“Great value in the heart of Spokane” 5 of 5 stars

You added Hotel Ruby to your Saves list
Hotel Ruby
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   901 West 1st Avenue, Spokane, WA 99201   |
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #11 of 43 Hotels in Spokane
Granite Bay, CA
“Great value in the heart of Spokane”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at Hotel Ruby. The funky, modern atmosphere was fun, and the service was great. The rooms were spacious, clean and well appointed. The continental breakfast was very nice. The location is very convenient. Our room was quiet despite overlooking a main thoroughfare. We would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone looking for a nice place to stay at a great price.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Walla Walla
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We stopped in Spokane for a night after three nights camping near Glacier. We didn't want to blow the budget, but wanted to stay centrally located. I was SO happy when I found Hotel Ruby online. For around $85, we got a room with two double beds, super clean and modern, right in the heart of the city. I love that they've reclaimed what I guess was once I run-down motel and turned it into something so cool. It's very much like The Modern in Boise or the Jupiter Hotel in Portland. I will warn you though: if you're looking for valet parking, a spa, or turn-down service, this is not the hotel for you. For twice the price, you can get a lovely room at the Davenport (which by the way, is in the exact same neighborhood). I for one, can't wait to stay at the Ruby again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Columbia Falls, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

We arrived at Hotel Ruby and we guided through the fastest, most efficient check-in I've ever experienced. When we got to our room, it was clean and most simply and elegantly appointed. Smart use of space (small closets built in) hid the fridge, microwave and coffee maker. Although small, the bathroom was clean with an adjustable shower head with a goose neck piping that made it quite nice for my 6'2" boyfriend. We paid for parking and were able to find a spot both nights, although we arrived home from a local theme park at 11 the second night. And the lounge, what an absolute find! My boyfriend does not drink on any basis, usually. But I convinced him to have one and he chose the Melon Mojito. Watching the young woman muddle the mint and mix the drink was a treat, fresh ingredients and a cheerful bartender. I had the Aviation, quite simply the best drink I have ever had. EVER! I had four in two days. Do NOT be dissuaded by the price of the drinks (@ 8 dollars each), they are worth it and you will savor the fresh made enjoyability of every sip. The only thing I can think to warn someone of is that they have FIRM pillows. If you are a pillow smoosher, or usually use two, bring one of your own, as they did invest in quality firm pillows to grace their wonderful beds. And the proximity to downtown Spokane is ideal for anyone wishing to save gas and still be able to enjoy an exciting nightlife.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
British Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

I loved Hotel Ruby. We stayed there for a concert at the Bing Crosby Theater (about 45 seconds' walk), and had a great experience. Such an incredibly reasonable price for a sweet, totally functional room. Sure, you could tell it was a reno of an old motel - in the bathroom in particular - but that was a-okay. It was perfectly clean and nicely decorated, and the bed was great...really very comfortable. I particularly enjoyed the friendly, helpfulstaff and had a great couple of drinks at the bar. The value for this place was amazing. I will definitely go back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Calgary,Alberta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

I honestly don't know where to begin. First time in Spokane and thought I did my homework. The hotel is located in the dirty part of the city. There is people asking for money and crack at every intersection just one street away from the hotel. Not what I wanted my daughter to see. The hotel room is tiny. The pictures on the website are cleverly taken too make the rooms look big. The bathroom did not even have a sink inside the washroom. It's outside by your room. Overall looks like they just painted the walls red and called it a win. AND THE WORST - you will not get any sleep. They have a train go by 3 times a night. They have a lounge that closes around 12 am and then all the drunks hang out near the hotel screaming and hollering. The asswipes upstairs came back at 2 am and started screaming at each other. It looks like the hotel is catered for the homeless type or young teenagers that want to crush for the one night. We hated it. Will never go back. It's my fault for not tease arching where the hotel was located

• Stayed July 2012
Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Was presently surprised with my stay at the Ruby. The location is excellent and the price was so cheap. The rooms had great decor and were very comfortable. The bathroom was a bit outdated however the rest made up for it. I will definitely stay here again. The lobby lounge was great and cheap.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Hamilton, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

This was a great, inexpensive way to stay in downtown Spokane. Very quirky, yet charming. This is a motor inn redone with hotel flair. The complimentary breakfast was nice. The coffee was above average. (We are coffee snobs, so that is a compliment.) The queen bed was very comfortable. The big flat screen was very nice. One of the nicest TVs we had on our week long travel of the state of Washington. They have all the amenities of a suite (frig, microwave, coffee maker, hair dyer), but the room is much smaller. It is okay though, you are not there to hang out in your room. The painting of John Lennon - Sgt. Pepper-style - in our room was way cool.

The only negatives that I have is that you couldn't open the window to bring in the sounds of downtown, so you could have the "downtown" experience. Check in was great except that we were there before 5pm and it says on their website and on my confirmation that was emailed to me that you could have free parking if you got there before 5pm. (We arrived early afternoon.) upon check -in, Justin, the front desk clerk, said no they didn't offer that. I wish I would of had my confirmation letter at the time I was there because it says on my email from Hotel Ruby "Limited free parking before 5PM. Overflow lots available after 5pm, if our lot is full." So, that left a bitter taste in my mouth.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Ruby? Share your experiences!