“Recommended for flying out of Spokane” 5 of 5 stars

Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #8 of 45 Hotels in Spokane
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Oxford, MI
“Recommended for flying out of Spokane”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

I have stayed here a couple times for business. It's perfect for flying out if Spokane. The shuttle takes you where you need to go and it's within walking distance of the airport if you'd rather do that. Rooms are clean and the staff is nice.

• Stayed February 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Sandpoint, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

I have been staying at the Wingate hotel for a few years when I have an early morning flight out of Spokane &/or a late arriving flight in. The staff is always professional and prompt with airport pick-up, check-in, etc. The breakfast buffet is adequate and has enough variety to satisfy most everyone. The rooms are spacious, the beds are very comfortable and the linens are smooth and fresh smelling. I believe that Wingate by Wyndham is the best bang for the buck when I need to stay the night at the Spokane airport. You won't be dissatisfied.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Moscow, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

Here's the deal. I had been looking for a park and fly alternative to staying at the Spokane Airport Ramada because the Ramada rooms are small, it is spread out like a military base barracks complex and the last time we stayed there, we were put in a room next to the noisy, chlorine-smelling water slide and pool area. And also, for some reason, my credit card # was compromised. I have no idea how or by whom. Hopefully not at the hotel. But I found out because someone charged another night's stay at the same place using my number!

So I decided to check out the Wingate as an option. The rates were reasonable, the rooms were newer, the breakfast sounded good (even though it was not going at 4:30 a.m. when I had to check out for my flight) and I thought it was a good alternative.

All was fine until I returned from my trip and used my phone to call for the free shuttle back to the hotel. I was told by a not-very pleasant desk clerk that the shuttle was not running (this was at a reasonable time of night by the way) and that I could either take a cab and they would reimburse me or I could walk the 2-3 blocks with my bags to the hotel. She was not helpful.

There were no cabs around, so I got on a phone that said "taxis" and called. I was told it would be at least 20 minutes. Not good. I was anxious to get home. So I called the clerk back and told her what was happening. She again was not pleasant, said there should be cabs right there at the airport and when I told her there were not, she gave me directions for walking to the hotel. I had to walk in the street part of the way, finally made it there and saw the shuttle parked by the front door. I asked the young woman what the problem was and she told me there was no driver for the van. I told her this was not really acceptable and she continued to be a bit nasty. So I decided I would deal with it later.

Here's the good part, and why the hotel gets a high rating. I followed up with a call and ended up speaking with the sales manager (I think). She immediately apologized for the clerk's behavior and the situation and assured me she would compensate me for my being inconvenienced. Shortly thereafter I received vouchers in the mail from her for two free nights at the Wingate in one of their suites. My wife and I have already used one night and enjoyed our stay. The free breakfast was hot and good and we still have one night to go.

This is how hotels should always handle situations like this. The Wingate management did the right thing (I hope they scolded the clerk) and now we have a new favorite park and fly hotel in Spokane.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

This hotel had quick check-in, huge room, and did not charge an extra arm and leg for our pet. Extremely impressed with our stay. About a mile drive to drive through food and the breakfast in the morning was adequate.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the end of the hall. They are larger.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Trail, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

We travel to Mexico frequently, and always stay at the Wingate in Spokane with the Park and Fly. The Motel is within walking distance of the terminal, but of course they have a shuttle. The staff is always very courteous, and welcomes you back home. The rooms are very modern and the beds are comfortable, it is very good place to recharge after a long flight. There is also a continental breakfast waiting for you in the morning.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

We spent one night . We left the truck there and had transportation to the airport(very close) We returned three weeks later, were picked up by the shuttle and taken right to our truck. No parking fee.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
British Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

Stayed here for the first time and were very pleased. Very nice hotel…very pleasant staff. We were flying to Vegas and were able to park for free (parking is free for one week - $10/week after). Partial hot breakfast really was a hot breakfast. ..it included scrambled eggs, sausage patties, hash brown patties, ability to make French toast plus all the usual continental items. Could not hear airport, but could hear person above (would stay on 3rd floor next time). We chose to take the shuttle to the airport, then chose to walk back when we got in to Spokane airport as it was very close. I am a bath person, so appreciated the sloped back bath. Directions on their web site made it very easy to find, plus Rusty Moose restaurant was literally straight down the road so no driving around in the dark searching for a place to eat.

Room Tip: Stay on third floor.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Spokane? Share your experiences!