“Terrible Experience” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Cedar Village Motel

Cedar Village Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Spokane
Cedar Village Motel
You added Cedar Village Motel to your Saves list
5415 W Sunset Hwy, Spokane, WA 99224   |
Ranked #29 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Lumberton, Texas
“Terrible Experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

We decided to stay here (Sunday night) because the outside looked cute and cozy and the rates were lower ($65) than the Holiday Inn next door ($129). We had to be at the airport very early and it was close to the hotel and looked much nicer than the scary looking motels down the street. The one positive thing I will say is that the manager who checked us in (Jan I think) was super friendly and really pleasant.

We checked into room 109 and it smelled like smoke when we opened the door (we are traveling with a toddler and infant). The deadbolt had been ripped off the front door, and there were shady people running around outside which didn't make me feel comfortable given that my room didn't have a deadbolt or top lock, just the lock on the doorknob.

The furniture was very old and outdated. The TV was probably from the 80's (although there was cable and HBO). We had a room with two beds and the bed near the bathroom sinks in the middle and was extremely uncomfortable. The heating vent in the bathroom was covered in rust, and there was no counter space in the bathroom. In the shower there was no ledge or anywhere you could set your soap or shampoo so I had to set it on the toilet lid.

We were not give the wifi password when we checked in, and so when my husband logged onto his computer to get work completed for his job, we realized we didn't have the password but because it was after 10pm no one answered the phone to the lobby when we called to ask for the password.

Lastly, you can hear all the cars that drive by on the fairly busy road the motel is located on.

I would never stay here again, nor would I ever recommend it to a friend.

Stayed April 2014
JoanOCedar, Owner at Cedar Village Motel, responded to this review, September 4, 2014
We apologize that you did not find your stay here as comfortable as we strive for all of our guest to experience. Yes, occasionally we have the rogue tenant that, despite our efforts, chooses to smoke in our rooms. It's a daily battle, but we do ionize rooms at the first notification of an offender.
Mattresses happen to be on order here this week as well!
We do appreciate you taking the time to give a review . Constructive criticism can be very helpful. Happy travels :)

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Nelson, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

This is a quirky old time motel, like the auto court my mom and dad owned in the 1950s. I felt right at home. It is clean and quiet. I like the retro decor. Most of all, I like the prices which are about $50 for a room per night.

Another plus is you can park your car here free for a couple of weeks while you travel. And it is right across the road from the Park-and-Ride place from where you can catch a minivan to the airport.

The owner/operators are helpful and charming. Great value. I much preferred it to the pricey Holiday Inn next door, where I stayed a few years ago for about triple the price.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Spokane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

If anyone read the Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd you might find a kind of similar oasis sans the honey at Cedar Village. The owner and the manager are like the kind of mothers everyone wishes they had. This is a nurturing place set back in the woods from a busy highway. For the most part things work. But this is like camping in a rustic place. We found safety and sanctuary here when we needed it most. They are pet friendly and the grounds are large and lots of grassy areas for walking. Fresh coffee daily and the kitchen has a full size refrigerator at least in some units. There is WiFi and good TV reception with HBO. The bed was just fine and we were able to stay here happily for over a month at a time we needed it most. I can't say enough good things about the value. The longer you stay the less the fee so that for a one bedroom unit we paid about $1000 and that included everything we needed as well as 2x a week refreshing of our unit and weekly linen change. Like I said..a nice place.

Room Tip: Ask for the one bedroom unit or a larger unit unless you are just staying a night or two. There is a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This hotel is a bit shopworn and older. I LIKE that. It's not the Super8...each room is unique and the decor varies. I chuckled over the sconces that were installed upside down, no doubt to provide more light for the money. The TV is not a modern flat screen, but the same crap is on cable whether you have a fancy tv or an older one. The room was QUIET and the trees surrounding the motel made the whole stay more relaxing. Very little road noise and close to the airport.

Room Tip: If you are low maintenance and frugal, this is a great place. If you want "4 stars" then...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Bloomington, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

HORRIBLE! DIRTY! I recently took a trip to Spokane and stayed at Cedar Village Motel for 2 nights. I checked the bedding on my bed and discovered a dirty spot on the sheet. I called the front desk, she hestitated and handed the sheets to me without changing them. BAD SERVICE (NO SERVICE)! I do not recommend this motel nor will I ever stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Great Falls, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

I like this place because it is different than the "clinical" settings of the avg motel. The rooms are cozy and clean. The staff does not tolerate parties or "working girls" so you will never have to worry about staying next to, after one, of them. Very quite and reasonable prices. Great airport and downtown accessibility. Near stores and highway.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family