“Nice Hotel in a Great Location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #10 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Sunnyside, Washington
“Nice Hotel in a Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

For anyone venturing to Spokane, the Hotel Lusso is worth a try. My wife and I were in town for a concert at the Bing Crosby Theater, and since the Lusso was only a block away from the theater, I thought I would give it a try. I wasn't disappointed. The staff were very friendly and the deluxe king room we had was spacious, clean, and had all the amenities of an upscale hotel. One of the things I like about the hotel is that it is smaller making it, at least for me, more personable. It is a sister hotel to the much larger Davenport, which is directly across the street, but it has its own identify. As the name might suggest, the hotel has a European ambiance. The best thing about the Lusso is its location. It is situated in the heart of historic downtown Spokane. Riverfront Park is only three blocks away and there is shopping and plenty of restaurants withing walking distance. I recommend the Post Street Ale House, which is connected to the hotel, as a great place to have a drink or grab a quick bite to eat. Overall, I really liked the Lusso, and the next time I'm in Spokane, I will probably stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Hotel Lusso is part of the Davenport Hotel "family" across the street but it has its own identity. Upon entering there's a classic European feel to it with lots of wood and elegant furnishings in the lobby, and a smallness that contrasts with Davenport's largeness. Only one elevator for the guests was not much of a problem. The room was very nice and clean and comfortable, but the furniture was minimal: one desk, one chair, and one queen bed. We asked for another chair to be delivered, the front desk said it would make a request, but the extra chair never arrived. Lighting in the room was a bit low, only one floor lamp and two bedside lamps. Large spacious bathroom but not much counter space. We got a good price, so we accepted these few shortcomings. A good hotel for a short visit (we stayed 5 nights) in which we only used the room to sleep in. Good extras included two newspapers every morning, and free Starbucks coffee and coffee cake in the lobby. It was good but not great.

Room Tip: If you don't need it, make sure you don't get the handicap room
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Gilbert, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

This little hotel was a lovely way to end a week's vacation of 10 hours days photographing Washington, Montana and Canada. Good value, clean, awesome comfy bed. We arrived Sunday evening after 6 pm and it was very quiet. Staff was attentive at check-in and check-out--no complaints. We went across the street to have dinner at the Davenport Palm Court. The meal was expensive but we felt it was "the price of admission" to enjoy a very spectacular ambiance rarely found anywhere with marble flowers, fresh flowers you could smell across the room, and architecture to drop-your-jaw. Next time, I will listen more closely when the hotel staff recommends having appetizers-- small plates would have been more satisfying--but read the small print on the lobby table by the elevators--there is a set-price menu offered at the various hotel Davenport restaurants--at varying times--aka early bird-- that might have proven a nice value.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Kennewick, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

the hotel was nice, the room clean and had a big bathroom. It was the treatment on arrival that set the mood. We drove up in line, with the other customers checking in,,watched while they (and the doorman) unloaded and took their luggage to the rooms. After they were done the driver returned to move his vehicle. We moved a little closer to the door, while I went inside to register, my husband began to unload our luggage while the doorman just stood there and ignored us. Ok no problem, between my husband and myself, we manage to get everything in one load. While entering the building (with our arms full) the door man said,"hey, stop, you can't just park here." We explained we just wanted to take our luggage to our room and then be right back . He walked up to us and said, "then I want your key". We had not noticed him taking anyone else's vehicle key. Maybe it was because we were riding a motorcycle, I don't know!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Very nice and modern hotel in downtown Spokane while we were "just passing through". It is a sister property of the Davenport Hotel (and right across the street). Easy walk to Riverfront Park. Good coffee cake in the morning!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at lusso whole my husband was attending the Rocky Mountain Mining foundation's annual conference. The room was big and the bed was comfy. That's about it for positives. My first day I asked to have the shuttle transport me to bike shop to rent a bikes mile away. Spokane was experiencing quite a heat wave this weekend. I was told "all the shuttles were too busy with the convention". Even though the bike shop was on the shuttle route. So I had to walk. I took the map and directions I had to wrangle from the front desk. Apparently she failed to mention the route was known as "pan handlers alley". I know this because a pastor helped me from being overcome by the said pan handlers.
Next, my husband called the front desk to ask to extend our check out to 1 or 130 ( check out us 12). Before she hung up on him she told him no but they had a big bathroom in the lobby he could use to change out of his suit. They didn't. There was a bathroom in the pub he could use. At 1015 on check out day, I called down to see if someone could fix the over flowing toilet. I was told the housekeepers would take care of it. I asked when and was told "when they come through to clean" after check out. So, I had to go across the street to the Davenport to use the restroom.
And finally, we tried to order a shuttle for the airport. There were not any available. So we reserved a taxi. Our flight was delayed so we called to amend our transportation. Chris the very nice and courteous shuttle driver became very annoyed because they never amended our taxi/ shuttle and he was waiting for us in the shuttle that was not available. It doesn't really matter there are multiple annoyances like the extremely crooked floor, lack of fridge or coffee maker, water damage on walls, cheap soap dispenser or the slab of coffee cake, the customer service wins as the worst I have ever come across. Pay attention to the reviews I wish company's scheduler had seen them.

• Stayed July 2013
FrontOfficeDirector, Manager at The Davenport Lusso, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Please accept our most sincere apologies for your recent experience. Although most comments we get about our property and service are contrary to yours, we do take this feedback very seriously. The appropriate department managers are aware of these details, and will surely take corrective action. We do empathize with your feelings regarding the panhandlers in the streets. This is a concern that is not taken lightly by the city as well. They have taken measures in the recent weeks to enforce laws against loitering and panhandling. As a result, we have already started to see progress with this issue. Aside from the issues that we cannot control, however, we do apologize. This is not the service that we pride ourselves on providing, and will use these comments to help strengthen our commitment to offering the very best in guest service. Thank you very much for your feedback, and we do hope that if given another opportunity, you will visit us again in the very near future.

Kind Regards ~
Coquitlam, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I travelled to Spokane with my daughter at the end of December. The drive down was rather harrowing, so I very much appreciated the friendly service and easy check in upon our arrival.

I had booked the hotel based on the reviews on trip advisor, and was not disappointed. It is a very cute, funky boutique hotel. Our room was wonderfully clean, and street parking was easy to find.

The only thing missing is some sort of breakfast opportunity at the hotel itself. There are places to eat nearby, so it wasn't a huge hardship, but being able to eat at the hotel would have made this a five start experience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Davenport Lusso? Share your experiences!