“EXTRAORDINARY SERVICE ! !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue

You added Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue to your Saves list
Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   110 East Fourth Avenue, I90 Exit 281, Spokane, WA 99202   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #16 of 43 Hotels in Spokane
Happy Valley, Oregon
“EXTRAORDINARY SERVICE ! !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

We drove in to Spokane Saturday afternoon (July 9th) and, led by a coupon in the Travel Coupon Guide magazine, we stopped in at the Quality Inn downtown to see if we would be able to get the special coupon rate . . I was greeted my several friendly front desk reps (all great attitudes) and found out that we could stay for about $80 inc. tax . . it turned out to be a fantastic value, and it included breakfast ! !

The location, about 3/4 mile from the downtown waterfront area, had easy access on & off the main freeway that runs through Spokane . .

Our non-smoking room with two beds was clean, although somewhat smallish with low celings . . one downside that is not unusual for motels was that our room's bathroom did not include a fan or ventilation . . another negative from our perspective was that the heated pool area, which was quite nice, allowed smoking . .

The best part of this Quality Inn was the staff, and the Manna Restaurant that is onsite, adjacent to the lobby . . every staff member we encountered at the Quality Inn had a great attitude . . and the restaurant featured some fantastic food, reasonable prices, and great service (led by one of the owners, Carmen) . .

I would highly recommend this hotel, and the Manna Restaurant as well . . Thanks ! Steve

Room Tip: Travel Coupon Guide magazine (available at McDonalds, truck stops, et al, or www.travelcouponguide.c...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

Thoroughly enjoyed our 2 nights at this hotel. Staff were friendly and helpful and went the extra mile of calling us the next day to inquire how our stay was (I've never had this happen before!).

The room was clean (there is a checklist provided that shows everything the housekeeping staff do), well lit with 2 comfortable queen sized beds, a big desk/dressor, flat screen tv, a/c, coffee maker, fridge and microwave. The bathroom had all the amenities, including a great shower, and their were plenty of mirrors everywhere, which is something hard to find in most hotel rooms.

The complimentary breakfast buffet was fabulous. Real scrambled eggs (not those powdered ones), sausages, pancakes, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, breads, little muffins, apples/oranges, skim and 2% milk, juices, and coffee/tea. And because there is a restaurant on site, guests use the restaurant area for seating, which is ample, comfortable, and so pleasant. Cookies are also offered in the evening and there is a 24 hr coffee/tea bar in the lobby.

Location of the hotel is on the edge of downtown - not great for walking around or if you're looking for places to eat, other than fast food. But it's a short drive downtown and there is plenty of free hotel parking. Just make sure you're in the correct lane on Browne to get to the hotel on 4th avenue, otherwise you'll be heading onto the highway.

Free wireless internet is offered and worked fine for the first day, but was down for the 2nd evening and was not up and running again until we checked out the next morning, which was unfortunate. The front desk clerk originally hoped the internet would be fixed in the next hour or so when I called around 11 pm the night before, but come the next morning, the front desk clerk said the internet still wasn't working and a call hadn't even been placed again as they were a little busy. There are also 3 computer terminals located in the business centre for guests to use.

Other than that, the hotel is great and so reasonable and some place we would stay again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011 via mobile

Travis Is amazing!!!! Clean hotel, nice complimentary breakfast!!! Accommodated 17 girls, 2 coaches and 5 parents! We will be back. Once again Travis thank you for all of your help

• Stayed June 2011
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011 via mobile

Nice clean rooms with all the basic amenities including microwave & fridge.
They not only have soda vending machines but also frozen meal and popsicle machines.
Good selection of sausage, scrambled eggs, pancakes, bread muffins, brownies, hard boiled eggs, cereal, porridge, yoghurt and bread at their continental breakfast (included).

• Stayed June 2011
East Wenatchee, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

I stayed at Quality Inn for the Spokane AWC conference- was close to convention center and about half the price of host hotel. Breakfast was served at 6am with sausage, pancakes, juice, egges, toast, muffins and more. Rooms were quiet considering how clsoe they were to i-90. Internet access and computer available in business room. Motel direct billed our city- saved taxpayers by staying there! Free parking and safe as well.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Washington State
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Location just South of downtown Spokane off I-90 is very conveneient. I always find downtown Spokane hard to navigate between the one way streets and construction. This property is easy to get in and out of which limits the frustration when visiting a new city.
Older property that has been redone nicely. Clean room, small workout facility, TV, comforatble bed, warm shower and breakfast - everything I need when I am on the road.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Helena, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011

My room was very big and comfortable. The bed was very comfortable. The room was clean and there were plenty of towels and even though I didn't use it, there was complimentary coffee; a coffee maker and coffee. The tv was nice and the control was easy to use. I enjoyed staying in the room. Before going to the room however I wanted to go to the cocktail lounge and not only was it a long way from my room, there were a lot of steps that I had to get up and down with my walker. Trying to get into the lounge was a nightmare and no one came to my rescue to help me manage the door while I was trying to get down the steps and into the door with my walker. The next morning there was a complimentary breakfast. The eating area was down 3 steps. I left my walker on the top level and used my cane to manage up and down the steps. Trying to manage a plate of food and a drink and a cane was very difficult and again no one came to my rescue and there was no one around to ask for help. There was no restaurant help around. The hotel needs to improve in their handicap/disabled services. All in all my stay there was good.

Room Tip: Let hotel know you are disabled
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo

Been to Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue? Share your experiences!