“Fabulous Hotel in Downtown Spokane” 5 of 5 stars

FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #11 of 45 Hotels in Spokane
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Alaska
“Fabulous Hotel in Downtown Spokane”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2010

We had the pleasure of staying at the Hotel Lusso for two nights. We were looking for a hotel downtown and this was great - within walking distance to the Riverpark Square Mall and many resteraunts. The staff was amazing, very helpful and friendly. The room was amazing and, I thought, a steal at $139.00 (a deluxe King). The room was elegantly furnished, not a lot of fuss, but a lot of class!

I would skip the food at the attached pub (good beers though!)

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Berkeley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2010

I stayed in Room 444 on the Post St side for 4 nights in March 2010. I heard no street noise during my entire stay. The room is nicely appointed and spacious. Bath fixtures were quality grade. Nice carpet and very clean. Nice bed and bedding.
Yes, the wall mount soap /shampoos dispensers are a little cheesy, but I won't complain. You see them all over Europe nowadays and I think they make sense given all the soap bars and shampoos that go to waste.
The only shortcoming was the spotty/weak wireless service.
If I go back to Spokane I won't hesitate staying here again.
Oh...and nice 44" HD screen.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2010

This hotel has a charming lobby and rooms, with updated bathrooms, but it is not a full-service hotel. If you are traveling on business, as I was, and need room service, you should go elsewhere. Restaurants are within walking distance of the hotel, some just across the street at the Davenport, but in cold weather it can still be a trek. The "business center" consists of one computer near the front desk.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2010

When we heard Megadeth was going on tour to play the entire "Rust in peace" album, Spokane was the closest they were coming to Seattle, and on a monday. We felt we had to see the show, so we bought tickets, booked flight and hotel. Hotel Lusso was just what we wanted for price, location,ect. We also arranged ground transportation through the hotel.Horizon air was GREAT! Horizon has a seperate line for security check, so we did'nt have to wait at all.The filight was 40 minutes,and our town car was waiting for us when we arrived.Very nice car and the driver was very nice and informative.In fact, everyone we came into contact with in Spokane were extremely nice. Lusso was everything and more than what we expected from reading reviews. Quick check in , extraordinary staff. Beautiful room, love the high ceilings and tall windows. Room was on second floor and had no problems with noise.Bathroom was large, clean ,nice.I do agree though, the soap and conditioner dispenser must go. after we got settled in, we went down to the Ale house for a drink. VERY nice pub.20 beers on tap, very cold and great taste. Again service above and beyond. We then went through the Riverside mall and walked around the Spokane river park.It was a sunny day and the park was very enjoyable.Later we got ready for our concert,Ale house hooked us up with some more outstanding brew and off to the show we went.Thats where the trip went SOUTH!The knitting factory is a so so venue, and Megadeth (I can't believe i'm saying this) SUCKED! Terrible sound , no matter where you were,substandard light show, it was as if the band didnt care! After the disappointing show , we went back to the hotel where our moods picked up. helpfull smiling staff, and my wife and i agree the bed was the most comfortable we had ever slept in.In the morning we went across tthe street to the Safari room at the Davenport hotel and tower for breakfast. WoW! what a place! Again, extreamly nice staff there.Food was incredible ,Lusso is part of the Davenport hotel family so we had it billed to our room.checkout was a breeze, we the went back to the ale house to try their fried pickles.MMMMMMMMM! Do yourself a favor and try those. Our transportation was right on time, we had the same driver and he picked our spirits up some more.What a nice gentleman. At the airport our flight was canceled! But befor we had a chance to get mad, Horizon hooked us up with an earier flight.Horizon rules! All i can say about the trip is: Spokane, Horizon and hotel Lusso were GREAT! SUCK! was Megadeth. Thank you Spokane and Lusso ,We had a great time , will return!(but not for a concert)

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2010

After looking into other options (weekend away etc.) we decided to spend the night in Spokane for a romantic Valentine's Day getaway. We live close by (45 minutes drive) but neither me or my husband had spent any time in downtown Spokane. The Lusso was recommended by a friend and we booked the romance package which included a king deluxe room, bottle of champagne, single long-stemmed rose, a $50 credit for one of the restaurants and free valet parking. We paid $179.

Both my husband and I were very impressed by the hotel. Front desk and valet were very attentive and our room was gorgeous; super high ceilings, huge room and bathroom, very nice furnishings. Our dining credit could be used at either the attached Post Street Ale House or across the road at one of the Davenport Hotel restaurants, even though the website specified just the Ale House. We ended up deciding to eat at the Ale House and the food was very good for pub food.

Then back to the room to watch the Olympic Opening Ceremony, drink the champagne and enjoy our evening.

I did notice when first lying on the bed that the heat/air system blew pretty much directly onto the bed from a vent high in the wall. We had it set pretty low (low 60's) but it continued to blow all night. It seemed to vary between heat and air instead of finding it's correct temperature and then turning off. I woke up at 4.30am and that was it for my nights sleep unfortunately. The bed was comfortable but the heat/air system just killed it for me.

I would certainly recommend this hotel; I am a very light sleeper so maybe I'm one of the few that found this a problem; but the heating system made it not quite a 100% excellent experience for me. The hotel is ideally located for downtown Spokane and we found a great place for breakfast the next morning (Madeleine's Cafe and Patisserie).

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Kelowna
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2010

My wife and I stayed one night in October as the Davenport was full and we had tried booking last minute. Initial impressions were very favorable. Very helpful staff, nice lobby, spacious room, great location. Then came the attempt to sleep. Downtown Spokane has a surprisingly (to me at least) active bar scene and they let out fairly steadily from midnight to 2 AM. No big deal when at the Davenport - BUT - with the Lusso's old school windows each and every drunken utterance sails up the side of the lovely Lusso through the single pain of glass as if thru the finest tissue and impacts directly on your fully activated unsleeping hearing apparatus. Perhaps when restoring vintage buildings it is desirable to change as little as possible to retain that 'old world' charm. But I would argue that single pain windows held no charm then and certainly do not now. I'm going back to the Davenport.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Seattle, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2010

Attending a wedding in Spokane we looked for a hotel. Of course, staying at The Davenport would have been divine but it's just too spendy. I wanted something old and historic like The Davenport so we tried the Lusso. It's a re-done old hotel with great big rooms and a big bath, all modernized but with the old wood work and kind of funky corridors. I thought, in the end it had more atmosphere and sense of "back when" than friend's rooms at the Davenport. It's owned by the same people as The Davenport and is right across the street. + we even got coffee and a pasty for little breakfast snack. We could enjoy the Davenport to eat & gather, but this was cheaper and kind of fun.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to The Davenport Lusso? Share your experiences!