“Special place” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #70 of 769 Restaurants in Spokane
Cuisines: European
Description: Breakfast & lunch every day from 9am-3pm. Social hour 3-6pm. Dinner service nightly 5pm-close. French techniques, Northwest products. Eat globally / Act locally...... A Votre Sante
Washington, D.C.
“Special place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I wanted to try Sante thanks to other Tripadvisor reviews. And a friend who was part of our group is a chef who enjoys charcuterie. I can barely say it! I had the house-made ravioli (can be made either veggie or with meat). It was excellent. Others said their spinach salads, with locally made goat cheese, was superb, along with the smoked duck. And the chocolate dessert was a chocolate lovers dream--yes, my dream! Definitely lots of locally sourced food, with many specialties, such as the smoked and preserved meats, made in-house. Service varies, at times attentive, at others rather laid back. So I missed going to the independently-owned bookstore and crafts co-op that night. Though do go to them, too! Although any attire will fine here, and casual is fine, the prices are a bit higher than the usual two $$.

• Visited June 2013

83% Recommend
Houston
“Sante Restaurant & Charcuterie - Merci No!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

While it seems the restaurant would be nice with white table cloths and a case full of dried meat and related product, and with a laptop bar adjacent to the adjacent book store, all seemed well. I ordered the coffee...among the worst I have had. The coffee was dark roast, and the only one they had. It was exceptionally sharp acidic and burnt tasting. Not one to complain, I went to the bookstore asking if they served coffee. They said no, but the restaurant could help you. I said, no, the coffee is horrible. A customer told me to go to Atticus, a block away. I returned to the restaurant cashier on my way out and asked for an ice tea instead, telling her the coffee was not acceptable. She gave me an ice tea, a heavily minted tea. I threw that in the trash also, on my way to Atticus. The food might be great, but the coffee and tea were not. I did go to Atticus...it was great!

• 1 of 5 stars Food
Auburn, California
“Wow - delightfull and tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We happened across this restaurant while visiting Spokane. The charcuterie was excellent.. Service amusing and entertaining.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Our favorite place - hands down”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I ate at Sante again last night. The Sangria was the best I've ever had. We ordered a pork ravioli that my husband swears was the best ravioli he ever tasted. We always get the chaurcuterie plate. We also had a yummy Hence Syrah, the beef neck and halibut. Both meals were totally delectable. Having eaten here several times and experienced a chef's "kitchen table", we trust the chef to unquestionably keep us happy with anything we order here every time we return.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fridley, Minnesota
“Great food and service - treat yourself.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

We (5 adults, 1 child) were in town for a family gathering and read good reviews about this restaurant.

The Food: Everything we ate (4 charcuterie and small dishes, 3 entrees, 1 salad, 1 soup, 1 child's meal) ranged from good to wow. This is a restaurant that aspires to fine dining and the risk of doing so is coming up with a disappointing plate - but not a one in our group. There were some sublime flavors going on there and this was a group of diners with some experience in cooking and fine food from around the country and the world. Lots of options on the menu and we ate fish, pork and vegetarian dishes to satisfy the vegetarians and carnivores in our group.

The Service: Very friendly and helpful, from the original phone reservation to the explanation of the menu to the description of what was on the plate before you. Two niggles. We needed to keep track of our server a couple times when we needed something - not a major deal on a busy night and this is not an expensive place where you expect someone at your side every moment. The other thing, it took quite some time for our entree order to be brought out - they did come around to say it would be coming soon, but we were wondering if something didn't work out and they had to start over. When the food did make it to the table, it was all very good, no-one had a cold entree or any other problem. With this level of attention to food, I feel like you put yourself on "European time" and make the meal an event. If we had been in a hurry to have a good meal and then go to a show or another activity, we would not have been happy.

The Value: For this level of food, I think the prices were very reasonable. I'm amazed how much you can end up paying at the popular franchises for a meal and our supper here wasn't that much more for much "better" (sourcing, imagination, preparation) food. I would say you are paying for the food here - service was good, but not what you pay for in a "fancy" (stuffy) restaurant and the facility was comfortable but no-one spent a mint on it either.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere