“A small gem at a great price” 4 of 5 stars

You added Hotel Ruby to your Saves list
Hotel Ruby
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   901 West 1st Avenue, Spokane, WA 99201   |
Offers & Announcements
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #10 of 43 Hotels in Spokane
Richland, Washington
“A small gem at a great price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

My sweet spouse and I recently spent the night at the Hotel Ruby in Spokane and were impressed with so much...starting with the check-in. The manager had everything ready, we received a drink voucher for the Sapphire Lounge, and he was so helpful with helping us select a restaurant. Our room was on the upper floor and clean and cute...but lots smaller than the website photos would lead one to believe! But the bed was comfortable and the down duvet type coverlets were a pleasant surprise. The bathroom was on the small size, and we could have used a few more towels, but for the excellent price we paid, a small feature we could over look. The central location is incredibly convenient...across the street from the Knitting Factory and The Fox Theater, and just one block from the Bing Crosby Theater and we were happy with how little noise from the street we had. Really, a great deal for the money...we'll be back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by the Ruby. It is a recently remodeled old hotel right in downtown with a lot of hipster character. Lots of good stuff (restaurants and bars) within walking distance. Most of my comments are positive: My room was clean, the staff was friendly, continental breakfast was above average (they have a waffle maker), and I received a free drink coupon for the Sapphire Lounge (downstairs) when I checked in. The bar is a little swanky for my taste, but prices were on-par with competitors, and the bartenders were very good. My only complaints: The room was a little small, and there was a bit of noise from the street at night (bar crowds). I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Sequim, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

LOVED this place!!!!! Very good value for the money!!!!!!
Everything is high tech and updated with 3-D tvs with full basic cable, 5 wifi ports, and a very boutique decor! Also, be careful about your "keycard", it's about the size of a SD chip so it can get lost in your packet very easily!
The beds were super comfy, and it really was an adorable hotel! They have a fridge and microwave, perfect for leftovers or something. The bathrooms are a bit small, but totally updated (with a kick-butt rain showerhead) and workable.
The staff was very nice and charming, with a sense of humour to boot!!!
The only things that I didn't like was things they could not control. The walls ARE thin, so if you're a very light sleeper; bring earplugs. The trains do start running at about 8am or so, not obscenely early, but if you wanna sleep in till noon it'll be a bit difficult lol!!! Also, it's kinda at the edge of town, so there aren't a lot or restaurants in walking distance. But Spokane is very easy to navigate, so it's not a big deal. The parking lot sucks. Plain and simple. Very small and oddly shaped. They do have multiple overflow lots though.
All in all, a place I'd totally stay at again!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

Hotel and rooms are much nicer on website than in person. Comfortable beds and low price, but VERY noisy. You can hear every footstep around you, train and cars. Could hear phone conversation of someone above us!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Hotel Ruby on a Saturday night in mid-September and had a wonderful time! The guy that helped check us in was courteous and quick. Helped us find the parking (across the street in an overflow lot - not a problem at all; super cheap at $5), showed us a few places to go out for the night... etc.

The room was immaculate! Loved the red decor and simple room setup. The bed was comfortable, flat screen TV a nice bonus... all in all, pretty great. Definitely take a trip down to the lounge - you'll fully appreciate how they turn it into a continental breakfast in the morning, too!

I was SHOCKED at the rate as well - seemed like an amazing deal for a perfect location!

All in all, we agreed this would be our place to stay if we were ever in Spokane again. Absolutely recommend it.

Room Tip: We had a room on the second floor, near the corner away from the street. But I doubt anything would...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

Great room, and BED very friendly staff. And super nice atmosphere, the rooms are up to date and while they are small for the location and quality it's the most for your money. They even have continental breakfast.

• Stayed September 2012
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Found this place through Trip Advisor and it was my first stop on a road trip from Seattle to North Carolina. The price was right - $76, so I asked to see a room. The one they showed me had four super intense DARK red walls - pretty tacky. Luckily the room they put me in only had one red accent wall, and felt brighter. I could actually relax in this one.

All the rooms face a parking lot courtyard. So the cars come and go. As in, all night long. It was incredibly loud. I was up most of the night from people partying, revving their cars in the lot and peeling out.

The room itself was nice. No complaints. The bed was comfy and their attempt to make it more of an affordable 'boutique' motel is fairly successful. It was nice and clean too. I was pretty shocked that the car pass they give you to put in the window for parking had my hotel room # on it. I was traveling alone and that seemed super unsafe (for any guests) - No need to put the # on anyone's car pass. Another con, the guy who checked me out was super rude and basically took my payment and said nothing else. Didn't ask how my stay was or anything. I probably wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Ruby? Share your experiences!