in awarding this facility a five rating1

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We recently stayed at this Red Lion (for the EWU v Montana football game) and were very impressed with the property and the staff overall. I have to agree with Bill P on the parking, though we didn't have any trouble finding a spot or having a spot to come back to. Practically, I don't understand charging $9 for parking except in truly urban locations where you might be sharing a parking garage with other businesses or where the parking is leased, but here it's a typical parking lot on site and is presumably used exclusively by Red Lion customers. I think they should either re-think that fee or provide a specific service for it (i.e. valet and thus a guaranteed spot). I am still giving an excellent rating overall because everything else was outstanding.

The staff in particular were extremely cordial and professional in every interaction from front desk to wait staff to housekeeping to shuttle drivers (these guys in particular rock!). All get an A+ from us! The property was clean and well kept. We had 2 adjoining rooms on a high floor, the beds were very comfortable, all the room amenities were easy to find and operate, the refrigerator already cold when we arrived. The bath and bar in the rooms were very nicely arranged and everything functioned as expected.

The pool area was comfortable, it was nice to have a little satellite bar down by the pool for drinks and snacks, made it feel like we were really on vacation and able to relax. That's the biggest take-away for us: we felt like the property and staff were so well managed that we could honestly relax and isn't that why you go on vacation and stay in hotels in the first place? I don't want to have to 'figure stuff out' or 'work around' issues that aren't intuitive. This property was a truly relaxing place to stay.

Room Tip: I like high floors, not everybody does, I understand, but the Tower section on the west side was nic...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Kelowna, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed at the Red Lion at the Park this last weekend for a little getaway. Overall the experience was really great. The rooms were clean and the food was very tasty. I really enjoyed the selection at the morning buffet, which was included in our nightly fee. It has a water slide and pool outside, and a pool and hot tub inside which was incredible! Best of both worlds! Some of the decor in the hotel was outdated which gave it a older feel, but it's very well kept. I would definitely come back to this resort.
Oh P.S - Don't go to the morning buffet around 9:00am in the morning.. it's pretty busy... we had to wait for around 20 minutes to get a seat. As long as you come earlier or later you'll be golden. Have fun!

Palmdale, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

$9 per night for parking was a surprise, plus there were zero parking spaces available. We had to park in a different lot (for $9 per night). No one cleaned our room in the 2 nights we were there.
The garbage was not taken away, the beds were not made. 5,000 U of M fans came to Spokane for the EWS game, about 50 stayed at this hotel. The location is great, the people were friendly but I will be giving the U of M booster club a negative rating for future footbaal, basketball trips.

I have never had so little "bang for my buck". For the nightly rate you are charged you would expect some kind of complimentary breakfast... not the case at Red Lion. I have paid for parking before, but it was always valet parking. At the Red Lion it is hunt for your own space, and hope there is one available. The week-end of the Grizzlie/ Eastern Washington game there were no spaces available. When I complained to the sweet young person at the desk, all I got was a "I'm so sorry". I guess the hired help does not have the authority to fix problems. I was still charged $9 per night for a "service" that did not exist. Where on the Red Lion web site does it say parking is extra?

The help were very courteous. I especially like Allen who works as a bus boy. The buffet was no better than the free buffet I get when I stay at Holiday Express (as I will in the future). My stay outside the Red Lion was great, inside - not so good.

Room Tip: Try a different hotel.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dominic L, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel at the Park, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for providing this important review of our hotel and your stay. I apologize this experience was not what you expected, and parking was difficult during this busy weekend. Also, I forwarded to my department manager the comments regarding housekeeping. Our staff is definitely empowered to take care of our guests, and we'll coach them to respond more appropriately to concerns such as yours. I appreciate your thoughts about Allen, and it's great to hear he provided a high-level of service. We'll be sure to recognize him for his hard work. Understand that all your feedback is vital to us, as it helps our teams get better and I hope you'll stay with us again to see the results. Please try contacting our reservation specialists to discuss room packages that include breakfast and parking, so we can exceed your expectations and accommodate you the best way possible.

Kind Regards,

Dominic L
calgary alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We always stay at this hotel when traveling through Spokane. it's location, outdoor pool, and friendly staff make it worthwhile. Whether walking to restaurants, shopping, or a stroling l through the park,, there is always something to do from this hotel.

Some of the rooms could use some updating. Sliding doors often are broken, or hard to use. The air conditioners are old, and last time, they had to replace the one in our room. (it was summer and necessary) last week, it was cooler out, so the intermittent air cond. wasn't as big an issue. If they don't work, call the desk and they have new ones to replace the old ones, if they cannot be fixed.

The complimentary breakfast has such friendly servers coming around with coffee. We've been coming for years, and the same servers! Must treat their staff well, to have such pleasant ones!

Always a pleasure!

Room Tip: Deluxe room, are a little more, but they have balconies, that are nice to sit out on. Pool side is...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Red Lion Hotel at the Park? Share your experiences!