“Great Budget Motel near Spokane Airport” 5 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Spokane
Cedar Village Motel
You added Cedar Village Motel to your Saves list
5415 W Sunset Hwy, Spokane, WA 99224   |
Ranked #27 of 43 Hotels in Spokane
Nelson, Canada
“Great Budget Motel near Spokane Airport”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

This is a quirky old time motel, like the auto court my mom and dad owned in the 1950s. I felt right at home. It is clean and quiet. I like the retro decor. Most of all, I like the prices which are about $50 for a room per night.

Another plus is you can park your car here free for a couple of weeks while you travel. And it is right across the road from the Park-and-Ride place from where you can catch a minivan to the airport.

The owner/operators are helpful and charming. Great value. I much preferred it to the pricey Holiday Inn next door, where I stayed a few years ago for about triple the price.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Spokane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

If anyone read the Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd you might find a kind of similar oasis sans the honey at Cedar Village. The owner and the manager are like the kind of mothers everyone wishes they had. This is a nurturing place set back in the woods from a busy highway. For the most part things work. But this is like camping in a rustic place. We found safety and sanctuary here when we needed it most. They are pet friendly and the grounds are large and lots of grassy areas for walking. Fresh coffee daily and the kitchen has a full size refrigerator at least in some units. There is WiFi and good TV reception with HBO. The bed was just fine and we were able to stay here happily for over a month at a time we needed it most. I can't say enough good things about the value. The longer you stay the less the fee so that for a one bedroom unit we paid about $1000 and that included everything we needed as well as 2x a week refreshing of our unit and weekly linen change. Like I said..a nice place.

Room Tip: Ask for the one bedroom unit or a larger unit unless you are just staying a night or two. There is a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This hotel is a bit shopworn and older. I LIKE that. It's not the Super8...each room is unique and the decor varies. I chuckled over the sconces that were installed upside down, no doubt to provide more light for the money. The TV is not a modern flat screen, but the same crap is on cable whether you have a fancy tv or an older one. The room was QUIET and the trees surrounding the motel made the whole stay more relaxing. Very little road noise and close to the airport.

Room Tip: If you are low maintenance and frugal, this is a great place. If you want "4 stars" then...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Bloomington, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

HORRIBLE! DIRTY! I recently took a trip to Spokane and stayed at Cedar Village Motel for 2 nights. I checked the bedding on my bed and discovered a dirty spot on the sheet. I called the front desk, she hestitated and handed the sheets to me without changing them. BAD SERVICE (NO SERVICE)! I do not recommend this motel nor will I ever stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Spokane, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

I like this place because it is different than the "clinical" settings of the avg motel. The rooms are cozy and clean. The staff does not tolerate parties or "working girls" so you will never have to worry about staying next to, after one, of them. Very quite and reasonable prices. Great airport and downtown accessibility. Near stores and highway.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Been to Cedar Village Motel? Share your experiences!