“Ideal Location and Zero Complaints” 5 of 5 stars

Golf Package
Ranked #12 of 46 hotels in Spokane
GreenLeadersSilver level
Portland, Oregon
“Ideal Location and Zero Complaints”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I booked a room at the Doubletree completely without prior research or knowledge of the hotel. I won a room on Priceline for my one night business trip to Spokane so I really was not sure what to expect until I arrived. The hotel is ideally located. It is on the edge of downtown Spokane from the front, hugs the river and adjacent park from the rear, and is attached by a skybridge to the Spokane Convention Center. I was in town for a one day function at the Convention Center and was able to walk from my room to the center without ever stepping outside in less than five minutes of time. For this alone, the hotel is worth serious consideration if you are staying in town for business. The hotel shares a parking garage with the Convention Center.I believe the rate is $12.00 per day with unlimited in and out priviledges by inserting your room key into the gate. The valet rate is $22.00 per night, I believe, and is entirely unnecessary. Save the money and park your own car. It is a short walk. I was able to leave the car parked into the afternoon, even after having checked out, until my business was done and I was not charged extra.

I have read through the reviews and did not experience any of the complaints or troubles others have spoken of. My room looked exactly as is depicted in the photos and was spotlessly clean. I can usually spot dirt and uncleanliness in hotel rooms, but I honestly saw nothing in my room at the Doubletree. There was no dirt in crevices or under the beds. There was no discoloration or disrepaired grout and so on in the bathroom. There were no scuffs on the walls. My room looked to have been renovated recently and was being professionally cleaned and maintained. Someone spoke of the furniture being that of style over comfort. I do not agree. My room had the same comfortable oversized chair as is in the photos. It also had a comfortable desk chair and ideal business desk. Yes, the heating unit makes ridiculous noise, but it was no louder than those in most hotel rooms. This is something you have to just expect when you travel. I utilized the gym and found it to be tops. It was as good as any you will find in hotels with plenty of dumbells, fitness mats, and modern high end commercial cardio equipment with attached cardio theater. The room service is marked up to a laughable degree in pricing, but this is true of practically any hotel. I ate breakfast at the lobby restaurant and had the breakfast buffet. It was a bit overpriced, but convenient for my business next door. I walked away full.

I really have no complaints about the Doubletree. I guess if I could find anything at all to constructively critique it would be merely that the hotel is a bland hotel without a lot of character. There was simply nothing fun and exciting about staying there, but it suited all of my needs, the staff were friendly, and the facilities were clean. There was a large high school group staying in the hotel the night I was there and I feared being kept awake, yet I heard nothing of any other guests. The bed was very comfortable. The pillows were a tad too soft for my personal taste, but that is just me. As I said, I really have no complaints. I read a few reviews on this site where people bickered back and forth and even raked the hotel over the coals about the cookies at the front desk. Really!? Seriously folks, if eating cookies during the check in process is a high priority factor in selecting a hotel I think you need to take a long hard look in a mirror and do some soul searching. If you need to travel to Spokane for business or vacation and need a centrally located hotel you should consider the Doubletree. Examine your priorities and needs in comparison to the other downtown hotels. I recommend searching for rates online because I paid less than half of the hotel's website rate. As I said, it is not a historic, hip, boutique or character driven hotel. However it is clean and professionally managed and maintained with an ideal location for business or pleasure in Spokane. I would stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Mike M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Spokane City Center, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Wow, thank you for such a detailed review full of compliments and constuctive feedback. It looks like you are a pretty seasoned traveler which makes your comments even more special. I really appreciate the time you took to share this and hope we see you back soon.

410 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Spokane, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Double Tree is a nice enough hotel, but for the money, NO. I stayed there because of an event at the Spokane Conferenc eCenter. I was disappointed that there are no amenities in the room. No complimentary coffee. Satellite TV lacks choices, and is extremely slow to change channels. Why do I have to pay for "faster" WIFI? On the updside, I do like their lotion that they provide.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Mike M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Spokane City Center, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your recent stay. I would like to apologize for not showing the value you had expected.
We do provide in-room coffee but it is placed in our dresser cabinet which from a design standpoint looks nice but admittedly makes it difficult to find. I was also sorry to see that you were not happy with our TV selections. We put quite a bit of research into it when we purchased our LCD TV's and found that this provider was faster and we were able to provide about 40 channels, half in HD.
Thank you again and we hope we have the opportunity to host you again in the future.
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Excellent service, clean rooms, able to manage a large group very well. Starbucks coffee available. Hot chocolate chip cookies offered at checkin. Rooms were ready on arrival and departure went smoothly. Great location near Riverfront Park, restaurants and downtown shopping.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for the great comments about your recent stay here in Spokane. Our hotel serves all kinds of guests and one of them is large convention attendees. It was great to see the positive feedback about our service and location.

Thank you again and we hope to be able to host your group in the future.
Battle Ground, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

The room was clean and just as I would like it. Staff was responsive to my needs. Great view of Riverfront Park from my room. As always, the warm cookie was a nice touch. At times the elevators seemed a bit on the slow side, but they got me where they needed to go. I found the room to be quite comfortable and very usable.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for the comments about your recent stay here in Spokane. It was great to see that you enjoyed your experience and not a surprise to see that you liked our DoubleTree Cookies. I am sorry that our elevators were not running fast during your stay, I assume they must have had heavy usage due to business levels.
Thanks again and we hope to see you back soon.
Richland, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Everything about my stay was great except for the wall heating/air conditioning units in the rooms. Wall units disrupt my sleep and are the cause for the less than excellent rating I would have given if the hotel had central heating/air conditioning.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay here in Spokane. I was sorry to see that our heating/cooling unit disrupted your sleep. Please let us know if you do not feel that it is running properly next time so we can try to repair it. It was good to see that everything else went well.
Thanks again.
Spokane, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

This hotel is adjacent to the convention center which is the reason we stayed here. It is next to the Centennial Trail which is great to bike/ run along the Spokane river. Great views over the river. Close to restaurants and shopping. Staff are welcoming and helpful. Free airport shuttle was very useful for an early flight. Only negatives is have to pay for parking and the rooms do not have a fridge

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay here in Spokane. You are like many of our travelers, here to be next to the convention center but still able enjoy the rest of what our location as to offer. We do have a pretty good supply of refrigerators available so please ask for one at check in and we can have one delivered.
We look forward to seeing you soon.
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

The hotel is in the heart of downtown Spokane, next to the river walk and the convention center. Within a few blocks you have all the shopping and conveniences you could need. My visit included an event at the convention center which is adjacent. The hotel provided airport shuttle service which was very convenient.

The room decor is functional rather that super stylish. The bed was super comfortable with plenty of pillows. Linens were fresh clean and soft. The bathroom in my room had a small maintenance issue where caulking was missing between the basin and the backsplash and was dirty/moldy. Nothing that really bothered me, but may some.

The television was nice, however the remote would not change the channels so I had to have another delivered by maintenance. They were quick and apologetic. I also used the iron and ironing board which both worked well.

The rooms heater woke me up several times as it sounded like a diesel truck starting up so I just turned it off.

I used the workout room which was nice, with 3-4 treadmills, free weights, yoga matts and ball. There were plenty of towels and drinking water as well.

I ate at the Shutters restaurant twice and the food was well prepared. The Breakfast Burrito is yummy as is the breakfast bar if you like lots of choices. Servers were excellent!

I would stay again for the clean comfy room, convenient location, and helpful staff.

Room Tip: Because of the configuration, I imagine that most rooms have a great view. Check for anything that i...