“Average food Average service” 3 of 5 stars
Review of scratch restaurant and rain lounge

scratch restaurant and rain lounge
1007 West 1st Avenue, Spokane, WA
509-456-5656
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
scratch restaurant and rain lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #88 of 770 Restaurants in Spokane
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Seattle, Washington
“Average food Average service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

The service was slow. We has the Ribeye Steak and Shrimp and Ultimate Seafood Trio. Both entrees were ok but nothing worth going back for.

Visited September 2013

Kalispell, Montana
“Pretencious”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

Went based on reviews. Overpriced. Tables too close together. Food below average. Menu not the same as their website. Guess I'm spoiled from eating in montana and LA!!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Walla Walla, WA
“Fresh and Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Wonderful fresh food at Scratch. Also, one of the only places open in the downtown area for lunch on a Tuesday, that isn't a chain restaurant. We were in town for a special event and wanted a nice lunch spot for family and friends to get together before heading home. My parents (who don't know tripadvisor) had dinner the night before and loved the food and the friendly staff. So, I was happy to know I picked a good spot for a celebration lunch. And, yes they were right the food was tasty and the staff very friendly. I had the halibut fish tacos with a ceaser salad, both yummy. The only change I would make is maybe add a spicy sauce to the taco's. But, I loved how fresh they were. The fish was perfectly cooked. I just personally love a bit of spice with tacos, so not a criticism but more a suggestion. Everyone enjoyed their meals. The location in downtown was perfect for us. When I am back in Spokane I will make a point to stop back in for a fantastic meal.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Spokane, Washington
“Incredible meal. Seriously worth your time.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Dear wife and both 20-something kids joined us for dinner. Unbelievably good food. No, Great food. I had the seafood trio, which consisted of a small Maine lobster tail, prawns and shrimp atop some perfectly done rice with a side of fresh green beans. PERFECT. Before that, we enjoyed some incredible breadsticks which were more of a pastry than bread; my son had a great crab chowder, which was so good he wouldn't share. Our margherita flatbread was outstanding. Dinners included a special of salmon for our daughter; duck for our son and citrus seared salmon for my wife. All were 'clean plates' by the end of the meal. AWESOME service, timely and understated. A nice wine list and reasonable prices. (Wednesdays at this time are half off on bottled wines). Dessert choices were nice, and we settled on donuts coated in cinnamon sugar or powdered sugar, with caramel, huckleberry, and chocolate sauces for dipping. Hot from the kitchen, these were as good as the dinner entrees.

Easily at this point the best meal in the city.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington
“Avoid, better value can be found elsewhere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I used groupon a 20 for 40 deal which helped, however portions are kinda small and the place is cramped, A waiter told me I was the first customer he hated because he had to fill up my water so many times after we had asked for a pitcher (he may have been trying to be funny) My wife had the hot pot which she like at first but it was too spicy, and I had the special which was Halibut on a scoop of rice with 5 snap peas (not filling at all) . Did i mention its kinda cramped in there...
Redeeming quality was the lighting and art work and our waitress was nice and prompt. For prices and quality you could go to Olive Garden get better(or similar) food and bigger portions and not have to talk quitely so the table next to you cant hear ever word and you dont bump them with your elbows lol.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere