“Standard hotel in great location for downtown Spokane” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue to your Saves list
Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   110 East Fourth Avenue, I90 Exit 281, Spokane, WA 99202   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #15 of 43 Hotels in Spokane
Lubumbashi, Democratic Republic of the Congo
“Standard hotel in great location for downtown Spokane”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

The bar is a bit noisy at night, freeway noise can be a problem. Room is average. Staff is attentive- the front desk clerk did her magic to get me a nice room, away from the noise. The breakfast is a notch above th normal hotel breakfast. clean all around. Pay attention to where you park in the parking lot. I parked on the east side parking from the reception desk and in the morning had a notice on my windsheild saying it would be towed away in a day if I did not move.

Room Tip: get a room on the opposite side of the building from the freeway. south side.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
princessproperties, General Manager at Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thanks for a very detailed review regarding your recent stay with us. Appreciate the many features you pointed out along with the other areas noted in your review. I do apologize for the parking warning. Several weeks ago we did implement a new parking program. Upon check in you will receive a parking permit to be placed on the dashboard of your vehicle that way we make sure we have plenty of parking for our registered guests. We are all looking forwarded to see you next time you are in Spokane, WA.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
KALISPELL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Excellent front desk help, both in late evening and in morning staff ( I think Jean and Mariah). Easy to find, good parking, comfortable bed, bedding, and pillows, clean room. A little noisy next to the freeway, but started the fan on the room heater and all was good. A delightful stay and exceptional value.

Room Tip: There are coupon books and they honor the coupon prices.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
princessproperties, General Manager at Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for the positive comments you made about the Quality Inn 4th Ave. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do appreciate our guests and do everything to make them feel like this is their home away from home.

We are all looking forwarded to see you next time you are in Spokane, WA.

Redmond, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Several things were outstanding here: First, the friendliness of the staff. Without exception, the folks seemed happy to be here and eager to help. Even the maintenance guy, on an elevator ride, was chatty and pleasant. We've all experienced this in part, but when it's 100% that's notable.
The breakfast buffet was better than most and included some protein (scrambled eggs and sausage (separate)) which often isn't the case. That said, my wife, who is gluten free, was limited to those two things (not her first picks) and yogurt and the fresh fruit. Everything else was bready. And I love me them Belgian wafflers, especially the tasty blueberry beauties!

For both of our stays the rooms were very clean and well maintained. Everything you'd expect to be there, was.

Three minor things, and I mean minor. The tea was so wimpy it would have to be called not good. I realize tea drinkers are a quiet minority, but this was a situation where I opted for the coffee instead. Second, the desk chairs in our room--both times--were coming apart, screws missing and loose, that sort of thing. Not a hazard, just an annoyance.

Last was the $2 charge for parking. I cheerfully paid it but I had never been assessed that before so it was something of a surprise. Next time I'll be ready for that.

We shall return to this particular haven on the highway.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
princessproperties, General Manager at Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Lee B,

Thanks for a very detailed review regarding your recent stay with us. Appreciate the many features you pointed out along with the other areas noted in your review. I agree our Breakfast is fabulous! Personally, some eggs and sausage with a blueberry waffle is my favorite.

Our Staff works hard at making everyone feel like this is their home away from home.

Thank you for bringing it to my attention in regards to the chairs I will get our maintenance to go through the rooms and make sure all the screws are accounted for and tightened.

Thank you that you ended your review "We will return" is music to our ears!!!

We will be looking forward to your next stay with us!

Taipei, Taipei, Taiwan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We stayed at the Quality Inn twice--once on our way to our vacation destination, and the other on our return. Upon our arrival we discovered that they had arranged for a room on the highway side of the hotel. Although it was not extremely noisy, we did ask to be moved to the other side, and this they did cheerfully, quickly, and with no extra charge. Then, for our return, we requested a similarly located room and they arranged it for us, once again with no extra charge. Just by coincidence we had the opportunity to talk with some of the staff (including a very gifted young man) about life and love, politics and society, and found them to be wonderful conversationalists--thoughtful and well-informed. Highly recommended!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
princessproperties, General Manager at Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind words.
I am glad to hear that your stay was enjoyable!
We love talking to our guest and it is great to meet each and everyone of them everyone has so much to offer. I believe the young gentleman you spoke with is Atanas and we are very lucky to have him here with us.

I hope you enjoyed your vacation and we are looking forward to seeing you again next time you come through Spokane.

Thanks again,

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

Very friendly staff, good location to downtown and the i90. Great included breakfast in the morning. Cheap rates, clean room and surprisingly large! Solo traveller that just rocked up at 7pm looking for a room, was no problem at all

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
princessproperties, General Manager at Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to respond to your stay. I enjoy hearing from our guests about their experience. I completely agree with you we do have a great location with easy of downtown area and I90. In addition, our complimentary breakfast is the most extensive with eggs, potatoes, sausage and waffles and so much more. Again, thank you for the kind words and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Spokane, Washington.

UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Very pleasant hotel, extremely helpful staff, couldn't do enough for us. A lovely young man whose name I have forgotten unfortunately, but he was originally from Bulgaria, deserves ten out of ten for customer service as he spent sometime with my husband and I explaining about Spokane and tips and ideas of what to see and do. In addition he enjoyed hearing about the UK and of course, that universal subject, football! Room very nice and clean and a good breakfast was provided.Walking distance to downtown an easy 20 minute walk.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
princessproperties, Owner at Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Alison K.
Thank you so much for your Review. Its reviews like you’re that help us stay on track and also make adjustments as needed.

The Front desk agent that you had referred to is Atanas P. And I must agree he definitely knows customer service. He is genuine, knowledgeable and just a pleasure to be around.

We are so fortunate to have him, as well as many others absolutely Great folks working with us here at the Hotel.

Thank you for the great review and Please look me up personally next time you are here in Spokane.

We always enjoy meeting new friends.
Sincerely
Steven & Tanya - Owners
North Vancouver, B.C.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

The Holiday Inn was fully booked and we wanted a place within walking distance from downtown.

The girl at the front desk of the Quality Inn Downtown sold us on this place as she claimed the mattress was soft and very comfy -- it was NOT! Quilted duvet had no cover. Since there was no blanket, we used the lighter bedspread as a blanket because the room was too warm and the duvet was too heavy. However, a cat or dog had slept on the bedspread or it had not been washed, as my allegies flared up at night. A/C was loud and next to computer area so papers flew around. The outdoor swimming pool was a great size, although a bit chilly.

Breakfast was crappy with imitation cardboard scrambled eggs, sausages and optional watery waffles. Plastic cutlery and styrofoam plates and cups.

We checked into the Comfort Inn, where the mattress was wonderful, the breakfast had a much wider selection with real eggs and the waffles tasted like real food. They had china mugs & plates, stainless steel cutlery, and an awesome view from the 5th floor. The indoor swimming pool was warm and the jacuzzi was hot with wonderful strong jets. They matched the price of the much inferior Quality Inn, which was 8 blocks closer to downtown.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear mmelling.
Thank you for your review of the Quality Inn -fourth Ave. Here in Spokane. We really do appreciate your opinion; it gives us opportunity to see where we can improve.

I do understand you comment on the bed, I know for a fact that when I stay at other Hotels, I find each bed a little different (some more firm or softer than others), and definitely not the same as my bed at home.

I sure would like an opportunity to make it up to you and possibly change your opinion of our lovely Hotel. Please call me here at the hotel so we can visit. THANK YOU.

Steven & Tanya- Hotel owners

Been to Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue? Share your experiences!