“Great Stay, Great Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #8 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
“Great Stay, Great Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Stayed here while participating in the Golf and Travel Show, location is 2 minutes from the Convention Center, very convenient. Front Desk staff were always friendly, and went out of their way to make me feel at home. Complimentary breakfast was well prepared, stocked and full of choices hot and cold. Manager there was efficient and kind. Housekeeping staff was kind and efficient, rooms we're average, but with that I mean, clean, comfortable and modern, very nice, and exactly what I expected. Holiday Inn, and HI Express are usually my top pick when travelling, clean, well maintained, traditionally good staff, free wifi, flat screens, and as a HI Priority Member, I always receive a nice welcome amenity, bottled water. I'll definitely be back when I return to Spokane.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
lscook, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Downtown, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us during the recent Golf Show. I hope it was a huge success for you! Thanks for your great comments. I will share your comments with my staff. Please come stay with us again when you come back to Spokane!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

The hotel is being expanded. There is some congestion and difficult parking around the hotel because it is placed up on a rock, and no where to spread out to make room for the heavy equipment. The room was clean and the staff nice, and the food was the typical fair. However, they did have some extra 'happy hour' types of snacks in the evening. Location is right in the middle of everything, by the central park and downtown, which is great.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
lscook, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Downtown, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us! We are so excited to share our expansion with you and other guests. The new lobby and breakfast bar area are going to be totally amazing! During this time we are striving to continue to offer even better service than we have in the past. I have an amazing staff that are eagar to serve! I will certainly share your comments with my staff at our morning huddle. Please come stay with us again!
Spokane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We reserved a room in this hotel while our son underwent medical testing at a Spokane hospital. We arrived before check-in time because our son felt tired and unwell after the first test. Tawnya and Paul made extra effort to assure a room was ready early, and that it met our easy-access needs. All the employees encountered during the check-in process were cheerful and courteous. Tawnya handled our check-in with grace and efficiency, and Paul even ran out to deliver my parking pass when I forgot to get it at the counter. We are experiencing excellent service just as we have in past visits, and the room is very clean! We deeply appreciate the staff's kindness during a difficult time for our family.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
lscook, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Downtown, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and experience at the Holiday Inn Express on the Rock. I hope that the tests that your son had to endure went well and that his health is improving! Tawny and Paul are very attentive and do their best to make sure your stay is stressfree. I hope that you will come stay with us again, maybe under better circumstances. Thank you again for staying with us!
Yakima, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

The hotel was under construction and parking was tight. The hotel was close to the concert venue which was convenient for us. The staff was friendly. The free breakfast was wonderful. The housekeeping services were not up to par. One day we only received one bath towel. Another day, the sheets were not changed and the floor was not vaccumed.

Room Tip: We asked for a junior suite
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
lscook, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Downtown, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments concerning your recent stay. Please accept my sincere apology for my housekeeping department not meeting your expectations. We strive to exceed our guest's expectations. Your comments will be used to continue training towards high standards. Thank you again for staying with us. Please give us another try so that we can make this right and win your loyalty.
Saint Charles, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was glad to see that the Ownership was attempting to update the lobby of the hotel. The entrance was under construction while I was here and parking was a premium. The entrance door was temporarily relocated to when someone came in or out and you were sitting at a table in the breafast area you were balsted with the cold Northwest wind blowing in the door. When I got to my room the heat had been turned way down for quite some time. It took a couple hours to heat the room up. I had to put a towel across the bottom of the door to the room to keep the cold draft out that was coming from the stairwell, down the hall and under my door.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask to be located away from stairwells or front entrance to avoid the noise and cold draf...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
lscook, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Downtown, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments. I, too, wish the weather was warmer in January in Spokane. I do enjoy the four seasons, but sometimes the cold is bone chilling. I hope that you will come back and visit us again when we finish our construction and the weather warms up a bit. Thank you again for staying with us!
Benton City, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

The location is convenient to downtown Spokane; however, it is not within walking distance to downtown locations, especially in the winter. The friendly staff will shuttle you to any downtown venue. The room was clean and quiet - no surprises. This property has been under construction for a while, and it still has a little bit more to go. The value was great for a downtown location.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
lscook, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Downtown, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We value you opinions and share all these comments with our staff. We are in a unique location and weather permitting (which it is most of the time) it is a great stoll to the downtown area if one enjoys that sort of activity. If not, as you indicated, we do have a shuttle available to take our guests downtown in comfort. Our construction is moving right along in spite of the cold temperatures this time of year. It is very exciting to watch the progress; and causes very little disruption to our guests as it only effects the lobby end of the building. I can't wait to share our new lobby and breakfast bar with our valued guests. Please come back and watch the progress!!
Pomeroy, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I love this hotel. Even under construction the management have consistently been able to adapt and provide wonderful service. The rooms are clean, beds comfortable, and it's quiet. The staff are more than accommodating. The hotel offers (not sure the days or times) cookies, wine, beer, breakfast, and surprise!- chili last night. Love it.

Room Tip: I'm not real big on staying near the elevator or ice machine. Other than that I haven't had...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
lscook, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Downtown, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your great experience and using Trip Advisor! We have a monthly staff meeting where I share comments(good and sad) from our guests. We celebrate the good comments and use the sad comments as times to reflect on how we could do things better. Your comments will certainly give us reason to celebrate! The expansion of our breakfast bar and lobby are underway. Since it is expanding out the West end of the building, the rooms are unaffected, making the guest experience in the rooms pleasant as always. Thank you again for staying with us. I hope that you will stay with us on your next trip to Spokane!