“Very nice, with a couple of caveats” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #8 of 43 Hotels in Spokane
Fairview, Oregon
“Very nice, with a couple of caveats”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We stayed two separate nights. The property is very nice overall. Loved our rooms, very good amenities, and the breakfast was good. Two problems: The walls aren't sound-proof. We could hear people in the next room pretty clearly. Also, they didn't have our on-line reservation the first night; it finally showed up the next morning. We booked another night 4 days later; that reservation showed up.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Carol B, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Spokane, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thank you for your review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and found your room. amenities and breakfast to your liking. I apologize for the reservation difficulties. Our system was not working properly but it has been fixed. We hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Moses Lake
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Excellent hotel to stay in...we truly enjoyed the night and slept well. The only negative was that the outdoor pool was very cold.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

We appreciate your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and found our hotel excellent and had a good nights sleep. I apologize for the cold pool. Our temperature should be set at 72 degrees. I will definitely check on that. We look forward to your return.
CASHMERE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Thought I had made a reservation online. Was in a hurry so did not print a confirmation. Arrived at hotel, they had no reservation for us but said they had rooms available. Because we had a little dog we got a room (107) on the first floor which was great. Unfortunatly it was on the side with the road and the airport plane noise. We got very little sleep. Otherwise, the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Besides the noise I was a little disappointed with the staff. I was checking in when Richard received a phone call of someone wanting a reservation. I waited while other staff wandered in and out but never offered to finish checking me in. I waited quite a long time while he was on the phone. We had driven all day and just wanted to go to our room. I just felt the staff at this hotel could have been alittle more concerned with customer service.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side away from the road and airport. Very noisy on that side.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
GLOUCESTER
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Whow! Where to start? In all my travels this one has to be screaming the loudest for a major management overhaul. The hotel is nice enough for the price, and clean, and comfortable, and convenient to the airport. No restaurant though, so be prepared to drive or order take out. The great, big, nasty problem is a lack of staff, staff training and first and foremost management. I really dislike making these reviews long and drawn out, but this one is a story in itself. I arrived around 4pm on July 5 - a busy holiday weekend. I had booked online for a room for 3 people at a cost of $135.36 including taxes. I asked the desk to send up a rollaway bed for the third person, was told this would be an additional $10.00. Sometime after 7pm I called down to the desk again to ask for the rollaway again. It arrived within the hour. Sometime after 11 pm directly under our window a party started outdoors next to the pool area. This went on for about 20 minutes with what would be usual party noises made by people who had been drinking for awhile. Very loud and extremely disruptive to anyone trying to sleep. I called the desk around 11:30 and got a young lady who seemed herself to be very upset by all the disruption. She told me she was trying to reach a manager to find out what to do. I asked her if she was in charge. She said yes. I said "if you are in charge then why haven't you been taught to deal with situations like this?" Her reply was " a coworker told me to ignore it unless someone complained". About 20 minutes later she called back and said she had reached a manager and was told to shut off the lights in the lobby at 12 pm. I asked her if the hotel had security of any kind = answer NO. After another 15 minutes or so without any change in the party I called the desk again. This one really blows my mind. Her response was she was trying but they were also paying guests. WHOW!! I am a guest trying to get what I came there for - some good rest!! So, you can imagine that I was pretty mad by now. I put my clothes on and went downstairs to deal with the issue myself. Now picture this. I am 5'2" and 63 years old and I am MAD!! I found the partiers just outside the elevator and told them enough was enough. Guess what? They apologized - end of party. Next morning we went downstairs for their free buffet breakfast. It looked to be quite nice for the price except that there were no eggs and almost no potatoes. I went again to the desk and was told someone would bring more right away. 20 minutes later when no eggs arrived, I went to the desk again and the clerk was on the phone with another guest. The guest wanted a bellhop and was told that the bell hop was also the kitchen staff and when she finished fixing the breakfast she would be up to help them with their luggage.
At no time during my stay did I ever see more than one person at reception, so that leads me to think that there was never more than two people running this entire hotel and on a holiday weekend! I will never, ever go back, and I wouldn't recommend that anyone else does until their management problems are solved. At the current rate, they are going to run their nice little hotel into the ground just to save a few dollars on staffing and training.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for room that isn't under the pool area.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Carol B, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Spokane, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments. I would like to apologize for your dissatisfaction on your recent stay. Please know that your issues with our staff have been addressed. You are right, the staff should have been trained on how to handle difficult situations and guest. As far as security, we do have the airport police patrolling our property frequently. After 10:00pm everyone should be quiet. That is why our spa and pool close at 10:00pm. Again I am so sorry for the inconvenience that you had to endure. Please accept my apology and know this problem will be handled.

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Spokane? Share your experiences!