“Located right on Riverpark in downtown Spokane” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #14 of 45 Hotels in Spokane
GreenLeadersSilver level
Calgary, Canada
“Located right on Riverpark in downtown Spokane”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed three nights at this hotel and thought it was excellent. Check in was very fast and efficient and the staff were exceptionally friendly.Our 8th floor room was large,clean and spacious. Out beds were soft and extremely comfortable.The hotel was walking distance to the beautiful pathway along Riverpark in
downtown Spokane and shopping in Riverpark square. There were two dining options in the hotel both of which I found to be a little pricey but there were lots of other dining options close by so it wasn't a problem. One negative is that the hotel charges 12.00 a day for parking and 16.00 a day for the valet service.We used the valet service and found the attendants to be exceptionally polite and helpful with directions.overall we enjoyed our stay and found the hotel to be a great value for the price and the location

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

The old girl is getting long in the tooth. The rooms have been somewhat updated with carpet and linens, but the windows and bathrooms need attention. Very small bath with original tile from 60's probably and linoleum flooring. Needed to tape the window to keep the wind whistle at bay. The property was clean and all the employees were most helpful and friendly. Overall just an average property that needs some renovations.

Aberdeen South Dakota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

The hotel was very nice, the convention center meeting rooms were kept very clean. Wednesday night my materials and notes from that conference day were discarded (probably my fault for leaving them there). You have a very beautiful city. I took over 550 photos during my week there and have shared them with family, friends, and on Facebook. Spokane has a lot to be proud of. Your hotel was in the perfect location for someone on business without a rental car. Plenty to do downtown, and lots of great places to eat, visit, and shop!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Spokane, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Though we live in Spokane, we booked a room for the night of our son's wedding. Bed was comfortable and the room was quiet, though I think the hotel is just a slight bit ready for some remodeling in regards to fixtures, carpeting, bathroom tile, etc., but it was okay. Awesome view of Spokane's Riverfront Park if you book your room on the north side of the hotel!! The clerk didn't offer us any of their famous cookies at either check-in or check-out. That was the only bummer of our stay. We shouldn't have to ask. Good buffet breakfast in the coffee shop!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

spokane, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Hotel is at an excellent location, and in fair condition however my room, #335 had a view of the roof which had a trash bag that had broke open. There is was no view at all so the trash bag was the vocal point.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Mike M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Spokane City Center, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry for the lack of view we provided during your recent stay. I also apologize for the trash bag on the roof and have sent my maintenance department up there to make sure it has been removed. Thanks again for your review.
Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

The Doubletree was a really poor choice on our part for a romantic weekend getaway. My husband paid extra to get a corner room both for the space and for what we had thought would be a nice view of the river/city. We didn't get either. The bathroom was so tiny that it was unusable without the door fully closed (I have had larger bathrooms in Manhattan). The bathtub felt super cramped (and I am only 5' tall). The tacky pinky beige 1970s era tiles and peeling wallpaper throughout the space did not help. Our "view" was of the convention center rooftop and HVAC equipment/ducting; we could only see a bit of sky from the top third of the windows. The ceilings were low and the lighting in the room was very dim even with all the lamps turned on. The room was not at all comfortable despite the really nice beds and somewhat updated bedroom area.

The cramped space was made worse by indifferent service. On our first morning, I went down for coffee and asked when it had been brewed. The waiter replied 30 minutes ago so I asked when there would be fresher coffee made. The reply was that "this is as as fresh as it gets" and that there were no plans to brew a fresh pot anytime soon. I decided then to skip not only coffee but any meals at the hotel given this attitude. It was a nice walk to a nearby Starbucks and downtown Spokane has some wonderful places to eat (Churchills, PF Changs, etc).

That same indifferent and uncaring attitude was also displayed by the hotel clerks. The elevators were not working properly on our second day. The desk clerk told a guest to "just wait a while for the next one". The guest was frustrated as he told me he had already spent more than 10 minutes waiting and didn't want to walk up 8 flights of stairs. An elevator finally came as guests continued to arrive and congregate near the elevators. The desk clerk continued to ignore everyone.

The Doubletree's location in downtown Spokane was nice but next time I will stay across the river at a newer and nicer hotel. The rooms across the river are cheaper, newer, and don't charge for parking,

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I was sorry to see that you weren’t happy with your guestroom during your recent trip to Spokane. We try to accommodate all reservations but occasionally we can’t meet every room request. I would also like to apologize that you found your guest room to be dated and for the level of service we delivered during your stay. Your feedback will be reviewed with our team so we can improve our guest experience.
Thanks again and I do hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future.
Coeur d Alene, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I purchased an Instant Getaway package, along with a couple additional purchased amenities that were all supposed to be in the room prior to check-in. I was planning a romantic night for myself and my husband and nothing was in the room when we got there. I both called AND went down to the lobby asking where my things were, and was promised them to be delivered "ASAP". ASAP was about an hour later. They did reduce my rate at time of check-out, which was nice, but after that experience, practically required. After all, it was the HOTELS mess up. They could have made the experience worthwhile by doing something a little extra special for us.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for staying with us and reviewing our hotel! Please accept my apologies for your experience during your stay. As I mentioned to you in my response to you directly, these items will be discussed with our staff, and we will work to correct them going forward. Our goal is always to provide the best, most accommodating service possible, and I regret that we failed to do so in your case. I hope you'll come back and give our hotel a second chance if your travels bring you back to our area. Thank you for your review.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Spokane City Center? Share your experiences!