“Stay away from this place” 1 of 5 stars

You added Airway Express Inn to your Saves list
3809 S Geiger Blvd, Spokane, WA 99224   |
Ranked #37 of 44 hotels in Spokane
Hermiston
“Stay away from this place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

We stayed there after finding their web site and the rooms looked really nice. Big mistake. First thing you notice is a sign by teh front desk saying that no refunds will be giving. And since you already used a credit card to reserve a room they have you. We had a dog so the room we stayed in looked like one which was rented by the hour. The toilet was filthy, carpets were unclean. No phone in the room which should tell you something. Walls were in need of attention. The room was the worse hotel room I have ever stayed in. This hotel should be condemed. The owners should be ashamed to offer a place like this to the public. I didn't know how the health department passed this place.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

6 people have reviewed this hotel

2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

Spokane is pretty Ghetto in general. Add creepiness and you have the Airway Express. I will give them credit for trying to keep costs down by leaving the prior residents soap in the shower for you to use ..:-/

• Stayed January 2011
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2010

We stayed at this motel for 2 nights and were generally pleased with the room and the price. Fairly clean large room with a comfortable bed. Booked the 1st night online so did get a discount & then paid for the second night at the desk. Strange set up for paying as you cannot use cash, must have credit card or debit. Apparently this motel is between owners so there maybe changes. Was not able to get into WiFi so not sure if it is even available there...desk not sure either...very strange. We would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Bellevue, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

I agree with the other reviews for the most part. The rooms are comfortable and well decorated. I didn't feel uncomfortable at all with the long term residents. We only slept and left as we were on a road trip. The couple things I would offer the owners are:
1) Whatever you use to clean/disinfect the bathrooms has a VERY strong, lingering hospital type of smell to it. Was a bit overpowering.
2) Could have used another pillow or two as the two on the bed were pretty soft.
3) As the weather was turning cold we turned on the heaters (which worked great) and they blew out a bit of dust as it was probably the first time since last winter they were used.

No major complaints. Comfortable and pleasantly appointed.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Walla Walla, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2010

One of the cheapest hotels in the area. It has been recently renovated and all of the retro charm has been kept outside. I love the signs. Inside it is quiet and comfortable with new everything. Nice new AC units, bathroom fixtures, furniture, paint, and a good bed that isn't a fishbowl. We didn't hear our neighbors through the wall but maybe they were just quiet. It's brick and single pane windows so it could be chilly in the winter but was great in the summer. There is WIFI but the signal was dicey around the room and maybe not enough bandwidth. It was too slow to stream a Netflix movie. It's just outside town to the west between the airport and the interstate next to a convenience store and gas station. Five minutes to downtown, two to the airport. We will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Western USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

When I pulled up, I saw that this is a rambling motel from the 50s. It was clean, well kept and seemed to be in pretty good shape. I walked into the lobby and the rooms were categorized as Thai this and Thai that at different prices, which was a little weird and then I had to sign a paper approving being charged if I broke or stole pillows, wall hangings, etc. This was a little weird, but I signed it.

I got into my room and it was beautiful. I realized why they had me sign the form. The room was decorated with decor from Thailand. It was tastefully done and had new furniture and an extremely comfortable bed with a new down comforter. I was impressed and will stay here again. I had the $49 room, but paid $10 less because I booked online.

The only thing that I didn't like was that there were many long term residents in lower quality rooms throughout the property so I didn't ever feel completely comfortable. I saw several of them sitting on their stoops, not doing anything wrong, just living, but it made me uncomfortable. I would not be even a little comfortable with this property if I had children with me.

The reason I am not staying there again is that their wifi bounced frmo 1 to 5 MPS. A good signal would run at 54 MPS. I had a strong connection, which meant that other people using the same connection were using it with video and other high demand uses.

If you are an adult looking for a GREAT room that is consistent with a room at twice the price and can deal with sketchy property, this is the perfect place for you.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

Been to Airway Express Inn? Share your experiences!