“our family enjoyed our stay!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue to your Saves list
Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   110 East Fourth Avenue, I90 Exit 281, Spokane, WA 99202   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 46 hotels in Spokane
red deer
“our family enjoyed our stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We stayed at this hotel 2 nights to do some school shopping in Spokane, My Daughter loved the pool. I noticed the pool was set up to provide entry for handicap guests, awesome! They also provided plenty of seating around the pool and we also noticed a BBQ. Not sure if it was for guest use or not.
The room had a huge king sized bed, a mini fridge, a microwave and a coffee maker. My boyfriend was very impressed. It was also very clean.Had A/C too!
In the morning there was a free breakfast of eggs, sausage, hashbrowns,cereal ect. It was a very busy area and they seemed to have a hard time keeping up with the eggs sausage and hashbrowns. It was pretty good though.
The other thing was that the highway was very close and kept me awake. Bring earplugs.
Great location great service. We will return!

Room Tip: ask for a room oposite of the highway
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
princessproperties, General Manager at Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Dear Jolene 138,

I was delighted to read that your stay was positive and I sincerely appreciate the kind words regarding our hotel. I agree with you our heated pool is great one of the biggest around. Yes, the BBQ is for our guests so next time you are in town grab some hamburgers and enjoy yourself.

225 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Got a suite and walked in and got hit with an unbearable smell of smoke. The blinds were completely drawn and shut and the room smelled like it hasn't been opened and aired out in years. We knew something was up when we got off the elevator and the hall wreaked of smoke, but once we entered the room, it was unbearable. Manager finally told us that the refurbished wing with suites was formerly the smoking section of years past. Do NOT stay here, so many other better choices in downtown area for the same price.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear J T,

I want to thank you for sending us this review! I appreciate you letting us know how you feel and also how your experience was on this stay. We are a 100% non-smoking hotel and appreciate you letting me know so that I can take a closer look into that room. I hope you will allow us another opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Grantham, Lincolnshire, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

This is a generally very well-appointed and reasonably priced Quality Inn. The upside is that the rooms (albeit a little on the small side) are comfortable and the hotel is very, very close to the center of the city - easily within walking distance. Wifi worked well and is fast. Large outdoor pool onsite. Breakfast good and plentiful with several hot options as well as waffles, bread, cereals and so on.

Less good: the noise. The elevated freeway goes past the window about 200 yards away and you can certainly hear it on the north side all night, even with the aircon on full blast. But the noise is pretty continuous so it is not as intrusive as one might fear it would be. I slept all night.

Also, they will add a $2 parking fee to your bill. This does not appear on the Choice Hotels 'Hotel Services and Amenities' page for this location, or the sheet of paper you sign to accept the rate. The amount of money is trivial but we weren't told about it by the check-in clerk, who was keener on trying to get us to have dinner in the hotel, while writing out the parking permit. I asked a couple of other guests and they hadn't been told about the charge either. So, I'd guess a lot of people don't realize or aren't told the charge is there until, or even if, they examine the bill. I queried it and the fee was removed. There are numerous warnings about valuables in cars, and denial of responsibility, so my feeling is they would be better levying a higher fee and making the parking secure if cars in their lot are that prone to theft.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the south side to avoid freeway noise.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear WelbyTraveller,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. This means a great deal to us and we deeply appreciate it. We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I am so glad you had time to eat the breakfast. I believe it has excellent hot and cold choices so there is plenty to choice from.

I do apologize you were not aware of the parking fee and I am glad the front desk removed the fee for you. I will definitely take a look at all the websites and make sure it is clearly stated so there will not be any further confusion. We truly appreciate your business and hope to see you again on your next visit to the Spokane area.

Concord, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Not exactly downtown but close enough that it was a short drive to the downtown attractions. Our room faced the highway but noise was not an issue. We got into town before the 3pm check-in and Amber at the front desk made arrangements to get a room clean early and gets us checked in. We stayed here 3 nights and no problems, the staff was friendly, the breakfast decent. Didn't use the pool or the lounge so I can't speak on the cleanliness of the pool or the quality of the drinks.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ernesto V,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. This means a great deal to us and we deeply appreciate it. We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our property met your needs. I am glad Amber was able to help you will early check in. She is a valued team member and really strives for excellent customer service. We truly appreciate your business and hope to see you again on your next visit to the Spokane area.

Thanks Again,

Great Falls, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Nice Hotel. In downtown area, but didn't feel like it was in a bad location. Close to where we wanted to be. Right off of Division St. Clean rooms, decent beds. Good breakfast, but could use a little variety as they offered the same choices every morning. Outdoor pool was nice because it was very hot when we were there and it was nice to be able to cool off in the evening and not feel the stuffy feel of indoor pools. I would stay again as the staff was very accomodating in making sure we could stay in the same room and not have to move because we had to make seperate reservations due to our circumstances. I would stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Terri K,

WOW! Thanks for a very detailed review regarding your recent stay with us. Appreciate the many features you pointed out along with the other areas noted in your review. I will share your review with the staff in our staff meeting I am sure they will appreciate your kind words. "We will return" is music to our ears!!! Thank you again.

San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

This hotel is just barely outside of downtown which means it is a short drive or a long walk away. Our room was on the opposite side of the hotel from the freeway so we did not hear any noise. There was ample parking. Our room was fairly large and clean. There is a small pool. The free breakfast was adequate. There is a small fridge and coffee maker in the room, too. The bathroom was large and the toilet & shower and separate from the sink.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear AndySD,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to your stay. I enjoy hearing from our guests about their experience. I completely agree with you we do have a great location within driving and walking distance to many local restaurants and attractions in the downtown area. I am glad you enjoyed your stay our team works very hard to provide, hospitality, service and cleanliness of excellence. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in Spokane.

Thanks Again

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We didn't have reservations but they had a room available for me my spouse and our for daughters. We walked in to our room and it was clean and comfortable. We ate dinner played in the pool and settled in for the night after we all took showers. In the morning we ate a complimentary breakfast, it was amazing. The kids had waffles and other goodies while my spouse and I ate sausage hash browns and scrambled eggs. Delicious. We checked out with no problems. The staff was very helpful in answering all our questions.

• Stayed July 2013
princessproperties, General Manager at Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Dear Ripp2000,

I want to thank you for your great review and so glad you chose our hotel to stay at while you were in Spokane. We do get a lot of great comments about our breakfast and there is always some thing for the whole family. I will share your kind words with our staff and we look forward to see you and your family next time your in town.

Thanks Again,

Christine and Quality Inn Staff

Been to Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue? Share your experiences!