“Staying Downtown Spokane Washington” 4 of 5 stars

All in One Package
Ranked #14 of 43 Hotels in Spokane
GreenLeadersSilver level
Butte, Montana
“Staying Downtown Spokane Washington”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Hotel was centrally located downtown Spokane and walking distance to Riverside Mall (6 blocks) and there are many fine restaurants in the surrounding area, all within walking distance. There is a charge for parking but one should ask is parking is no charge in the parking garage, I was able to get the fee waved with a smile.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floors-14 or 15
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Mike M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Spokane City Center, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for the great comments about our hotel and location. It looks like you really got to experience our great city.
Thanks again and we hope to see you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Nelson, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

This Hotel was thee worst place we have ever stayed in Spokane. The female that booked us in was very rude and could not wait to get us away from the counter, like she was too busy to book us in, that should have been our first clue, but it just got better. The room was dirty, the toilet has black mold under the rim, hair on the bathroom floor. We could hear the people talking next door and their dog barking all night, it was just great! Parking was a long way from the hotel and packed, also costs 12.00 per day. When we got back to our room one night, and yes we tried to stay out as long as possible, we were greeted by a large group of kids with one 'adult' sitting in the lobby, playing poker and a open bottle of liquor next to a chair. So at this point we had just about enough, we complained to the night staff (same lovely female that checked us in) and male, they said 'well really what is the problem, what do you want', we said our money back but we booked with a discount site and had already been charged and paid for the room. I can not not believe that this hotel is part of the Hilton family. Absolutely Worst Experience, Will NEVER Say Again and NEVER Recommend it!

Room Tip: Do Not Stay Here.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Mike M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Spokane City Center, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
I was sorry to read about your stay here at our hotel last December. Please know that this is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we have addressed the issues you mentioned with your check in and other guests. I am also discussing your concerns with the level of cleanliness with my housekeeping team. Please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel direct if you have any additional questions or concerns.
Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you’ll give us another opportunity soon to make your stay the best it can be.
Guymon, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I only saw my room, but it was one on the end that was in the shape of an L, giving ample room for the work desk, which I appreciated. It also had 2 comfortable chairs with footstools to watch TV or read. Loved those. Beds were comfy, shower great, restaurant was excellent. But the best part of the hotel was the proximity to the river and how pretty that was.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Mike M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Spokane City Center, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your comments about our hotel. You were in our most popular room, what we refer to has our corner premium rooms. I also agree with you about the river behind the hotel and the best part is it is beautiful all year, winter, spring, summer and fall.
Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

This hotel has an excellent location (right next to the convention center), and the staff at the front desk is polite and very helpful. However, it is an very old hotel and really needs renovation. My room had an AC unit that's so loud that I had to turn it off so that I can sleep (my colleague who was traveling with me, and had his own room made the same complaint).

I also ate lunch at the steakhouse (part of the hotel), the food was only OK. I asked the waitress not to put cheese in my salad, and she did exactly that. Unfortunately, she forgot that there is "quite a bit of" cheese in the salad dressing - I was glad that I only took one bite, otherwise, I may have to extend my stay in Spokane.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Mike M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Spokane City Center, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for staying with us here in Spokane. We appreciate your candid review of our property and your experience. We value feedback and use it to make improvements to our guest experience on an ongoing basis. It is possible that the heating and cooling unit needs to be serviced if it was loud so we will work to identify your room location and have it looked at. I will also review your comments my restaurant manager.
Thank you again we hope you will return and see our improvements.
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

The room was spacious and comfortable. The hotel is conveniently located in the downtown area where everything is within walking distance (movies, mall, restaurants, etc.). Great stay for joggers since the park running trail is just right behind the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We have several regular guests who are also runners that take advantage of the 37 mile long Centennial Trail. It is really a unique feature and we are lucky to be on it.
We hope to see you back soon.
Fairplay, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Clean, comfortable room. Staff was efficient and pleasant. Hotel is adjacent to the conference center, so going from room to conference was dry and easy. Conference deal offered room at reasonable price, but when I had to shorten my planned length of stay, had to pay for all the nights of the original reservation. Knew it ahead of time, so it was no surprise, but didn't make the room much of a bargain after all.

Quebec
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

You won't make a mistake to go at this hotel. The staff is friendly and helpful, the room service is very good and the place is clean.

However, although it has the title "Hilton", it could have been one of the many hotels we have been to. There was no "extra" experience to be there. And although I was not there for that, it has been difficult to take a look at the Baseball World Series as the tv reception was unreliable. Very often in fact, we lost the signal. It was somewhat funny, but not expected in an Hilton.

On the wifi-side, the complimentary service was very good. No need to pay for the extra service.

Finally, don't forget that this hotel has a very efficient free shuttle to the airport.

Room Tip: Avoid the third floor which has a tunnel to go to the convention center.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the great feedback on your stay here in Spokane. We appreciate the nice comments about our staff, room service and our airport shuttle. We will also make sure to focus on the “extra” you mentioned because that is our goal, we want your experience to be special. I was also sorry to see the TV reception comment but I assume this was due to the dispute our satellite provider was having with that station. Thankfully it has been settled but it was after your departure.

Thanks again and I hope we see you on your next trip to Spokane.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Spokane City Center? Share your experiences!