“Good Value, Great Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue

You added Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue to your Saves list
Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   110 East Fourth Avenue, I90 Exit 281, Spokane, WA 99202   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #16 of 43 Hotels in Spokane
earthland
“Good Value, Great Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2009

I would most certainly stay here again! It was a great hotel. Breakfast was just okay, but overall everything was excellent. They had a lounge with good music AND dancing!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
gm_wa181, General Manager at Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue, responded to this review, October 10, 2009
Thank you very much for all your great reviews. We are constantly improving our hotel and service thanks to each of you! With each good comment that I read, I am very proud of our staff and hotel. However it is the constructive comments that really make a difference to me. These are the comments that I know I can improve on and do something about.

With that being said I want to share with you about one really BIG change that is on the horizon. Due to numerous comments from you and other travel sites, as well as from our local comment cards – we are upgrading our Breakfast, Dinner, and adding Lunch!

The new breakfast is something that we have been working on for some time – and expect it to be up and running in the next 60-90 days! We will be serving a full breakfast, with many more choices, most of which are items you have requested, and brand new menu items as well!

I will keep you updated when we take the final step and have our grand opening with the new menu!

As always – at your service,

Travis Tramp, CHA, CTA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2009

I came to Spokane just to take care of one patient, I searched for hotels in the medical center surroundings, most what i liked in this hotel is the friendly management , excellent breakfast (Boiled eggs and fresh waffles) and the free shuttle service to the hospital and the airport.
The manger in duty , Ms. Megan is a very friendly lady and was very helpfull during my week long stay.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Berlin, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2008

This was our last stop before we reached the coast on our cross-country trip. The hotel was on a busy road, so we asked for a rear room, but had to pay an additional $10 for it. There was a nice granite counter with coffee fixings, ice bucket, fridge and microwave. There was a small dresser and the closet was so small you had to turn the hangers sideways to close the door!

We went down to the small lounge for Happy Hour, but there were some bikers in there telling obscene jokes, so we left. We ate at the restaurant because we were too tired to go out. The food was fine, but overpriced. Our waitress was constantly called away to work in the kitchen and clean up a card room, but that wasn't her fault. Woke up at 6 AM to construction noises across the street (so much for our quiet room)! We skipped breakfast but I grabbed a danish on our way out, but didn't eat it - it was stale.

• Liked — City location
  • Disliked — Older and somewhat noisy
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Green Bay, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2008

For the price we payed for our room I thought it was a good deal. Having read the reviews when I checked in I tried getting a room on the other side of the freeway to cut down on the noise. No luck as that would have been extra so I ran the fan in the room and that worked well. They did change the room from smoking to a nonsmoking room for me. Staff was very friendly, rooms were clean and the free morning breakfast was good. The bath room was clean but well worn and the towels were as thin as paper. I did a morning walk around the hotel which was very nice and safe but be warned if you take a walk under the highway on the other side there is a homeless shalter and people like to stay under the bridge as they get kicked out after 8am.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Bathroom
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
gm_wa181, GM at Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue, responded to this review, December 4, 2008
To all of our guests and potential guests,

As always it is a pleasure to read your reviews, we take these very seriously and welcome all feedback, good or constructive. While we are right on the I90 freeway making us a GREAT choice for those of you that need to be right downtown, or need quick on and off freeway access, I know that for some the freeway noise is a concern.

We are a cement (soundproof) building and have installed double paned soundproof windows in every room. While this cuts out 98% of the freeway noise, I know some of our guests are still noise sensitive. If this is you, be sure to ask for a room on the opposite side of the freeway – these rooms automatically have two beds in them. Just a tip from your Hospitality Service Manager!

At your service,

Travis Tramp, CHA
Seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2008

Hotel: Worst place that I have ever stayed. Manager is incompetent to deal with customer satisfaction. Absolutely no integrity by Manager and many of his staff. 100% guarantee is worthless, management will not honor it. If you accidentally leave something of value in your room when you check out, you will never get it back. Charged twice for same meal, but Manager would not talk to us and instructed his staff to also ignore us. He finally called the police because he claims we were being "disruptive". Policeman came and apologetically told us that this was private property and Manager could do as he pleased. Policeman left before we did. Restaurant (also managed by Hotel Manager): Food - mediocre at best. About same quality and taste as cheap frozen dinners. Service - abysmal. Took over 1 1/2 hours start to finish. Waiter would disappear for 20-30 minutes at a time. Food orders were not correct, but after waiting that long, didn't even try to get correct order. Have filed multitude of complaints with Corporate headquarters and have not had any response.

• Liked — Close proximity to hospitals.
  • Disliked — The Manager, poor service & food @restaurant, no "100%" satisfaction guarantee.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
gm_wa181, GM at Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue, responded to this review, October 3, 2008
October 3, 2008

Dear tripadvisor users. Thank you so much for the comments to help us understand where we excel, and what areas we need to address. I want to apologize that this guest did not have a very good stay with us. I am very sorry that he did not feel he was taken care of very well. There were circumstances where this guest failed to pay for his dinner, and upon being confronted with that, he became disruptive and things got out of control.

I invite you to come and stay with us; I am positive that you will have a great stay!

Travis Tramp
Hotel Manager
seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2008

I stayed at a hotel down the road and paid 2x the amount and I really couldnt tell the difference. The rooms are nicely done and I Really liked the bar downstairs. The front counter staff were not phoney nice, they were genuinely nice people with personalities.The hotel is a good jumping off place, you can jump right on the freeway and go East or West or head up north on Division.

• Stayed May 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Great Falls, Montana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2008

Customer service at this hotel is outstanding! Every front desk person treated you graciously and with help and respect. Got 2 coupons for happy hour in their new lounge which is a great remodel and overlooks the pool. Breakfast area is large with ample seating and booths which also overlooks the pool. Although our morning meal was slightly spoiled by watching a little kid swimming around with blood gushing from his nose and wiping it all over the hotel towels on occasion. Breakfast consisted of 4 kinds of cereal, oj, apple juice, milk, 5 make your own wafflemakers, crockpot of hard boiled eggs, danishes, muffins, toast, bagels, yogurt, and apples. We looked forward to it every morning as it saved us big money on breakfast!
I booked the 2 queen room through Expedia for 74/night. Rooms are in another section of the hotel which is in dire need of an update!! Elevators, carpet, walls, everything seemed run down. Outdated furnishings, hair on the blankets, caulking coming off the tub and bathroom walls, paint chipping off the walls, stains on carpet and sheets, nice view of the rundown apartments in the back along with a dead bug lying on the windowsill. If clean is a top priority for you reconsider staying here. The parking lot was free and very large however the garage in the back had homeless people living under it. If you want to be in the middle of action of all the bars in downtown except about a 20 minute walk but it was only 5 dollars for 3 of us to take a cab from the hotel to the Big Easy. The lounge has a very nice lady bartender who makes excellent drinks! Also the free wireless internet was a bonus and worked well. All of the amenities (breakfast, lounge, parking, internet, customer service) were outstanding, however I only wish the rooms were up to that caliber as well.

• Liked — Breakfast, customer service, lounge, location to downtown
  • Disliked — Unclean, outdated, small rooms
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue? Share your experiences!