“Great place to stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 46 hotels in Spokane
Florida
“Great place to stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Booked and pre-paid a king room for $109, great rate! Rooms were very clean and roomy. Hot breakfast was more than expected. Good location. Friendly service. They even provide hair conditioner which is always a plus!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Shannon D, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Spokane Downtown, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
So happy to hear that you had a "Great Stay", we always strive to make all of our guests stay a wonderful experience! Please come and visit us again.

100 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Nice, clean hotel, worthy of the Marriott name. Rates are very good and rooms are nice. Breakfast has lots of hot items and good variety. The staff was very helpful. Just a short walk across the street to the WSU campus.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Wow, so nice to hear such wonderful comments. Thank you so much for your kind words. We hope to see you again in the future!
Gig Harbor, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

We spent two nights here recently and had a wonderful stay. All the staff we had contact with were extremely friendly and helpful. The room was clean and updated with a large flat screen tv, mini fridge and microwave. The bathroom was updated nicely also, we liked the decor. The only complaint I have is that the beds were too hard. We only got to try the complimentary breakfast one of the mornings we stayed but it was well done. We got to breakfast late and it looked like there had been some more hot food available earlier but we found plenty to eat and the woman running it was very friendly and was keeping everything running smoothly. I also wanted to say Katrina in housekeeping was especially helpful and friendly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to respond to your stay with us. We truly appriciate the wonderful comments and I was very pleased to hear Terry and Katrina were so wonderful during your stay. We hope that if you return to Spokane you will come and visit us again!
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

While I have to admit that we are 'Marriott' fans, this was the first time we had stayed at a Fairfield (part of the Marriott chain) property. This property, for the price, was extremely pleasant, clean, comfortable & above all, very welcoming. Situated within walking distance to downtown Spokane & located near the river, (good for walks) it was quiet! The Breakfast was OK, nothing special but adequate although I wish the hotel ( & other similar hotels that offer a free breakfast) would stop using styrofoam plates & plastic cutlery (Not very environmentally responsible!)
Would certainly stay there again

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Shannon D, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Spokane Downtown, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thank you for your response. We always appriciate hearing feedback from our guests. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hopefully we have made you a fan of our hotel as well as the Fairfield Inn & Suites brand.

I would be happy to look into seeing if we can get some sort of paper or recycled material for plates and bowels rather than the styrofoam. Fairfield Inn's are a limited service hotel and unfortunatley do not have the room or capablilites to put in an industrial size dishwasher so that does limit or options a little especially with cutlery. I will however look into to what other options are available to see what we can do to help our planet!
usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I have been to Spokane prior to this trip and stayed somewhere different. However, I think the next time I visit, I will stay here again. This was a business trip. The location was close to great restaurants in the downtown and if you feel like a good walk, you can walk to the mall. The person working the front desk was very knowledgeable about great places to eat and not chain restaurants. Which was what I was looking for. Since I had been to Spokane multiple times I had been to the usual places and she was able to find some great spots for me. The room was up to date and quiet. Beds were good and there is a free breakfast that much better than other Fairfields I have stayed in. The customer service was excellent. The price was good for what I recieved. The airport is only about 20 minutes away. My only complaints are that despite the modern feel, the alarm clocks are not docking stations for iPods, etc. About half the hotels I stay in now have these and it's great when the hotel has these. And, there were stains on the chair and stool, that I felt like should have been cleaned as the stains were in plain view. Free parking and you may want to have to car if you don't want to do a lot of walking.

Room Tip: Would not stay near the elevator. If you are a light sleeper stay at least 3 rooms down as the &quo...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for taking time out of your busy day to post a review. I was thrilled to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us and that you will stay again in the future! We love when we can make a guests first stay with us turn into a long term relationship!

I have to agree with you about the docking stations. Right now we do offer docking stations, however they are only available in our King Suites. We are hoping that soon in the near future we may be able to add this feature to all of our rooms. Thank you again for your input and we will see you on your next trip.
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stayed here 1 night so that my husband could attend a meeting at Gonzaga University. We had a car so it was a 2 min drive to the university.

Initially we were given a room with two double beds but asked to be changed to a King room. Our request was promptly catered for.

The room was clean and large. The reception staff were friendly and helpful.

Fairfield Inn's have a free breakfast (similar to the Residence Inn) so that is helpful.

We requested a late check-out but the maximum they could give us was 1pm as the cleaners go home.

We would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your response, I greatly appriciate you taking the time to post one! I was glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We are very close to Gonzaga University and it makes it very convenient with easy access. I wasalso delighted to hear that my staff was able to honor your room change request. We always strive to go above and beyond to make our guests comfortable and make them want to return. We hope to see you again in the future!
Frisco, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

This is an excellent Fairfield Inn in Spokane within walking distance of Gonzaga University and downtown Spokane. Free breakfast is of course not very good, but other than that I enjoyed my stay. There is a "Perkins" breakfast restaurant right across the parking lot, if you prefer that.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn Spokane Downtown? Share your experiences!