“Have had better experiences at this hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Golf Package
Ranked #11 of 43 hotels in Spokane
GreenLeadersSilver level
Pacific Northwest
“Have had better experiences at this hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Using Hotwire, we've stayed at this Doubletree several times and have had a good experience every time. But this time was different. For one, for some reason the drawers to the dresser kept coming open. I'd close them up, and the next thing I knew, they'd be slid open again. It was a pain in the middle of the night, literally. The other thing, and this is big to me, was that the glasses were dirty. One had lipstick marks on it and one looked clearly as if it had simply been swiped. We got fresh glasses when we turned in the dirty ones to the front desk, but for me, although the room appeared clean, it makes me wonder, you know what I mean?

Still love the warm cookies though!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Mike M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Spokane City Center, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent stay. I would like to apologize for the dresser drawer and the dirty glassware. The dresser sounds like an adjustment that our maintenance department can make. Cleaning of the glassware is a much more formal process that we take very serious. I have already asked my Director of Housekeeping to do a refresher training on cleaning and inspecting glasses before they are put in rooms.
Again, I am sorry for the inconvenience and I do hope we get to see you on your next trip.

533 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Olympia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

The hotel was clean and the the staff was courteous and helpful. The pillows were fantastic!The hotel itself needs some updating to decor and fixtures especially given the price. Spencer's Restaurant was pricy and wine by the glass list a bit pedestrian.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your stay here in Spokane. It was good to see that our team performed well for your visit. I also appreciate the feedback about the décor, while have gone through several renovation projects over the last few years there is still work to be done and we will continue to do so.
Thanks again and I hope we see you back on your next visit to Spokane.
West Linn, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I've stayed at this property a number of times and in the past the hotel has been mediocre at best. My stay this time evidences an improving trend throughout the hotel and for my purposes it's now one of the better Hilton-branded hotels in the Spokane area.
The Doubletree has a great central location downtown near the convention center. Runners and walkers will enjoy the adjacent Spokane River. A parking garage is adjacent to the hotel and overnight rates are reasonable. The hotel lobby is large and comfortable, with a small business center (the computers have good download/upload speeds). Front desk staff is friendly yet professional.
My room on the 14th floor was at the end of the hallway and very quiet. HVAC (which over the years has been one of my gripes about this proeprty) appears upgraded and the temperature/airflow was good throughout my stay. The room itself was nicely furnished with a very comfortable bed and crisp, spotless duvet and pillows. The bathroom was a bit small, but shower flow was excellent, there were plenty of towels, and the bathroom was very clean.
Overall, the Spokane Doubletree delivered everything I needed at a reasonable rate. I plan to return to this property and I recommend it to you.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the outstanding comments about your recent stay here at the DoubleTree. It was great to see that you have noticed all of the improvements we have made over the years. The detail you highlight and closing with a recommendation is truly appreciated.
Thanks again and we hope to see you back soon.
Spokane, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Upscale, very comfortable beds, pillows, and linens. Great location on the riverfront trail where you can walk either directions for miles. Enjoyed the Starbucks in the lobby and sat around the pool and chatted with family till closing.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for the great comments about our hotel and our location. Also glad to see that our pool provided some valuable family time.
Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you back soon.
Missoula, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I came to the Doubletree because I had a group meeting which turned out to be a great conference and so much fun. Rooms are expansive, quiet and delightful. The beds exquisite. Staff are very friendly and helpful. There is positive teamwork evidence everywhere which guests appreciate and feel appreciated as well. The outdoor pool is lovely and large - perfect for fitness swimming and family fun. Shopping and the performing arts center are easy to access by foot as is the beautiful downtown park. The location is wonderful for all sorts of activities so plan carefully to stay a while.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
It was great to see that you enjoyed your trip to Spokane. Whether you’re here on business or a getaway weekend, it is our goal to make every travelers experience a memorable one.
Thank you and we hope to see you back soon.
Branson, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Be sure if you prepay your room in the HILTON family you must stay, whether or not you belong to Hilton Honors. You're just a number. No refunds when disaster strikes (my aunt's home was destroyed in OK CITY tornado) and you have to change. We booked 2 nights and had to cancel 2nd night. We still paid for 2nd night. Check in was OK. Room was OK. When I called down for bath repair next morning (6/7 rm 613), toilet kept running on & off, no answer when dialed 0. So went down to desk and stood in line while one person checked in a client while other kept on phone to outsiders. This is NOT how a check in desk works at an upscale hotel. Maybe it's just me but the girls appeared to have a slightly snooty attitude. I really like Hamptons, never a problem there. Walked across street to Chili's for a great lunch. Managers were exceptional making for an entertaining meal. The manager said if you mention your concern for the $5 parking fee he may be moved to offer you a free appetizer. We blew off Spencers the Doubletree on-site mega quality restaurant as we're more modest budget people. Walked the river front down to the power plant. Absolutely beautiful. The mall was our next stop but didn't make it. The Davenport Hotel is just beyond the mall and offers very high end quality but affordable lunch as well. All in all Doubletree is best location to stay for the City Center experience. Just don,t pay in advance and take advantage of the free $50 gift card (we just found out about that after we checked out) by TripAdvisor.

• Stayed June 2013
Mike M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Spokane City Center, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent Spokane experience. I was sorry to see that your family member was one of those impacted by the tournedos. I was also disappointed to see your comments about our front office team. The service and attitude you saw is not who we are and will be reviewed with the manager so he can correct it. I am glad you enjoyed our location and it was great to see you experienced the city.
Thanks again.
helena, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Good location, average hotel, bed quality in this particular room was poor. The breakfast was very expensive. As an example, the menu charge for a cup of coffee was $3.50... really? Three dollars and fifty cents for a cup of regular coffee?

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your comments about your trip to Spokane. I wanted to apologize for our menu pricing. We do try to be as competitive as we can but also make sure we are using quality products. For instance, the coffee is an upgraded brand and is priced as a refillable cup. I was also sorry to see that you did not enjoy your bed. We have new ones arriving for the entire hotel in July so we hope you come back to give them a try.
Thanks again.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Spokane City Center? Share your experiences!