“excellent value for money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue

You added Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue to your Saves list
Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   110 East Fourth Avenue, I90 Exit 281, Spokane, WA 99202   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #16 of 43 Hotels in Spokane
Cochrane, Canada
“excellent value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

excellent value for money - the room was relatively inexpensive and met all of our needs. The front desk staff were great - special hats off to Amber who provided us with one essential - from her personal stock - that we did not have. You may want to check the toilet in 326 - it was a pretty slow flush! Otherwise a great stay and we would not hesitate to come back.We listened to the advice not to get a room facing the freeway - our stay at the back was nice and quiet.

Room Tip: Don't get a room facing the freeway if you are bothered by noise at night.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
princessproperties, General Manager at Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Norman,

Thank you very much for your kind words. I am glad to hear that your stay was enjoyable! Our location is wonderful to be close and within walking distance to many amenities such as dining and entertainment. I do appreciate the great compliments on Amber she is definitely a keeper. She enjoys her job and it shows. We are looking forward to your stay in the future.

Christine Taylor, CTA, CHA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at Quality Inn for nearly a week while a family member was in nearby hospice. The staff were incredibly attentive and friendly. Housekeeping was very patient with our erratic schedules. The adjoining rooms were comfortable and quiet - we asked for rooms that didn't face the highway. Location was ideal. As a hotel snob, I would highly recommend this place.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
princessproperties, General Manager at Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Thanks Amy,

I was delighted to read that your stay was positive and I sincerely appreciate the kind words regarding our Housekeeping staff. Our staff works hard at making everyone feel like this is their home away from home especially in difficult times. Looking forward to seeing you the next time you are in Spokane.

Bellingham, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Freeway close, great feature if you room is NOT facing the freeway. Decent breakfast, although I did not appreciate hearing the hotel staff sharing their personal problems during my breakfast. Went to lobby to get coffee on 2nd morning, both large airpots were empty (about 5 am), and when I asked the front desk clerk, she pointed the the empty pots. Perhaps she should have been doing her job rather than sitting and chit chatting with her co-workers (who were sitting on the couches in the lobby). Easy chair in room was hideous as was the desk chair.......leaving only the bed to sit on. Upon check in, both beds did not have the linen tucked in, blankets hanging below the bedspreads..........old worn blankets with burn holes. Sign in the bathroom stating that should there be any linen, coffee pot, etc missing, would be interpreted that I wanted the items and would be charged for them. I guess the type of guest they attract have a problem with stealing items from the room.

Up at 4 am for work, went out to the lobby to get coffee in my lounging clothes, went back to room and room key card would not let me in, flashed yellow. Walked back to desk, got replacement key, walked back to room again....same outcome.....back to desk...Night clerk made another new key, brought his master key card which also had a standard key attached........he could not get in either and he did NOT have a key to fit the standard lock. Back to desk, clerk placed a call to someone, back to room, he was told to try and wiggle the door, that it might not be closed properly......did not work. I find it UNACCEPTABLE that the night hotel clerk did not have a standard key to enter the room. Night clerk went back to the lobby, I stayed and played with the door, finally pulling the door towards me and was finally able to enter my room with the card key. By this time it was too late for me to shower before work. When I arrived back after work, there was a message offering to move me to a new room........I declined as I was too tired. Why oh why did they not fix it during the day (it was a Monday). I happened again the next morning, but I prevailed. I was given a "gift certificate" for another nights stay, however I would not return to the property if I was in the area again. My room was prepaid via the corporate travel agent, so the gift certificate was useless to me.

I was also charged $2.00 per day, which was not mentioned at check in. It was an unsecured lot.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, do not face the freeway...........or choose another hotel in the area.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
princessproperties, General Manager at Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Thank you for your review of the Quality Inn -fourth Ave. Here in Spokane. We really do appreciate your opinion; it gives us opportunity to see where we can improve.

Please call me here at the hotel so we can visit. THANK YOU. I was disappointed to learn that you did not feel the service you received was what you should have received. We take great pride on delivering exceptional service to each of our guests and I apologize for any issues you may have experienced.

I sure would like an opportunity to make it up to you and possibly change your opinion of our lovely Hotel. Please call me here at the hotel so we can visit. THANK YOU.

