“Wish that I booked a double-bed room” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #17 of 43 Hotels in Spokane
VA
“Wish that I booked a double-bed room”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel twice. I called the hotel to inform them my late arrival (the front desk did take my name) for my first stay. I arrived just before 1:00 am. I was given a room right opposite to the elevator. I was waked up by the elevator noises five hours later, as expected. It was partly my fault for not asking to change to another room. On the second stay, I checked in at 6:00 pm. But the front desk did not give me a good room, either. Okay, it was a small improvement, one floor up and one room further away from the elevator. I could still hear the elevator noises. I told the front desk manager about my first stay and I am a Marriott Gold member. Perhaps, I would get better rooms if I booked a double-bed room. Who knows! I would stay at another hotel next time.

Room Tip: Courtyard next door is much better.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Shannon D, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Spokane Downtown, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time for responding to your stay with us. First I would like to personally apologize for your frustrations with your room during your stay. We do strive to meet all of our guests requests that are in the reservation notes at the trime of booking. We do however have some rooms that are near the elevator and we try to only use those when we have no other options left and the hotel is full.

We value your Gold Member loyalty to Marriott and if you would give us the chance again I am sure we make your accomidations much more appealing! Please don't ever hesitate to ask the guest service agent to help you if you are not happy, after all that is our goal and we will always do what we can to ensure our guests are happy and comfortable.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Walla Walla, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed our recent stay at this hotel. The location is very near to the city center...Riverfront park and many excellent restaurants. We found the room to be clean and tidy, the service to be excellent and the morning breakfast very good. The only problem we had was that the bed itself was a bit too firm for us. Otherwise, this is a fantastic Spokane Hotel!

Room Tip: There is a Perkins restaurant on site. However, we would recommend walking two blocks to enjoy one o...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
I would like to thank you for taking the time to respond to your expereince while staying with us. I am always thrilled to receive feedback on our guests stay!

We take pride in offering our guests the most exceptional service for a worry free stay. I hope that the next time you are in Spokane you will choose to stay with us again as we look forward to seeing you!
Trail, BC, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Decided to just show up in Spokane for a weekend getaway without booking a room. This looked like a good location close to eating & drinking spots. The desk greeting was cordial and the price was right so we booked a room. The rooms appear to be have redone recently so that was a nice surprise with a king size comfy bed. No traffic noise. The breakfast was decent and was kept well stocked even though the hotel was full of kid hockey teams. We will be back

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Shannon D, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Spokane Downtown, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
First of all I would like to say thank you for choosing to stay with us. I was very happy to read your kind comments about your stay and breakfast. It is great when my staff and I get to read the great comments from our guests. It truly makes our day and makes us want to continue to strive for our guests to enjoy a comfortable and relaxing stay with us.

We hope to see you again in the future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I booked a room here for my family and I to stay the night before a morning flight out of Spokane airport. The location is not super convenient to the airport (about 20 minutes) but they have a flat fee cab service for $20 pre-negotiated. All I had to do was let the front desk know what time I needed to be at the airport and they arranged it for me. Plus it's downtown near lots of good restaurants.

The rooms are nice and seem to be recently renovated. The bathroom was very clean; the tub/shower especially white. The two queen beds were comfy and had lots of feather pillows. My wife and I were very comfortable along with my two children ages 13 and 11.

But the best part of this entire experience was the super friendly staff at check in. The young lady (can't remember her name, but she was from Houston, TX - I remember because we had a nice conversation about my home town San Antonio), was so helpful and pleasant. We had to catch a 6AM flight, so she put together a nice package with breakfast foods and fruits for my family to take with us in the morning. So thoughtful, and so appreciated!

This is an outstanding example of superior customer service. Thank you Fairfield Inn Spokane Downtown for making our journey a little nicer. We'll definitely return the next time we're in Spokane.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay, we truly appreciate it. Our main goal here at the Fairfield Inn an Suites it to make sure that our guest have a wonderful and relaxing stay. I was so delighted to hear that you seemed to truly enjoy your experience with us.

Also it is appreciated when an associate is recognized for going above and beyond. Jessica is a wonderful asset to us and I will be sure to pass on the kind comments you spoke about her.

We hope to see you again in the future!
Mount Vernon, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stayed in the hotel the weekend of the Apple Cup game, so it was very busy but that did not seem to cause a problem for the property. The hotel is great value, clean, quiet, comfortable, clean, hope to stay their again on next stay in Spokane.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Shannon D, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Spokane Downtown, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you so much for the great response. We love to hear feedback from our guests, and yours was great to hear! So glad you had a great stay and we look forward to seeing on your next visit!
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Booked and pre-paid a king room for $109, great rate! Rooms were very clean and roomy. Hot breakfast was more than expected. Good location. Friendly service. They even provide hair conditioner which is always a plus!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
So happy to hear that you had a "Great Stay", we always strive to make all of our guests stay a wonderful experience! Please come and visit us again.
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Nice, clean hotel, worthy of the Marriott name. Rates are very good and rooms are nice. Breakfast has lots of hot items and good variety. The staff was very helpful. Just a short walk across the street to the WSU campus.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Wow, so nice to hear such wonderful comments. Thank you so much for your kind words. We hope to see you again in the future!

Been to Fairfield Inn Spokane Downtown? Share your experiences!