“Not bad for the price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue

You added Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue to your Saves list
Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   110 East Fourth Avenue, I90 Exit 281, Spokane, WA 99202   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #16 of 43 Hotels in Spokane
Spokane, Washington
“Not bad for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was very confused by the fact that the hotel didnt have better accommodations for people with disabilites. There is only one entrance to the hotel and that makes it very hard for me and my family (when they travel with me) to get to our rooms. There is a long corridor you have to go down to even get to the rooms. If you are not on the 2nd floor (which is the floor you enter the hotel on), you have to take the elevator.
Granted the room I got was nice. I was very tired, so I wasnt too picky. The bathroom in my room was right by the door (as are 99.9% of them) and had a sink in there. There was a thin, long shelf right across from the bathroom with the hair dryer and mini 4cup coffee maker. There was a big light and mirror that was helpful.
I was very surprised with the breakfast fare that was offered. If you dont drink coffee (which I dont) you are in for a surprise. If you want herbal tea or hot chocolate, you have to purchase it from the vending machine. The eggs were still moist/slightly wet and turned me off. The sausage was pretty good, as were the danish. There was no biscuits & gravy or waffles, BUT they did have 2 pancake machines. One of them seemed to be malfunctioning at the time. The pancakes are good and sweet and they did have sugar free syrup if you wanted it. They offered OJ and apple juice, 2% and whole milk, coffee, tea, and water. They also had a few different types of bread ther, including a few donuts.

Room Tip: There really isnt a way to get a "good/better" room, except try near the elevator.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Travis T, Manager at Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear SanityzOvrtd:

Thank you for your review, you managed to hit on a lot of our breakfast items. We're glad that you mostly enjoyed your stay. I apologize that you weren't completely comfortable with our main entrance into the hotel. Next time you stay you might try one of the other entrances to see if they better fit your needs.

travis.tramp@msn.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Stanwood, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Was a very comfortable bed. Room was clean. Staff was very friendly. Did not seem worth what we paid however. Pool was very crowded. A very generic hotel. Worked for last minute. Freeway was pretty noisy when trying to sleep.

• Stayed June 2014
Travis T, Manager at Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Sarah:

I can only imagine that you did not stay at our hotel. We are a very well decorated, well maintained hotel. We have decorated for the holidays, so I don't understand the generic hotel part. In addition our pool has been closed for months for the winter, so I know it wasn't crowded. And our rates are reduced for the winter, so the price couldn't have been an issue.

I am so sorry that you did not get a chance to actually stay with us, but thanks for the review.

Odessa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The room was nice and clean but too noisy. City noises were a problem but internal noises were the worst squeaky elevator and plumbing noises all night. Pool had very limited hours and food only fair.

Room Tip: Away from elevators and on west side of hallways.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Dear Suellen:

Thank you for your review. Since you mentioned the pool has limited hours, I am unsure that you stayed with us. Our pool is outdoor and closes for the winter, it has been closed for several months already, so I suppose you could call that limited hours. :-)

I hope you get a chance to stay with us next time, and you can give a real review of your stay!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Clean. Nice people. Great breakfast. Very reasonable rates. Easy to find. The rooms on the fwy side were a little noisier than the other side but not too bad. We were there in the winter so didn't get to use the pool area but it looked like it would be nice in the summer.

Room Tip: The two room suite was only $35.00 more as opposed to getting to queens.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Carla:

Thank you so much for the great review, we are so glad you enjoyed your stay!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2014

Spent 1 night here. We didn't have a reservation, but the counter attendant was very nice. Perhaps we looked so exhausted, she gave us a 10% discount on our room. The room was super nice for the price. The bed was very comfortable and the pillows were soft. The only reason I didn't give it a 5 star rating is the lack of a fan in the bathroom. My boyfriend, usually a very sweet guy, is not very sweet smelling at times, if you know what I mean. The odor has to go somewhere.... The breakfast buffet was the bomb. Most hotel buffets have a waffle making machine. This Quality Inn has an instant fresh pancake machine. You push a button, and in less than 2 minutes... presto! Fresh hot, perfectly cooked pancakes! They also had several types of delicious looking pastries, fresh fruit, yougrt, and scrambled eggs and sausage. A great way to start a day. The $2 parking fee was a bit odd, considering the car we parked next to had flat tires and had obviously been there for awhile. Other than those minor issues, it was a great place.

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Travis T, Manager at Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Annette:

Thank you for letting us know about your stay, we really appreciate hearing from you!

Frankfort, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2014

Ignore the dollar savings. I made a reservation a month in advance and when I arrived was placed in a basement room where the bathroom ceilings rose an inch above my head (I'm 6', not exactly a giant). The room was musty and dingy, which seemed to be the theme of the entire place. I will give in that I arrived at 10:30 pm and left by 4:45 the next morning, so I didn't stick around to see if the breakfast made it all worth it or not. Do yourself a favor and pony up the extra $30 to stay somewhere clean.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Travis T, Manager at Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue, responded to this review, October 23, 2014
Dear Matt:

I am so sorry that you did not have a pleasant experience with us. Since we don't have any basement rooms, and our ceilings are certainly higher than 6 feet, I am unsure how to reply to your comments. I am sorry that we did not do better for you, thank you for letting us know how your stay was.

Sammamish, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2014

Showed up late with no reservations and got a room. Nice, clean, comfortable. Was surprised by the huge selection of breakfast items. It's not your standard continental breakfast - it's more like a FULL breakfast, eggs, potatoes, sausage, cereal, pastries, bread, bagels, hard boiled eggs, great coffee, juices, milk. Couldn't believe it was included with the price of the room. Never heard any traffic noise as others have reviewed but I also wasn't on the street side either.

Stayed October 2014
Travis T, Manager at Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue, responded to this review, October 17, 2014
Dear Tamara:

Thanks for the review, I love that you enjoyed breakfast! That is one of our shining amenities! You're right, for most people any small traffic noise that gets through our soundproof windows in minimal. Thanks for staying, we look forward to seeing you again!

travis.tramp@msn.com

Been to Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue? Share your experiences!