509-838-6101
Quality Inn General Manager
Lubumbashi, Democratic Republic of the Congo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

The bar is a bit noisy at night, freeway noise can be a problem. Room is average. Staff is attentive- the front desk clerk did her magic to get me a nice room, away from the noise. The breakfast is a notch above th normal hotel breakfast. clean all around. Pay attention to where you park in the parking lot. I parked on the east side parking from the reception desk and in the morning had a notice on my windsheild saying it would be towed away in a day if I did not move.

Room Tip: get a room on the opposite side of the building from the freeway. south side.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
princessproperties, General Manager at Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thanks for a very detailed review regarding your recent stay with us. Appreciate the many features you pointed out along with the other areas noted in your review. I do apologize for the parking warning. Several weeks ago we did implement a new parking program. Upon check in you will receive a parking permit to be placed on the dashboard of your vehicle that way we make sure we have plenty of parking for our registered guests. We are all looking forwarded to see you next time you are in Spokane, WA.
KALISPELL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Excellent front desk help, both in late evening and in morning staff ( I think Jean and Mariah). Easy to find, good parking, comfortable bed, bedding, and pillows, clean room. A little noisy next to the freeway, but started the fan on the room heater and all was good. A delightful stay and exceptional value.

Room Tip: There are coupon books and they honor the coupon prices.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
princessproperties, General Manager at Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for the positive comments you made about the Quality Inn 4th Ave. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do appreciate our guests and do everything to make them feel like this is their home away from home.

We are all looking forwarded to see you next time you are in Spokane, WA.

Redmond, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Several things were outstanding here: First, the friendliness of the staff. Without exception, the folks seemed happy to be here and eager to help. Even the maintenance guy, on an elevator ride, was chatty and pleasant. We've all experienced this in part, but when it's 100% that's notable.
The breakfast buffet was better than most and included some protein (scrambled eggs and sausage (separate)) which often isn't the case. That said, my wife, who is gluten free, was limited to those two things (not her first picks) and yogurt and the fresh fruit. Everything else was bready. And I love me them Belgian wafflers, especially the tasty blueberry beauties!

For both of our stays the rooms were very clean and well maintained. Everything you'd expect to be there, was.

Three minor things, and I mean minor. The tea was so wimpy it would have to be called not good. I realize tea drinkers are a quiet minority, but this was a situation where I opted for the coffee instead. Second, the desk chairs in our room--both times--were coming apart, screws missing and loose, that sort of thing. Not a hazard, just an annoyance.

Last was the $2 charge for parking. I cheerfully paid it but I had never been assessed that before so it was something of a surprise. Next time I'll be ready for that.

We shall return to this particular haven on the highway.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
princessproperties, General Manager at Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Lee B,

Thanks for a very detailed review regarding your recent stay with us. Appreciate the many features you pointed out along with the other areas noted in your review. I agree our Breakfast is fabulous! Personally, some eggs and sausage with a blueberry waffle is my favorite.

Our Staff works hard at making everyone feel like this is their home away from home.

Thank you for bringing it to my attention in regards to the chairs I will get our maintenance to go through the rooms and make sure all the screws are accounted for and tightened.

Thank you that you ended your review "We will return" is music to our ears!!!

We will be looking forward to your next stay with us!

Taipei, Taipei, Taiwan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We stayed at the Quality Inn twice--once on our way to our vacation destination, and the other on our return. Upon our arrival we discovered that they had arranged for a room on the highway side of the hotel. Although it was not extremely noisy, we did ask to be moved to the other side, and this they did cheerfully, quickly, and with no extra charge. Then, for our return, we requested a similarly located room and they arranged it for us, once again with no extra charge. Just by coincidence we had the opportunity to talk with some of the staff (including a very gifted young man) about life and love, politics and society, and found them to be wonderful conversationalists--thoughtful and well-informed. Highly recommended!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
princessproperties, General Manager at Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind words.
I am glad to hear that your stay was enjoyable!
We love talking to our guest and it is great to meet each and everyone of them everyone has so much to offer. I believe the young gentleman you spoke with is Atanas and we are very lucky to have him here with us.

I hope you enjoyed your vacation and we are looking forward to seeing you again next time you come through Spokane.

Thanks again,

Quality Inn 4th Ave

Been to Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue? Share your experiences!