“WOW !!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ruby2

You added Ruby2 to your Saves list
Ruby2
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   123 South Post Street, Central Business District, Spokane, WA 99201 (Formerly Howard Johnson)   |
Ranked #22 of 45 Hotels in Spokane
Salt Lake City, Utah
“WOW !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

What a perfect little find n the edge of downtown Spokane, completely walkable to ALL of what Spokane has to offer.
This renovated old style classic motor lodge, has transformed its self into a hip urban oasis, without being painfully so. It has just the right amount of hip urban atmosphere while remaining comfortable & practical .
The room was simple basic clean and functional .Bathroom tastefully updated and designed in a modern chic style, bright and clean.
The staff were wonderfully accommodating, and knowledgeable of local interests.
Breakfast was rather simple, but a perfect way to get you woke up and out the door.
I really enjoyed my stay, and would highly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Spokane, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed at the Ruby2 and the rooms are very nice. Super clean, comfortable beds, my complaint was the sun came through under the curtains and into room. The room was quite even with train close by. There are ear plugs in room if needed. The bathroom was nice and we really liked the shower.

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Coeur d Alene, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2015

We stayed here to attend a concert nearby at the Fox Theatre. Best bed I've ever slept on in a hotel (I want to find out where they got their beds and comforters). You cannot beat the location and price to walk all over downtown. Good parking. Within walking distance to concert venues, restaurants and pubs. Older hotel, but completely refurbished. They have free breakfast and a nice breakfast room with coffee and other items, but we ended up not eating there. This hotel is right next to a train line, which may bother some, but I was surprised how quiet the room was, and had no problem sleeping. Coffee or hot water pot in the room would be my only suggestion. We chose a 2nd floor room and it was good.

Room Tip: We had a room on 2nd floor. Even though property is close to train, room was quiet. Bed was to die f...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2015

We stayed there the night of a big show at The Fox, and some people may not be thrilled with it, but I personally liked the no smoking policy where the smokers had to walk to the other side of the parking lot to do it. Nothing against smokers, I am just an ex smoker that is really sensitive to the smlell. Anyhow, I was surprised at how clean, safe feeling, quiet and welcoming this hotel was. I would like to stay at The Ruby, the original one, to compare, but they were booked. The front desk ladies were very courteous. The Sapphire lounge was also a nice addition. The complimentary breakfast was a little blah, but the coffee was good. I would suggest adding some fruit to the offerings. Over all, if you're needing a comfy place in downtown Spokane, I can definitely recommend Ruby 2. The price was very reasonable, too.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Corvallis, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2015

Recently refurbished 52 unit hotel just offf I 90...what a delightful surprise! Recently refurbished, with local artists used to provide the huge exterior art pieces... and clean, comfy room furnishings. We booked thru booking.com (sorry travel,advisor!). But was so pleased by the friendly staff and the warm, artsy feel of the place, I decided to share the news. Definately an excellent price point and highly recommend for the road weary traveler!

Room Tip: Three story hotel, can't tell if some rooms are better than others
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2015

I just booked for our 4th stay in 12 months at Ruby2. We prefer Ruby2 over Ruby. It's quieter (other than the train, but that doesn't bother us since we live near one) and you have a better shot at getting a parking spot near your room. We stay there when attending a concert or show in downtown Spokane. We've lucked out and been in a remodeled room each time we've stayed. I do ask just to be sure - twice they were nice enough to switch us to the newer room. The rooms are clean, the beds are very comfortable, the pillows are nice, the shampoo/soap/etc are good quality. Last time we stayed the breakfast room was being remodeled so we needed to make the 1 block walk to Ruby for a hard boiled egg, cold cereal, juice and coffee. They also had make-your-own waffles, toast, milk. Wish there was fresh fruit. We've had a coffee maker in the rooms we stayed in. Daughter and friends stayed there a couple weeks ago and they also had one.

Overall, I highly recommend Ruby2 if you're attending an event in downtown Spokane or just want to spend a couple days enjoying the park, shopping, eateries, etc.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2015

Great location at a great price. The rooms are all freshly remodelled. Seems like virtually everything is brand new. Comfortable bed, even had a little fridge. The only downside to it was that it was kinda close to the train tracks, so you do end up hearing them passing, but after a couple went by I had tuned them out completely. On the whole , a good experience, and I'd probably stay there again. Although, I don't know when I'll be returning to Spokane.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Ruby2? Share your experiences!