“Great option! Excellent menu and service!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
Riverton, Utah
“Great option! Excellent menu and service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

Completely agree with the positive reviews that steered me here. Would highly recommend and would dine here again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

70% Recommend
midwest
“Good food, fun atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

The desk clerk in our hotel recommended this restaurant, so we tried it. There are lots of choices on the menu. Our group had salads, sandwiches, and burgers. Everyone enjoyed their meal.

Visited July 2012
Tacoma, Washington
“Both times were just okay..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

The only reason we visited the Rusty Moose a second time was because of the location relative to our house at the time. If not for that, I doubt we would have returned. The atmosphere is cute; rustic cabin feel. There is plenty to look at inside, almost like an old Applebee's restaurant but more rustic. The food, however, is just OKAY. If you must go, order breakfast. That seemed to be much safer. I ordered strawberry crepes during my first visit and that was alright. Nothing overly amazing. The second time really did it for me when I ordered the Reuben sandwich. Yuck. I like rye bread, but their rye bread was just awful. Way too dark and dry for my liking. I had to choke it down because I was starving and I probably should have just sent it back.
Needless to say, from my experience, you are much better off finding a Subway than eating here.

Dallas
“Best in Class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We arrived at our hotel at the Spokane Airport in the early afternoon. Our flight wasn't until the next morning, and we had dinner to attend to. The Airport is amid a vast wasteland of semi-industrial nothingness on the southwest edge of Spokane, and the only food resources within five miles were the other hotels that had restaurants. We all know about those. So we ran the traps online and came up with the Rusty Moose. It was modestly well regarded by reviewers, so we opted for the 1.7 mile trek over to their location, and rolled the dice. (Make sure of your directions, because the streets leaving the airport are fairly rigid about turnaround opportunities...slip up and you find yourself on I-90 headed for Idaho.)

Absolutely superior in every respect. Even the simple, but delicate, and hard to execute well, buffalo mozzarella, basil and sliced tomato salad, with a balsamic reduction, called the Caprese, was excellent!

Good draft beer, and the waiter asked if the iced tea needed some extra side-ice even before we asked!

For the entree, we both had a skillet-style presentation of beef medallions in a mushroom reduction. It was prepared to exacting, medium rare specifications, and was delightfully tender. The sides were equally tasty.

All of this love was not for lack of comparables over the last several days: we were easing out of a five day vacation trip that included several memorably good meals. This place was just that good, at least on this particular night.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thompson Falls, Montana
“Great food and even better service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We got to go to the Rusty Moose for a recent class reunion gathering. The staff was off the charts good. The food was delicious. The bar served ice cold beers and perfect temperature wine. The newly decorated lounge is very cool! If you're out by the Spokane Airport for any reason, make this place a go to stop for dining.

Visited July 2012