“Great experience” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Battle Ground, United States
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

The room was clean and just as I would like it. Staff was responsive to my needs. Great view of Riverfront Park from my room. As always, the warm cookie was a nice touch. At times the elevators seemed a bit on the slow side, but they got me where they needed to go. I found the room to be quite comfortable and very usable.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Mike M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Spokane City Center, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for the comments about your recent stay here in Spokane. It was great to see that you enjoyed your experience and not a surprise to see that you liked our DoubleTree Cookies. I am sorry that our elevators were not running fast during your stay, I assume they must have had heavy usage due to business levels.
Thanks again and we hope to see you back soon.

412 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Richland, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Everything about my stay was great except for the wall heating/air conditioning units in the rooms. Wall units disrupt my sleep and are the cause for the less than excellent rating I would have given if the hotel had central heating/air conditioning.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay here in Spokane. I was sorry to see that our heating/cooling unit disrupted your sleep. Please let us know if you do not feel that it is running properly next time so we can try to repair it. It was good to see that everything else went well.
Thanks again.
Spokane, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

This hotel is adjacent to the convention center which is the reason we stayed here. It is next to the Centennial Trail which is great to bike/ run along the Spokane river. Great views over the river. Close to restaurants and shopping. Staff are welcoming and helpful. Free airport shuttle was very useful for an early flight. Only negatives is have to pay for parking and the rooms do not have a fridge

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay here in Spokane. You are like many of our travelers, here to be next to the convention center but still able enjoy the rest of what our location as to offer. We do have a pretty good supply of refrigerators available so please ask for one at check in and we can have one delivered.
We look forward to seeing you soon.
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

The hotel is in the heart of downtown Spokane, next to the river walk and the convention center. Within a few blocks you have all the shopping and conveniences you could need. My visit included an event at the convention center which is adjacent. The hotel provided airport shuttle service which was very convenient.

The room decor is functional rather that super stylish. The bed was super comfortable with plenty of pillows. Linens were fresh clean and soft. The bathroom in my room had a small maintenance issue where caulking was missing between the basin and the backsplash and was dirty/moldy. Nothing that really bothered me, but may some.

The television was nice, however the remote would not change the channels so I had to have another delivered by maintenance. They were quick and apologetic. I also used the iron and ironing board which both worked well.

The rooms heater woke me up several times as it sounded like a diesel truck starting up so I just turned it off.

I used the workout room which was nice, with 3-4 treadmills, free weights, yoga matts and ball. There were plenty of towels and drinking water as well.

I ate at the Shutters restaurant twice and the food was well prepared. The Breakfast Burrito is yummy as is the breakfast bar if you like lots of choices. Servers were excellent!

I would stay again for the clean comfy room, convenient location, and helpful staff.

Room Tip: Because of the configuration, I imagine that most rooms have a great view. Check for anything that i...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent Spokane experience. I was happy to see that we quickly resolved your issue with the TV but sorry to hear that we did not get to look at your heating unit. You may also be happy to hear that we will be increasing the size of our fitness room this summer by about one third. This will allow one additional piece of equipment and give more floor space.
Thanks again and we hope to see you back soon.
Lewiston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

My wife and I have stayed here several times. Each time has been a great experience. The views from any of the rooms are wonderful, but we do enjoy the river view the most. From the moment we pull in the staff is friendly and helpful. We really enjoy the warm soft cookie at check in to munch on as we head to our room. The bathrooms could be a bit roomier, but the room makes up for that short coming.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your great comments, it means a lot coming from a return guest. I agree with you about the excellent views but change my mind about which side I like best. Seeing the sunrise on the southeast side or looking towards downtown at dusk is also quite nice.
Thank you again, we look forward to seeing you soon.
A small town in Northwest Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

It is located next to the river with walking / biking trails- adjacent to the convention center and an easy walk to the mall, movies, restaurants and worlds fair river park.
The location is awesome but also a steakhouse on site or Chili's and Azteca across the street. Fast Eddies bar a block down. Tall hotel with great views. Only negative is parking costs. It is twice the red lion and the Marriott are free.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share comments about your recent stay here in Spokane. I am happy to see that you enjoyed all our location to offer including the neighborhood restaurants and bars.
We hope to see you back soon.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

The hotel was very nice for a business stay. My room was large and the cleaning staff did a great job each day. They serve coffee/tea in a kiosk in the lobby which was so convenient. It is a little dated if you are concerned about decor (but not run-down at all). Try the steakhouse restaurant in the lobby. It is quite good and they have some super happy hour specials on drinks and food. Room service is also very quick!

Room Tip: My room was on the 4th floor overlooking the entrance. It was still very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the great feedback about your recent stay here in Spokane. It was nice to see the great comments about our restaurant's and room service. I will also make sure to pass on your compliments to our housekeeping team, their work behind the scenes is so important.
Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Spokane City Center? Share your experiences!