“Seemed to have passed their peak” 1 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #41 of 693 Restaurants in Spokane
Cuisines: European
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Doing business
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Breakfast & lunch every day from 9am-3pm. Social hour 3-6pm. Dinner service nightly 5pm-close. French techniques, Northwest products. Eat globally / Act locally...... A Votre Sante
Lethbridge, Canada
“Seemed to have passed their peak”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

We ate at Sante about this time last year and really liked it. In fact, we booked ahead for this trip when we were in Coeur D'alene so we wouldn't miss out. We had the Charcuterie board last year and it was great ... this time the meats tasted old, bordering on rancid ... not nearly as good.

We ordered pork tenderloin and beef steak as our entrees. The beef that my spouse had was tasty, but very tough ... not a great cut of meat. The pork tenderloin would have been a good meal, but it was spoiled by the fact that we had to share a steak knife (that's correct one knife), and I spent the majority of my meal with an empty wine glass. We went in to complain and the waiter finally came out and said that they're really short-staffed and that they're not usually this bad. I'd say overall it's a pretty pathetic effort.

If you want to charge big league prices then you have to staff with pros. If you can't get the staff, then please don't seat people and ignore them and be surprised when they're disappointed in the service. It feels to me like this place won't last long ... unrealistically presumptuous and offering poor service. There are many better options available in Spokane!

Visited August 2013

Spokane, Washington, United States
“Carefully, artistically and deliously prepared food, served by professional and pleasant people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I have had lunch many times at Sante since it opens in 2008, with co-workers, friends, and family. Always impressed with the food quality and services. I was told that almost all ingredients they serve besides vegetables are made in-house, which shows in the taste from the menu items. My favorites are grilled cheese and shirred eggs. Tofu and vegetable is not my favorite, the grilled tofu tastes a bit bland in my opinion. Great ambience, and great services, whether I was there for a cup of tea or lunch. I haven't tried their dinner yet but a friend of mine told me that she loved it. I believe her.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bismarck, ND
“Local Fresh Menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Nice small restaurant that focuses on fresh local foods and meats. I had a very good spinach salad and a duck entrée. Was with a group of 8 and all had something different on the menu and all were very satisfied.

Visited July 2013
Kentucky
“Good - But Trying A Little Too Hard”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Sante was a good choice, the dried meats and cheeses were very good. The service was impeccable. The chilled melon soup was acceptable but unremarkable. But, something was a little off - it seemed like a restaurant struggling to find its identity. It struck all of us as if the restaurant was taking the organic/farm fresh movement to the extreme, almost like a scene from a movie. We enjoyed our experience, but diners should be prepared for a restaurant that tries so hard to be unique that it comes across as awkward.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Washington, D.C.
“Special place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I wanted to try Sante thanks to other Tripadvisor reviews. And a friend who was part of our group is a chef who enjoys charcuterie. I can barely say it! I had the house-made ravioli (can be made either veggie or with meat). It was excellent. Others said their spinach salads, with locally made goat cheese, was superb, along with the smoked duck. And the chocolate dessert was a chocolate lovers dream--yes, my dream! Definitely lots of locally sourced food, with many specialties, such as the smoked and preserved meats, made in-house. Service varies, at times attentive, at others rather laid back. So I missed going to the independently-owned bookstore and crafts co-op that night. Though do go to them, too! Although any attire will fine here, and casual is fine, the prices are a bit higher than the usual two $$.

• Visited June 2013