“Breakfast” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Lewiston, Minnesota, United States
“Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Ask for Cici at breakfast. She will brighten the start of your day. superb menu. Overall, a well-kept hotel but dated. Bathrooms smallish, unit air-conditioners. These are offset buy spectacular riverside views. Handy to Opera House and Conventon Center. Valet service is as accommodating as you'll find, although pricey for Spokane at $18.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Vancouver, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel many times over the years, and it has always been a great place to stay, IMHO, because its rooms are remarkably free of outside noise and it is easy to get a good night's sleep. That said, the in-room AC during this most recent stay was loud and clunky, and the room and bathroom, while kept very clean, is just OLD. The tile work in the bathroom really cracked me up, as I seem to recall it being the same, exact tile in MY bathroom - that had been laid back in 1969! Some of the tiles in the design were that distinct "very Brady Bunch" avocado. Ah, good times!

I would, however, suggest you take MY observations [at least those concerning ambient noise] with a grain or 2 of salt; I have become VERY sound-sensitive over the past 10 years and wear earplugs to bed as a general rule. Another person may well not notice the sounds from the AC at all, and sounds aside, the AC really works well - it was nearly an ice box when I first checked in!

The hotel's overall condition and my personal experience relative to my room earned a score of "4".

The reason, though, for the rating of "3" was that when I arrived, I pulled my car up adjacent to the hotel entrance, as the parking spots especially for guests just arriving to register, and the parking attendant made it a point to rush over to me and order me to move - really a quite rude tone. Fortunately, at just that same time, one of the registration spots opened up. The guy was a total jerk and singularly earned a point reduction for the hotel.

Room Tip: Unclear. The rooms are, generally, comfortable from what I can tell from my many stays here. You mig...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Mike M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Spokane City Center, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent Spokane experience. I was glad to see that you are one of our regulars but sorry to hear that your AC unit was loud. I would also like to apologize for the bathroom and for the service our bellman delivered. I have shared that encounter with the manager so we can work with the team to prevent it from reoccurring in the future.
Thanks again and we hope to see you back soon.
Spokane, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

My last stay was in conjunction with a Convention. The staff was very accommodating and friendly, and I found the place to be more than clean and comfortable enough. My only real gripe is that they do not offer complimentary parking, one of the few places I've ever encountered that doesn't. On a personal note: If you ever get to feeling a bit cramped while there, and want to get out without having to actually get out, the Third floor has an access to the skywalk/concourse linking the Convention Center. It's a very tranquil, climate controlled area with a wonderful view of RiverFront Park.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We booked 3 rooms for a graduation event. If you're looking for a solid hotel with amenities but don't need high end ambiance or fancy bells & whistles, this is the place.
-- Clean, spacious rooms.
-- Decent rates.
-- Great location. Walking distance to shopping & restaurants.
-- Helpful staff, although they could have been friendlier.
-- Restaurant downstairs has good breakfast. Since it was the last day of our stay, we table camped a bit and the servers great (pouring lots of coffee and checking on us without making us feel rushed).
-- Love, love, love the "welcome" cookies they give out when you check in.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Monroe, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Our reservation was messed up and the four of us were put in a room with only a double bed and a twin roll away. The next morning when I tried to get it corrected I was told that our reservation was only for one person and only for one night, so now we no room for the the second night. By the time I found the reservation confirmation they must have found their mistake because they then changed their story. They moved us to a suite, and comped our breakfast and parking which made the second night much more comfortable. The outdoor pool was nice and the location is great. Overall I would say one bad night and one good night.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I stayed at this hotel a few months ago for the first time. I had to fly into Spokane, and the DoubleTree was one of the only hotels available when I booked due to graduation weekend. Though the hotel is older, and parts of it look quite dated, the experience was wonderful! Everyone was incredibly helpful, even though the hotel was so busy. The room was clean and ready when I arrived, and there were complimentary cookies and lemonade in the lobby all weekend. Since I had such a great experience at this hotel this first stay, this trip I decided to choose the DoubleTree again. It's close to the airport and downtown, and the staff is so pleasant and helpful. I would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

The beds are comfortable and the price is very good. Pool was ok for kids. No other frills here. Easy access to walking around park and into city centre. Go to Wild Sage bistro for dinner (about 10 blocks away)- fantastic!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Spokane City Center? Share your experiences!